Hop On Hop Off bus yes or no?

We used HOHO bus in Vancouver in 2019. It was great then. We we planning to use it again this year but no so sure this because of reviews and also there seems to be less stops than before. Hopefully you hear from someone with more recent experience.

We did the HOHO in Vancouver  last month. We only had two days there, so this was a great option when we disembarked. You get a great overview the city highlights and get a good idea of where you would like to get off at or return to later. Our trip ended in Gastown and we wandered around there and had a delicious lunch at the Blarney pub. 

On 8/2/2022 at 3:28 PM, ROCruiser said:

We did, but it was in 2015, after we got off the cruise at Canada Place. Here is my report for that experience. 

Great blog. If your ever at the Library in Vancouver again you will want to take the elevator up to the roof top garden.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, em-sk said:

Great blog. If your ever at the Library in Vancouver again you will want to take the elevator up to the roof top garden.

Great! Good to know. Maybe I'll try when we are there this September. Thanks!

WE also planned to use the hop on/off bus to fill the day after we get off the ship. We have until 11pm to wait for our plane! The recent reviews sound horrible.

I found a day trip up to Whistler  but haven't found any other trips that we can take our luggage and get dropped at the airport. Any suggestions?

34 minutes ago, marco2111 said:

WE also planned to use the hop on/off bus to fill the day after we get off the ship. We have until 11pm to wait for our plane! The recent reviews sound horrible.

I found a day trip up to Whistler  but haven't found any other trips that we can take our luggage and get dropped at the airport. Any suggestions?

With that much time, any of the longer post-cruise tours are definitely safe to take - North Shore attractions like Capilano & Grouse do suck up a fair bit of drive time, but still tend to be too short a time on site to fully experience things. Local providers are Land Sea and West Coast, both of whom offer 6-7 hour tours.

Personally with that much time to play with though I'd buy a transit Day Pass, store suitcases downtown, do a bunch of stuff all day, have dinner, collect bags, head to YVR for 9pm* on SkyTrain if mobile enough, or just spend the extra ~US$28 on a cab if you really cannot manage to roll your bags at all... if you need a porter at the airport and pier then you need a cab, but if you can walk from curb to check-in unassisted, SkyTrain to the airport is easily done with luggage.

*Evenings are less of a hassle, and flights this late have no Preclearance, so even two hours beforehand will likely turn into 'wait over an hour at the gate' but better safe than sorry in these days of extra-stress air travel.