• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Concierge Lounge-Who Can Use it?

It is a private lounge on the Enchantment and all Radiance and Voyager class ships.There are snacks/drinks/continental breakfast/menus/games/DVD's and misc other "stuff"...The Concierge books specialty dining...gets ice show tickets and handles other special requests that guests may have

Junior suites do not qualify for concierge lounge access. Only those in full suites or people who are Diamond level (or higher) C&A members, regardless of their accommodations, can gain access.

When the concierge lounges were first introduced, the language in RCI's brochures about suites was ambiguous and so, for a limited amount of time, RCI allowed people in JS to use the lounge. That practice has been discontinued for quite awhile now.

ME! :D

To Kteacher,

No, guests aren't allowed. They must be qualified through either marriage or by C&A cruise credits if not booked in a GS or higher.

I am sorry, but if you are a Diamond level passenger and you are sharing a cabin with someone who is not, I can't imagine they won't allow you to take that person with you to the Concierge Lounge! It's the same with past guest parties - you are allowed to take a date!

I asked about this aboard the Mariner last year, as my sister in law who is also a Diamond level passenger, was sharing her room with her mom (who was not). Sorry, but the Concierge Lounge attendant said is was okay to bring her to the lounge. She also attended the past guest party with my sister in law.

Although I would agree that it would be inappropriate to invite extended family members and friends, it's totally appropriate to extend the invitation to a significant person traveling with you. If you are worried, I would recommend you introduce the person to the Concierge Lounge attendant and let them know the person is with you!

I am sorry, but if you are a Diamond level passenger and you are sharing a cabin with someone who is not, I can't imagine they won't allow you to take that person with you to the Concierge Lounge! It's the same with past guest parties - you are allowed to take a date!

I asked about this aboard the Mariner last year, as my sister in law who is also a Diamond level passenger, was sharing her room with her mom (who was not). Sorry, but the Concierge Lounge attendant said is was okay to bring her to the lounge. She also attended the past guest party with my sister in law.

Although I would agree that it would be inappropriate to invite extended family members and friends, it's totally appropriate to extend the invitation to a significant person traveling with you. If you are worried, I would recommend you introduce the person to the Concierge Lounge attendant and let them know the person is with you!

Well then, I'll stand corrected, but I was going by what I was told on the Navigator just this past fall. Of course you can ask and of course I think everything depends on who is in the Lounge. It's like anything else with RCI, it depends who is answering the question. However, I really never heard you could bring a date to the lounge. You learn something everyday.

Thanks for the replies. It's not a huge deal if we can't use the lounge, but as this is not only her first cruise, but her first time traveling any where, I wanted to show her as much of the ship as possible. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask the concierge staff after we board.

myangel,

Use of the computers to connect to the Internet is charged at the same rate in the Concierge lounge as it would be if you used the connection anywhere on the ship. I know, as I used it, being a Diamond member, on the Serenade cruise in October. The Serenade Concierge lounge only had two computers for use, however it was so much quieter using it in the lounge than outside as there was no people traffic passing by.

Just off Navigator with use of Concierge lounge. Couple of things.......

1) I did not even see computers in the lounge. I didn't specifically look for them, but it was a pretty small room.

2) We had 7 people on our lounge, but technically only 2 that qualified for the lounge. One night, we took one of our guests, with absolutely no questions asked. I think you could take guests in - assuming not too many - without question.

3) The lounge was never totally crowded and as I mentioned, it was pretty small.

4) The use of the lounge was very nice. On most cruises, it is just hubby and myself. We would normally have really taken advantage of all of it's features. They got us our Ice Show tickets, which was a nice convenience, but honestly, they aren't hard to get. Other than that, it was a pleasant atmosphere to have a drink (free) pre-dinner and some h'orderves (sp).

5) When we went we saw the same people each time. These same people seem to have known the conciege from previous cruises, so I assume, they are "conciege groupies".

We only went in the evenings - and as stated, did not take full advantage of it's benefits, but I must say, I was a nice "perk".

I went into the Lounge on the first day of my cruise with my friend's key (i wasn't allowed), and the concierge left a huge pile of keys in there.

Took a key, and got in for the rest of the cruise. Put it back in the pile after the cruise.

I kept my Concierge Lounge card from my last cruise. Has anyone tried using their card from an old cruise on a new one? I wouldn't think it would work but you never know. Could make for nice collection for friends and family although the Concierge Lounge attendant would usually ask who I was and verify my eligibility at least once during a cruise.

is soda available 24 hours in the lounge?

The Concierge Lounge is not open 24 hours - only for a few hours in the morning and in the evening. There were a few cans of soda in there for mixed drinks, but no fountain.

In the few Concierge Lounges I have visited while on a cruise, I have found that it got fairly busy between 7:30-8:00pm. We would usually stop by before 6pm and it was never busy. It was a great place to have a drink and play a round of cards before dinner.

I too never noticed any computers. We always make a point of introducing ourselves to the person in charge who would check us off some list. I always ask for a key card (to get into the lounge) for myself, as they only provided us with one card at check-in. And taking in my mother-in-law (who shared a room with my husband's sister - also a Diamond member) was never an issue. My sister-in-law asked, but the person in charge of the lounge aboard the Mariner wasn't keeping track of who was going and coming.

Suffice it to say, I wouldn't take a large group in with you, but a guest or two is probably not a big deal. As we tend to cruise in the off season, I have never seen the huge crowds some speak of.

Correction: The Concierge Lounge is always "open" to anyone who has the key card. Things are only SERVED in there during certain hours: Continental breakfast in the morning, hors d'oeuvres and drinks, including sodas, in the evening before dinner. Some lounges have computer terminals, some do not.

Correction: The Concierge Lounge is always "open" to anyone who has the key card. Things are only SERVED in there during certain hours: Continental breakfast in the morning, hors d'oeuvres and drinks, including sodas, in the evening before dinner. Some lounges have computer terminals, some do not.

Thanks for the clarification - I have not visited a Concierge Lounge since 2004, therefore, things have probably changed since then. And I'm pretty sure, what's available and what's not is specific to the ship.

On our last visit, hours of operation were posted on paperwork we received with our key card - I never tried to enter the Concierge Lounge outside of those hours.

There was a self serve espresso machine and a continental breakfast display. Because we happened to have our stateroom on the same floor, it was very convenient. But one major drawback was the rule that you weren't allowed to take anything out of the lounge. Most people did anyway, though you had to work at not being seen, as the hostess would say something if she saw you! We didn't take anything out with us in the evenings, but I so very much wanted to take back my capuccino to my room (only a few steps away), but was told an emphatic "no".

The hostess was very nice, so it was kind of hard to argue with her about this; she was just doing her job. We got ice show tickets from her, something I recommend you do as well. After seeing the long line and near riot break out (people saving places), I was very happy we didn't have to wait in the line.

Finally, if you utilize the services of the host or hostess, it's customary to leave a nominal tip (we gave ours $20). Ours aboard the Mariner was awesome - got us drinks, gave us great advice about the ports of call and made reservations for us at Chops - last minute reservations. All in all, a very nice perk.

We were just on an eleven nighter on the Brilliance and the concierge had paper cups available for anyone who wanted to carry coffee or capuccino out of the lounge. Think the man concern is alcohol, soft drinks and the glassware.

The sodas and canned beer are kept in a refrigerator in the back counter. They remove a padlock from the door when the lounge is "open" and you just help yourself.

Hypo

Archived