Hats

If you want a straw hat, I'd either find a crushable/packable one OR buy it in a port. Otherwise you have to wear it/bring it on the plane (assuming you fly to the port) and that's always been a bit PITA for me. I usually forego hats on vacation, however....

I bought a cowboy hat (so cute!) here at Wal-mart and also brought one of my baseball hats.

I agree with Sassy. Check out Wal-mart. They have a ton of cute hats, both straw, visers, baseball hats, etc...

I picked one up on my last trip. It was a pain in the hiney to haul home but I love it. I just got my new TravelSmith catalog and there were some crushable hats in it along with a nice red straw one in the latest Coldwater Creek.

I have a crushable one I got a couple years ago at Marshalls or TJ Maxx (can't remember) for cheap cheap and it works great--I just never feel like bringing it with me on a vacation so thus far I've only used it at home or at the beach ("home" beach vs vacation beach--sad, isn't it??)

I alternate between my blue NY Yankees cap, my pink Boston Red Sox cap, and my Atlanta Braves ball cap.

If we ever meet for a drink, please wear the Yankee's cap. :D

Wannabetraveler,

The TravelSmith crushable straw hats are great.

Jane

Well, the Yankees cap because I'm such a Yankees (read Derek Jeter) fan, the Red Sox because I love pink, and the Atlanta Braves cap because I lusted after David Justice when he still played for them.

I can promise you Jane that the Red Sox hat doesn't get within a 100 miles of NYC and wouldn't even think of wearing a Mets cap! LOL!

Well, the Yankees cap because I'm such a Yankees (read Derek Jeter) fan, the Red Sox because I love pink, and the Atlanta Braves cap because I lusted after David Justice when he still played for them.

I can promise you Jane that the Red Sox hat doesn't get within a 100 miles of NYC and wouldn't even think of wearing a Mets cap! LOL!

Lol...I'm a lifelong Cubs fan, but I greatly enjoy the engineering (i.e. guys butts :D) of all baseball teams.

I'm bringing a baseball hat for any excursions, but I've just picked up a "Wallaroo" hat and it's the most perfect sun hat I've ever owned...and I've owned a lot because I'm very much a "hat person."

They not only look beautiful (I think better than any of my straw hats) but they are spf 50 to boot! I picked up the "Traveler" and it has a very nice 4 or 5 inch brim and I realized that I can shape the hat into almost anything!

Also, it's a great packing hat.....completely crushable.

My husband loves it and all my friends want one now. It looks very Hampton'ish'

http://www.wallaroohats.com/

Here is the hat that I ordered from Ann Taylor Loft. It is a sun hat that is packable and crushable and it is so perfect!!! I had one before and last year when I went to Las Vegas, but the maid had layed my hat on top of the side lamp shade and it burned a few holes in it, so I had to through it away! This hat is SO PERFECT for just $18.00. I got it for less than that because they are having their $25 savings cards going on right now too!

Here is the link:

http://www.anntaylorloft.com/atlLMProductPage.process?RestartFlow=t&Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=370&Product_Id=63922

DEANA

I took 2 hats with me (and a visor) One hat was a cowboy hat that matched my embarkation outfit. The other was a straw hat (made me think of Clark Gable!) that I absolutely love! I took both hats, wore the cowboy hat at embarkation and completely forgot about the other one:( the rest of the trip!!! Now I have this really cool hat that I've never worn and lugged both of them through the DSM, MSPL and TPA airports TWICE!!!

There are really cute hats all over the Caribbean; I say buy one there and you only have to mess with it one way on your trip and have a great souvenier, too.:)

I bought some really cute hats...at Wal*Mart!! You'd be surprised what you can find there ;)

and

I agree with Sassy. Check out Wal-mart. They have a ton of cute hats, both straw, visers, baseball hats, etc...

You guys are spot on! I picked up the cutest sun hat in Walmart today for under $4! It is the type you can fold or squash too!

I hate Walmart normally, but I was in there looking for St Patrick's Day stuff and remember this post about hats, so took a look.

Big thanks to you both! :D

RYZMOM

We are sailing on the Explorer in June. It will be our fourth cruise. We will be celebrating an aniversary also, but ours will be 35. So you see I am a bit older than you or may be I decided to get married at 12.

Archived