lysol spray

JOHN 57

We always bring wipes for hard surfaces and spray can of lysol for soft surfaces. As soon as we enter our cabin on boarding day,  DH and I go into sanitization mode! Do this for hotels as well.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, loman said:

Ya , we wipe down the inside of the drawers too . You dont know what was in there before you got there . We leave them open to dry and air out before we put anything in them .

Don’t know why I never thought to do that but surely will from now on Thanks!

I am determined to keep my immune system healthy, so I never wipe things down.  I will even eat things dropped on the floor that have been there 6 seconds.  I once ate an eclair that had been tossed in the trash.  It was still sitting on it's plate on top of everything, though.  😜

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, rudeney said:

I am determined to keep my immune system healthy, so I never wipe things down.  I will even eat things dropped on the floor that have been there 6 seconds.  I once ate an eclair that had been tossed in the trash.  It was still sitting on it's plate on top of everything, though.  😜

Is that you Costanza ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, rudeney said:

I wondered if anyone would get that! 🤣

I got it immediately lol.

I do agree though that there is no reason to spray/wipe down surfaces.  Best thing you can do is just wash your hands regularly.  We regularly cruise and stay in hotels and never wipe anything down.  We're also rarely ever sick.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BND said:

I do agree though that there is no reason to spray/wipe down surfaces.  Best thing you can do is just wash your hands regularly.  We regularly cruise and stay in hotels and never wipe anything down.  We're also rarely ever sick.

Agree.  If anyone is immunocompromised, they should take necessary precautions (just like they would anywhere else). 

But there is no reason for a healthy individual with a working immune system to completely disinfect an entire room.  Wash your hands before eating or touching your face, and you're good to go.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, brillohead said:

Agree.  If anyone is immunocompromised, they should take necessary precautions (just like they would anywhere else). 

But there is no reason for a healthy individual with a working immune system to completely disinfect an entire room.  Wash your hands before eating or touching your face, and you're good to go.  

Much easier to just wear a hazmat suit

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, rudeney said:

4 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

I touch things on a daily basis, and never wipe it down......

Last time I board a Cruise was day a Chartered Lifestyle Cruise got off. So nope, I wiped room down. Would have anyway. Spending years, Decades in Hotels, know what to do to make a room mine. And to other Poster, been Cruising since 80's and never have got Sick

• Like 4

Ok , something to think about , 

What if the pax before you used a drawer to store their dirty underwear. 

There , i said it . lol😆

And i have seen videos of people storing their shoes on the shelves , rather than the floor where they are supposed to be. 

I put my nice clean folded clothes on those shelves .

Thats why we wipe stuff down.

I dont mind if you dont though . Its ok with me. 🙂

• Like 6