• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Brisbane cruise terminal to Lone Koala Sanctuary

We are looking to go to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary while we are in Brisbane. Is it possible to take a taxi from the pier and will there be availability of taxis at Lone Pine for the return?

The Lone Pine is about 15km the other side of Brisbane, most cruise ships have shore excursions to the park. The Bus also takes you through the City. Another way is to get to Brissy and then catch the M.V Miramar a cruiser that will take you upstream to the park. The new BCT is over 20km from the CBD so the trip to the park is about 40km that's why a shore excursion is the way to go. Not sure what Taxi service is like from BCT, a Queenslander like Sinbad should be of help there.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

With the Brisbane port closure the cancelled our tour to lone pine.  I purchased the following tour.  It was non refundable but they will let me transfer it up to Jan 28 2024. It was 300 AUD for two people If anyone is interested let me know and make an offer.

The Koala Discovery Tour is the perfect experience for any koala lover. During this 60 minute guided experience, participants will:

Go behind-the-scenes to our leaf sorting area and learn how we cater for our picky eaters

Enter a koala exhibit with your guide for extra special photo opportunities

Spend one-on-one time holding one of these incredible animals and capture your special moment with a photo from our professional photographers. You can also take photos on your own device

What’s included

60-minute guided experience with Education Officer

Koala hold and 5×8 printed professional photo

Exclusive access to our koala exhibits

Requirements

*Package price does not include entry to the sanctuary. Entry passes to be booked in addition to tour package.

Minimum age for participants is 12 years old

Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a paying adult participant and supervised at all times

8 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

With the Brisbane port closure the cancelled our tour to lone pine.  I purchased the following tour.  It was non refundable but they will let me transfer it up to Jan 28 2024. It was 300 AUD for two people If anyone is interested let me know and make an offer.

The Koala Discovery Tour is the perfect experience for any koala lover. During this 60 minute guided experience, participants will:

Go behind-the-scenes to our leaf sorting area and learn how we cater for our picky eaters

Spend one-on-one time holding one of these incredible animals and capture your special moment with a photo from our professional photographers. You can also take photos on your own device

What’s included

Requirements

*Package price does not include entry to the sanctuary. Entry passes to be booked in addition to tour package.

Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a paying adult participant and supervised at all times

I would suggest you reword your post as it reads that no cruise ships are docking in Brisbane Port which is not correct. It is only Portside where smaller ships used to dock which is not in operation. The new Brisbane Cruise Terminal at Luggage Point is in full operation for all ships which are booked to dock there. 

Edited by possum52

On 10/29/2022 at 2:13 AM, Lonedaddy said:

What’s included

Requirements

$300 for two seems expensive to me to not include entry to the Sanctuary.  

• Like 1