Jump to content

Carnival under 18 curfew


asalligo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Agreed that Carnival now needs to enforce it.  Royal has always had this curfew, and they have enforced it.   Usually just take the kids back to their parents and everybody gets a lecture. Once Carnival starts enforcing it, there will be fewer late night problems with kids running through the hallways and banging on doors (at least after 1 a.m., lol).  

 

Carnival has taken quite a hit on an already low public image.  At least this is a step in the right direction.  Now how about they enforce some rules among the adults?  

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

If there was video, how could it be denied?

They didn't take video of them beating the kid up. Its hard to explain, they were trying to force him to say a certain bad word on camera to try and get him in trouble and he wouldn't do it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

If there was video, how could it be denied?

The video they took wasn't of them beating my friends kid up. They were trying to force him to say racial slurs on video to get him in trouble. He's 11, they were teenagers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/1/2022 at 4:37 PM, rrraydon said:

Call me a prude but that’s late for kids to be out running around!

What happens when parents stay in one cabin and the kids stay in a separate cabin.

Carnival needed to stick to somebody over 21 being in each cabin, rather than just allowing them to switch cabins after boarding.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am a parent so I can say this. Proper actions and discipline are learned behaviors starting at home. I never expected Carnival to babysit our children. I am surprised at the 1:00 AM timeframe? Should have been a bit earlier. 

 

We have to allow kids to be kids but we also have to allow Carnival to run a safe business.   

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry, but I personally think Carnival needs to be stricter about this, 1AM is ridiculous.  Furthermore, if kids are not part of an organized activity, they should not be allowed to run around on board unsupervised if under a certain age - PERIOD! 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/2/2022 at 9:20 AM, mz-s said:

Nobody is going to take these words seriously until people start getting kicked off the ship at the next stop. When you're stuck in Nassau and have to find your own way home because your kids are heathens or you got caught with drugs in your suitcase, word will spread quickly that the wild west is gone.

I reached out to John Heald after our horrible experience on the Magic in July. Just to make him aware about whats going on and he said that they have done this. Not sure i believe him but that was his answer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

I am a parent so I can say this. Proper actions and discipline are learned behaviors starting at home. I never expected Carnival to babysit our children. I am surprised at the 1:00 AM timeframe? Should have been a bit earlier. 

 

We have to allow kids to be kids but we also have to allow Carnival to run a safe business.   

I agree.  Years ago we started to allow our (then) 10 yo son to check himself in/out of the kids club.  We imposed several "checkpoints"/"curfews" thruout the day ( be at the cabin at 11 am to meet for lunch, 5 pm to meet for dinner, 11pm for bed time, etc).  He missed the 11 pm curfew one night-came strolling in about 1130.  Well, he was grounded to the cabin the next day.  We went for breakfast and he stayed in the cabin ( yes we checked thruout the day).  Ordered him room service for lunch.  He had tv and his gameboy.  By dinner, he was more than ready to be "let out of jail".  Funny, he never missed a curfew again.  (BTW, he is now 29 and  West Point grad.  Currently a Captain, company commander and an Apache helicopter pilot)

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, bafinegan said:

I agree.  Years ago we started to allow our (then) 10 yo son to check himself in/out of the kids club.  We imposed several "checkpoints"/"curfews" thruout the day ( be at the cabin at 11 am to meet for lunch, 5 pm to meet for dinner, 11pm for bed time, etc).  He missed the 11 pm curfew one night-came strolling in about 1130.  Well, he was grounded to the cabin the next day.  We went for breakfast and he stayed in the cabin ( yes we checked thruout the day).  Ordered him room service for lunch.  He had tv and his gameboy.  By dinner, he was more than ready to be "let out of jail".  Funny, he never missed a curfew again.  (BTW, he is now 29 and  West Point grad.  Currently a Captain, company commander and an Apache helicopter pilot)

My point exactly and thank you for the communication. We actually issued family walkie talkies when my children were younger. Same rules applied as to what you are mentioning. It's called effective parenting. There is no real written book on parenting but your early learning experiences should be a formal guide to raising our children. We too are extremely proud of our children and the passionate, caring and humble adults they have become.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/2/2022 at 12:05 AM, matymil said:

We had kids spitting on people, damaging Carnival property, bullying other kids, stealing property, one kid went missing for two days in our group, another one got drugged and had to go to the medical center, i even saw a girl throw her lollipop at a security guard. As much as i agree with the curfew that's not going to do much. A group of kids bullied my friends 11 year old (who is also handicapped) by making fun of him, beating him up, videoing him and locking him in a bathroom. When security went to the parents they got the "my kids would never do that" routine. This is learned behavior and is a product of terrible parenting. A 1am curfew is not gonna stop bad parenting

 

A child in your group went missing for two days?   Seems that would be an all hands response.  

