Taxi's from Butchart Gardens to Victoria cruise port

We're cruising Alaska in a few weeks and will have a stop in Victoria on our way back to Seattle.  Our time in Victoria is quite short and in the evening (scheduled port time is 7:00 p.m. to midnight).  Even though time will be short, we'd like to taxi up to Butchart Gardens and spend an hour or two there.  From what I've heard, it sounds like it won't be difficult to get  a taxi to take us there.  What I'm wondering, however, is if taxi's will be readily available late in the evening (10:00 to 10:30ish) to get a ride back to the cruise port in Victoria.  I'd appreciate information from anyone with experience or information on this.  Thanks!

Well Butchart Gardens might not be open the evening you are there.  Like everywhere else worldwide, they are having staffing problems and have not been able to reopen with full hours.  So before hopping in a taxi, I would double check on their website if they are actually open the night you are in town.

https://www.butchartgardens.com/hours/

To answer your question, taxi's do not hang around out there waiting to be hired.  You'd either have to make arrangements with the taxi that drops you off to come back for you or call for one when you're ready.

Edited by cruiseryyc