How soon can I arrive at port Canaveral

geovet

At 21 days out, you'll be able to check in thru the NCL website and choose your arrival time.  Actual boarding does not typically begin until 1130am or so.  First to board are Haven, elevated Latitudes status, etc.  

2 hours ago, jemz1949 said:

At 21 days out, you'll be able to check in thru the NCL website and choose your arrival time.  Actual boarding does not typically begin until 1130am or so.  First to board are Haven, elevated Latitudes status, etc.  

If you want an early arrival time like 9am, make sure that at midnight the 21st day before you cruise do all your check in documents. 

was there 2 weeks ago had the 9am check in time and got there at 8:45am not much line at that time but people were waiting.  they did not let us in till 9:30am and boarding was about 11:15 for us.

5 hours ago, makdex said:

was there 2 weeks ago had the 9am check in time and got there at 8:45am not much line at that time but people were waiting.  they did not let us in till 9:30am and boarding was about 11:15 for us.

What did you do to kill time between checking in at 9:30 and boarding at 11:15 if not haven or elevated status?

On 8/10/2022 at 11:12 AM, geovet said:

It’s been 3 years since I cruised so another kind of newby question.  I like to arrive early for my cruise. Is there a set time for arrival?

thanks

ps

I’ll likely think of more !

You can arrive any time you want to arrive.  If you arrive before the port opens, the doors might be locked.

18 hours ago, hrmkr said:

What did you do to kill time between checking in at 9:30 and boarding at 11:15 if not haven or elevated status?

Not much to do around the checkin area.  That's one of the downsides of getting there too early.  People will still be getting off the ship from the previous cruise at 9:30.  I've seen stragglers getting off at 10:00 a.m. 

No one can board while the previous cruise's guests are still on board.

So, if you get to the pier early, you'll probably be relegated to just waiting/wandering around.  

18 hours ago, hrmkr said:

My theory is...I can sit around & wait at the hotel...or at the port. No matter to me.

In the age of smartphones, waiting isn't quite as painful.

We try to be there around 9:30 for most cruises & are typically one of the first groups onboard.

Edited by KKB