Jump to content
  • Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

NCL Air "Travel With" Program Discontinued


Recommended Posts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, projecthandbag said:

Any suggestions?

Given all the flight and airline issues these days, I guess this is not too surprising. I doubt there is anything you can do to change NCL's position. They are just as much at the mercy of the airlines as the rest of us.

My suggestion would be something like this:

1. Check with your traveling companions and compare reservations. Are you all OK with the flights NCL has reserved? (Note, "OK" - not "happy." Happy would be if you were all traveling together.) If you all can live with the flights you have, I'd keep them if it were me.

2. If the answer to #1 is No, see if you can find flights yourself (or with the help of a TA) that you like better. Since everyone's balance of schedule/route/price is different, only you and your companions can determine what "better" means for you all.

3. If you are able to find better flights than NCL has provided, book them, THEN call NCL and cancel your NCL-arranged flights. I would not cancel the NCL-arranged flights until I had alternate flights reserved and paid for.

 

Good luck. Hope it all works out.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, wil e coyote said:

Given all the flight and airline issues these days, I guess this is not too surprising. I doubt there is anything you can do to change NCL's position. They are just as much at the mercy of the airlines as the rest of us.

My suggestion would be something like this:

1. Check with your traveling companions and compare reservations. Are you all OK with the flights NCL has reserved? (Note, "OK" - not "happy." Happy would be if you were all traveling together.) If you all can live with the flights you have, I'd keep them if it were me.

2. If the answer to #1 is No, see if you can find flights yourself (or with the help of a TA) that you like better. Since everyone's balance of schedule/route/price is different, only you and your companions can determine what "better" means for you all.

3. If you are able to find better flights than NCL has provided, book them, THEN call NCL and cancel your NCL-arranged flights. I would not cancel the NCL-arranged flights until I had alternate flights reserved and paid for.

 

Good luck. Hope it all works out.

Don't think anyone can top this advise

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I too got this letter yesterday. Our issue is that I will be traveling with my 94 year old father to cruise Alaska. When making our reservations I repeatedly stressed that my sister and her husband, who is a doctor all need to be on the same flights. It would be almost impossible for me to handle my father in a wheelchair by myself. I just spent an hour and a half trying to clarify this. Our trip is 9/5 and we can cancel our air with no issues until 7/17. I was advised that it is a systems issue and nothing can be done. At one point I suggested that one person from NCL contact someone in the airlines but that too can't be done. I suggested that the cancelation date be after we all had our flight information but that to can't be done.  The flight information comes out anywhere from 30-45 days. They suggested we book our own travel and I told them I already paid for the services as a customer of NCL to avoid and travel concerns and that I do not want to hand out an additional charge for 4 people on my credit card. Find this to be unfair. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got the email. My sister did not get it. We had paid to travel with. We are all departing from the same airport so we will just see what flight information we get. NCL did say they would credit my card $50 for the change. We are 58 days out

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@putums I'm sorry this happened to you, your situation is difficult.  I hope you are able to figure out a way to be together on a flight.   @wil e coyoteThank you for your thoughts and good advice.  We haven't seen the flights NCL is booking us on yet.  Who knows, maybe we will end up together anyway. I suspect we can't find round-trip flights Rome for $450.00 each and will stay with NCL Air.  Hoping things improve by September after the summer rush is over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@putums, @projecthandbag, and all others who have to deal with this - I sincerely hope it all works out. I know for me, "taking care" of the flights is something I do at the same time I am booking the cruise - either by booking through NCL or by doing it myself (we've done both.) It's unsettling to think the flights are all set and then find out they aren't - or at least aren't what you expected.

 

1 minute ago, projecthandbag said:

I suspect we can't find round-trip flights Rome for $450.00 each and will stay with NCL Air.  Hoping things improve by September after the summer rush is over.

I think you're correct that beating the NCL price may be tough, but it certainly doesn't hurt to try. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, putums said:

I too got this letter yesterday. Our issue is that I will be traveling with my 94 year old father to cruise Alaska. When making our reservations I repeatedly stressed that my sister and her husband, who is a doctor all need to be on the same flights. It would be almost impossible for me to handle my father in a wheelchair by myself. I just spent an hour and a half trying to clarify this. Our trip is 9/5 and we can cancel our air with no issues until 7/17. I was advised that it is a systems issue and nothing can be done. At one point I suggested that one person from NCL contact someone in the airlines but that too can't be done. I suggested that the cancelation date be after we all had our flight information but that to can't be done.  The flight information comes out anywhere from 30-45 days. They suggested we book our own travel and I told them I already paid for the services as a customer of NCL to avoid and travel concerns and that I do not want to hand out an additional charge for 4 people on my credit card. Find this to be unfair. 

I don’t understand the 4 charges on your card.  Pick out flights, book yourselves, and everyone can put the charges on their own card.  Booking airline tickets is one of the easiest things to do on your own, and then you have full control of your flights, seats, times, everything.  I have never used the NCL air perk as giving up control and peace of mind over our flights isnt worth any amount of money to us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've booked an Alaska cruise with NCL using NCL Air with 2nd passenger flies free. The total round trip from Charlotte, N.C. is $718.00. The cheapest flights I can find is $1495.00. I think that's a pretty good deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

.Thanks for your words of support. I have tried but can't beat the prices we got when we first booked, hoping it will all work out. Will just take the chance and see what we get

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Explore 5 Unique Destinations With All-inclusive Pricing
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2023
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Cruise Critic News & Features
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...