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, ldubs said:

 

A child in your group went missing for two days?   Seems that would be an all hands response.  

You would think so. But it seems the kids in their group spent a lot of time away from their parents unsupervised.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, icft said:

You would think so. But it seems the kids in their group spent a lot of time away from their parents unsupervised.

 

IDK, unsupervised and missing for two day are two different things.  It would be good to hear details about this.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, ldubs said:

 

A child in your group went missing for two days?   Seems that would be an all hands response.  

I say "child" but he was 16. And he wasn't missing as much as he was terrorizing the ship. The kids aunt put a post up in our FB group saying how good of a kid he was and she thought he was just staying in friends cabins but now they can't find him etc etc. She immediately got roasted, one person claims he saw the kid steal a blue scooter and ride it all through the casino. She didn't contact security until the 3rd day according to her own account. The post got taken down because she was getting lit up for being a terrible guardian 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, matymil said:

I say "child" but he was 16. And he wasn't missing as much as he was terrorizing the ship. The kids aunt put a post up in our FB group saying how good of a kid he was and she thought he was just staying in friends cabins but now they can't find him etc etc. She immediately got roasted, one person claims he saw the kid steal a blue scooter and ride it all through the casino. She didn't contact security until the 3rd day according to her own account. The post got taken down because she was getting lit up for being a terrible guardian 

 

Oh boy.  Thanks for circling back around.  I hope this youngster gets his act together.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, matymil said:

I say "child" but he was 16. And he wasn't missing as much as he was terrorizing the ship. The kids aunt put a post up in our FB group saying how good of a kid he was and she thought he was just staying in friends cabins but now they can't find him etc etc. She immediately got roasted, one person claims he saw the kid steal a blue scooter and ride it all through the casino. She didn't contact security until the 3rd day according to her own account. The post got taken down because she was getting lit up for being a terrible guardian 

She was a terrible guardian if responsible for a 16 yr old and did not have visual contact with him at least once every 12 hours

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 2wheelin said:

She was a terrible guardian if responsible for a 16 yr old and did not have visual contact with him at least once every 12 hours

I don't care how old,  if I'm paying, I want breakfast and dinner with them  AND to know if they are secure at night ( if under 18 that is😁)

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

She was a terrible guardian if responsible for a 16 yr old and did not have visual contact with him at least once every 12 hours

16... and contact "at least every 12 hrs."  OMG I must just be old school or something, but at 16 that kid would be checking in with me every hour.  I would also want to know where he was and do spot checks on him periodically.  This is the problem today.  People just let kids' run free with no supervision and do what they want.  I am sorry, EVEN the BEST kids can get into mischief if they are left to their own accord.

 

I sailed for years with two young sons, both GOOD kids.  Honor students, and respectful because that is how we raised them.  Even up until 17 and 18 years old, they still were responsible for checking in and letting us know what they were doing and what was going on, on a REGULAR basis all day long!

 

This unsupervised behavior is insane.  What person responsible for a child would go HOURs without knowing where they were or what they were doing?  I guess the same ones that when you told them what they kid did would stand there and stare you in the face and yell at you "NOT my kid"

 

This is exactly why the last ship we were on 4 little brats (ages 12-15 I would guess) were running wild and terrorizing things.  We were at guest services waiting in line and they came running through the lobby wooping it up.  One ran up to the counter and DEMANDED a band aid from the guest service agent who politely asked him to wait his turn (while the other 3 went over and banged on the Service kiosk and slammed their hand against it and kicked it because it wouldn't do what they wanted).  When the guest service agent asked him VERY politely to be respectful and wait his turn this kid had the never to turn around and cuss the guy out and F this and F that, then they all 4 ran off.  

 

IT WAS ALL I COULD DO NOT TO KNOCK THE BRAT ON HIS BACK SIDE!! And bite my tounge!  And you know who is to blame... the parents allowing these kids to run wild.  Also, the reason kids do what they do, when I was growing up ANY adult around would have done just that - and their parents would have thanked you for it!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/4/2022 at 12:34 PM, icft said:

You would think so. But it seems the kids in their group spent a lot of time away from their parents unsupervised.

There were so many unsupervised kids on this cruise out of NYC. I've never seen anything like it in the 12 times I've cruised on Carnival. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • Special Event: Q&A with Laura Hodges Bethge, President Celebrity Cruises
      • Hurricane Zone 2024
      • Cruise Insurance Q&A w/ Steve Dasseos of Tripinsurancestore.com Summer 2024
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Cruise Critic News & Features
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...