Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alli

I didn't hate carnival! Fascination 5/17

Just got off Fascination this morning. We had a great time and came away with new appreciation for Carnival and the ' Fun ship' experience. planning on writing a review just as soon as I get through the laundry.

Looking forward to your review, we are going on the Fascination over Thanksgiving week!

Beth

Carnival - Sensation

4/00

RCCL - Sovereign of the Seas

12/02

RCCL - Majesty of the Sea

11/03

Up and coming Carnival Fasination on 11/22/04

Forget the laundry. It will still be there in a little while. We need a review. HA HA. I cant wait to read it. I am getting so close and cannot hardly wait.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;06;14;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Lido deck here I come!!

Yes, hurry with the review. We are leaving next weekend on the Fascination and would love to hear about your trip!

Karen

Fantasy 3/98

Enchantment of the Seas 6/00

Explorer of the Seas 9/01

Victory 5/02

Imagination 7/02

Paradise 5/03

Fascination 5/28/04

I'm almost done...with the laundry and the review. All of you will have a great time...meanwhile, if you have any questions, fire away. I have copies of the Capers for all the days except Thursday.....most have lost that one in Passages of India last night while I was dancing LOL.

You done yet? Huh? Are ya?, please say you are done!! You done writing your Trip Report? I know you gotta be done with the laundry!! Well, hopefully, it is almost done and very long and wonderful to read!!

Waiting....waiting...tick-tock-tick-tock...

Oh, PLLLLEEEEAAAASSSEEEE!!!

Beth

Carnival - Sensation

4/00

RCCL - Sovereign of the Seas

12/02

RCCL - Majesty of the Sea

11/03

Leaving on the Fascination, come on Thanksgiving!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We will be on that ship the end of June, I would love to see the capers! What did you do in Cozumel, and how would you suggest I divide my time? (we are booked for the dolphin swim with our 3 kids) will we be able to visit PB and mimi golf too?

Thanks alot! Can't wait for your review, is the laundry done yet?!

Our group of 12 is heading out July 19th. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. There aren't usually many mentions about this ship. It sometimes feels like the Fascination is Carnivals "lost ship". Please hurry! Glad you had fun!

I can't wait for the review either. Sailing next month for DH 40th birthday surprise. Hurry, hurry, hurry. icon_biggrin.gif

Ecstasy 6/00

5 year Anniversary

Fantasy 10/01

DM 50th Birthday and

My 31st Birthday

Fascination 6/04

DH 40th Birthday Surprise

Post your review quick please....I really can't wait....I leave tomorrow icon_razz.gif

"Elvira"

Keep on Cruisin'

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;05;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500f Fascination 5/24/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;09;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500f Mariner of the Seas - Royal Hounds 9/19/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;09;17;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500f Caribbean Princess Hounds 3 Cruise 9/17/05

royalsmallwide.gif

hounds3.gif

Well we too took the fascination on may 17 and we got home friday nite. I will say this was the best time we had. my husband and I went as our son and his 2 friends were 18 just graduated. Well I thought that the food was great in all areas to eat, 1 formal nite and we could still eat in the main dining room bread lunch dinner in nice kaki shorts and nice button down shirt, they also had the best crepes and pizza. The shows were great and the games were funny, cozumel was ok some very high places. we loved the keys it was so nice.the trip was just too short. our main dining room waiters were prateep from thailand and Raul from phillipines they were great, not to mention the rooms and the towel animals. the clubs were all great and thelido deck was great also. we are already planning another next year. You will enjoy and have the best time. enjoy and let me know.

hey alli since we were on the same ship at the same time did u happen to catch the show with the men dancing like chippendale it was hilarous especially when the guy with the superman boxers had to say what kind of work he did.

Love4dolfins,

We missed the dancing men!

We did see something a bit strange - twice we saw officers entertaining single female passengers-much to the women's delight. One evening we asked a bartender about it, she nodded toward the couple on the dance floor and stated that next trip it would be a new one! Job benefit I guess.

My husband and I leave on the Fascination 5/28 for our 15 year wedding anniversary celebration. I'm so glad you liked the ship. How was your room? We're in an ocean view on the Empress deck. Done several other cruise lines but never Carnival. How were the pools?

Julie

Lewis Center, OH

Independence (American Hawaii) '87

Seaward (Norweign) '89

Magic (DCL) '00

Monarch of the Seas (RCC) '02

Magic (DCL) '03

Fasination (Carnival) '04

Our room was one deck down from Empress, on the Upper deck ( try and figure that one). We found our outside cabin quite large (even the shower was roomy). Bring a blow dryer ( first ship we've been on that didn't have one in the bathroom.

We preferred the pool located mid-ship, however, this area got very busy when the ship was under way.

For a quiet area you can head to the aft pool. I found this area to be a bit bleak.