Jump to content
,

australia processing delay for visa approval


Recommended Posts

does anyone have a phone number you can call to check on  visa  processing for australia for a us citizen we are a couple and one of us got approved quickly in 24 hours and we are waiting for the other- we applied  on july 19, 2022- getting anxious- we applied online rather than using the phone app- thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did you actually apply through the Australian government? The usual way for a US visitor to apply is for an ETA visa, but this is only possible through the app. Which you said you didn't do.

 

You can apply for a regular visa online but it's not likely to be done so quickly and you can get the status, and it's more involved so would be unlikely if you only want an ETA. Hence a suspicion that you applied through an agent.

 

Without more details it's not possible to give a more specific answer.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Did you actually apply through the Australian government? The usual way for a US visitor to apply is for an ETA visa, but this is only possible through the app. Which you said you didn't do.

 

You can apply for a regular visa online but it's not likely to be done so quickly and you can get the status, and it's more involved so would be unlikely if you only want an ETA. Hence a suspicion that you applied through an agent.

 

Without more details it's not possible to give a more specific answer.

i did not think i could use the ETA phone   app- had a misdemeanor  trespassing conviction -  30 plus years ago  should i do the ETA in addition- the new zealand visa came back approved quickly and i used their ETA app which had character questions in it-which i answered-  any thoughts are welcome

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, sage cruiser said:

i did not think i could use the ETA phone   app- had a misdemeanor  trespassing conviction -  30 plus years ago  should i do the ETA in addition- the new zealand visa came back approved quickly and i used their ETA app which had character questions in it-which i answered-  any thoughts are welcome

I can't advise you what you should use, but the instructions for applying through the government are here. 

 

Subclass 601 Electronic Travel Authority (homeaffairs.gov.au) 

 

You can then assess whether you applied directly or through a third party and how you want to proceed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem.  I applied for an ETA for my wife and myself.  Mine was approved in a couple of min and her was not.   They wanted a scan of her passport and some additional information.  Which I sent in over a week ago.  We are leaving in two weeks and really do not have any idea what to do.

 

They have a site to view but shows nothing new.  Embassy in US will not talk with us about these ETA.

 

Certanley there is a way to find out this info but can-t find it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, timbom said:

I am having the same problem.  I applied for an ETA for my wife and myself.  Mine was approved in a couple of min and her was not.   They wanted a scan of her passport and some additional information.  Which I sent in over a week ago.  We are leaving in two weeks and really do not have any idea what to do.

 

They have a site to view but shows nothing new.  Embassy in US will not talk with us about these ETA.

 

Certanley there is a way to find out this info but can-t find it

How did you apply for the ETA, the government ETA app or through a thrid party website? Did they say why they wanted more information and a scan of her passport?

Edited by possum52
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, timbom said:

I am having the same problem.  I applied for an ETA for my wife and myself.  Mine was approved in a couple of min and her was not.   They wanted a scan of her passport and some additional information.  Which I sent in over a week ago.  We are leaving in two weeks and really do not have any idea what to do.

 

They have a site to view but shows nothing new.  Embassy in US will not talk with us about these ETA.

 

Certanley there is a way to find out this info but can-t find it

Perhaps try the Digital Assistant at the bottom of this page - https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Experience more Co-op Holidays
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...