NCL Spirit 9/2122 Sailing how to handle ArriveCAN with two Canadian ports

andrewsjerrypat

This is an unusual cruise in that at departs and ends in Seattle, BUT it has two Canadian ports that it stops at midway thru the cruise, Vancouver and Victoria. How are they handling the ArriveCAN requirement since ports are in the middle of the cruise. I called NCL and they had no clue what I was talking about.Thanks. Jerry from Oklahoma

Edited by andrewsjerrypat
typo correction

• andrewsjerrypat changed the title to NCL Spirit 9/2122 Sailing how to handle ArriveCAN with two Canadian ports

My understanding is that there are special cruise rules and you need to complete Arrive Can within 72 hours of embarking on the cruise. There is a cruise question which asks the ship name - so presumably links with any passport checks at ports. But do read the official website yourself to make sure I’m correct!

I'm on a Carnival cruise to Alaska at the moment and had to use the AriveCan to board the cruise. Just fill it out with your first Canadian stop and be done with it. They don't care what you have within the app as long as your have tour emailed QR code from your confirmation email when you embark.  Nobody will even check your second port within if you can't figure it out.  All this nonsense is just a formality and it's stupid.

Edited by tallnthensome

My understanding is that EACH TIME you enter Canada, even through a different port, you need to fill out a new ArriveCAN form.  Your Passport and vaccination info is already entered when you set your account up, however the separate ArriveCAN form is required each time you enter.

I have read that on either the Alaska Board or the West Coast Ports Board.

6 hours ago, Sea saw 56 said:

My understanding is that EACH TIME you enter Canada, even through a different port, you need to fill out a new ArriveCAN form.  Your Passport and vaccination info is already entered when you set your account up, however the separate ArriveCAN form is required each time you enter.

I have read that on either the Alaska Board or the West Coast Ports Board.

Unless you are entering Canada on your own, you enter information based on your cruise itinerary/start date. So you would complete your application within 72 hours of starting your cruise, entering in Victoria. You need to have it completed prior to boarding the ship. Once you arrive in Victoria you are still in Canada until leaving Vancouver for Seattle, so you are not reentering Canada.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, julig22 said:

Unless you are entering Canada on your own, you enter information based on your cruise itinerary/start date. So you would complete your application within 72 hours of starting your cruise, entering in Victoria. You need to have it completed prior to boarding the ship. Once you arrive in Victoria you are still in Canada until leaving Vancouver for Seattle, so you are not reentering Canada.

Sorry, I stand corrected.