Latitudes Specialty Restaurant Vouchers

FredZiffle

I read somewhere in this forum that NCL had started allowing Latitudes vouchers to be used in other specialty restaurants beyond the Cagney's/Le Bistro and Moderno/La Cucina.  Is this true across the fleet or just on certain ships/sailings?  I'm on the Getaway in another week and am wondering whether to throw in a pair of slacks so I can eat at Ocean Blue.

9 hours ago, goldmom said:

Is there still the $35 cap on the entree costs?  

The vouchers still show the limit. Our experience on our last two cruises was that the waiters did not care about the $35, but cared about any item on the menu with an upcharge. So, we had entrees over $35 with no charges. 

image.png.ebdb1c692bd0381244ff6ccb064d7592.png

image.png.b38e56400cad6fda5d6e988531c7bcea.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Coastalbreezes said:

It is true across the fleet and I like having additional choices for specialties now.

It wasn’t mentioned as an option on the Bliss in May. Not sure if they would have just allowed us to eat anywhere. For us it wasn’t an issue because we also had the 2 FAS dinners. 
 They did not care about the $35 limit in Cagney though. They said we could order any entree except for the tomohawk and something else that was expensive. 

Jumping in to say I’ve never had problems wearing jeans in Ocean Blue, and also to ask if anyone can tell me the likelihood of getting the vouchers on an upcoming 4 day cruise? I see that it says they are available for cruises longer than 5 days, but wondering if that’s the actual practice?

On 8/10/2022 at 5:30 AM, Coastalbreezes said:

It is true across the fleet and I like having additional choices for specialties now.

Is this something official (where they will eventually update the web pages and coupons, or something you just need to know about?

Also, what counts as an appetizer at La Cucina?

On 8/10/2022 at 2:30 AM, Coastalbreezes said:

If it is fleet wide they certainly aren't advertising it.  Only got a letter 1 time  (5 cruises, 4 ships since March), on the Jewel in April.  Ships are handling latitudes promos differently - Dawn in July was doing wine tasting so no latitudes OBC but OBC still available on the Star last week.

9 hours ago, complawyer said:

just got  off the bliss last week. i was told at ocean blue that they do not accept the voucher for a free dinner (very emphatically, i might add)

Sorry...ignore...I misread the title.

Edited by CaptainBazz

4 minutes ago, jkrelph said:

Do these vouchers come as a letter to your email or ??   Do you have to be a certain level to get?

Platinum or above.

Vouchers are left in your stateroom.

If you sail in non-suites, that’s 75 nights to attain the minimum points for platinum. 

There are seven tiers to the Latitudes Rewards program:
  • Bronze (1 to 19 points)
  • Silver (20 to 44 points)
  • Gold (45 to 74 points)
  • Platinum (75 to 149 points)
  • Sapphire (150 to 349 points)
  • Diamond (350 to 699 points)
  • Ambassador (700 or more points)
  • Thanks 1

On 8/10/2022 at 6:36 PM, Mlake09 said:

Jumping in to say I’ve never had problems wearing jeans in Ocean Blue, and also to ask if anyone can tell me the likelihood of getting the vouchers on an upcoming 4 day cruise? I see that it says they are available for cruises longer than 5 days, but wondering if that’s the actual practice?

No vouchers on a 4 night cruise. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Platinum or above.

Vouchers are left in your stateroom.

If you sail in non-suites, that’s 75 nights to attain the minimum points for platinum. 

There are seven tiers to the Latitudes Rewards program:
  • Bronze (1 to 19 points)
  • Silver (20 to 44 points)
  • Gold (45 to 74 points)
  • Platinum (75 to 149 points)
  • Sapphire (150 to 349 points)
  • Diamond (350 to 699 points)
  • Ambassador (700 or more points)

You can also double your points on a sailing by booking one of the Latitudes Members cruises sent out monthly.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the Getaway, and the vouchers were not good at any of the specialty restaurants other than the same 4 they've always worked at.  I had packed my slacks planning on Ocean Blue, so we ended up eating there anyway and just using OBC.  Blah.  I would never eat there again even if it were free, and I feel taken advantage of for actually paying for my meal.  The damn $38 fisherman's platter came with two shrimp, two scallops, and a piece of fish.  Asked for tarter sauce as well as the remoulade sauce it came with.  They forgot it, so I asked again.  After a good ten minutes, they brought something out which the waiter said was tarter sauce even though, as he said,  it looked just like the remoulade.  Funny thing was it tasted just like the remoulade as well.  My wife got one of the fresh fish and said it was unremarkable at best.  Honestly, I would rank Ocean Blue right alongside La Cuccina at the very bottom of the specialty restaurants.

On 8/16/2022 at 10:03 AM, The Shrike said:

You can also double your points on a sailing by booking one of the Latitudes Members cruises sent out monthly.

Sure. We get double points on most cruises by sailing in a suite or the Haven (and sometimes triple points).