CPAP Machines in cabins

baypeople

8 hours ago, baypeople said:

Is there a place on board Celebrity ships to get distilled water for CPAP machines (for sleep apnea)?

You can fill out the online Special Needs form, call Special Needs using the # posted on the Celebrity website or call Captain's Club to request distilled water for your cabin. They will also provide an extension cord if you need it. If these aren't in your room when you arrive ask your cabin attendant and they'll be sure to have these in your cabin when they do turn down service. The water is free of charge. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Even if you have not filled out the special needs form... the cabin steward can get distilled water for you. On our last cruise the steward even taped down an extension cord to help us avoid tripping in the middle of the night. If yours doesn't do that.. ask him/her to... it helps.

• Like 1

I've traveled many times with a CPAP and I have had no problems getting distilled water or an extension cord.  I fill out the special needs form and it usually is waiting in the cabin for me.  The one time it wasn't,  I made a comment to the cabin steward and it was taken care of immediately. 

• Like 1

This threaded prompted me to email special_needs@celebrity.com. I emailed yesterday with my confirmation number to ask for an extension cord for my cpap and got a response within 24 hours stating that this, plus distilled water would be placed in my cabin at check in. I wrote back to thank them and let them know I didn’t need the water, just the cord. Easy peasy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just for reference… Currently this is my 3rd cruise with a cpap machine and before all 3 cruises I’ve emails & gotten a quick response saying it would be in the cabin on arrival. However, this is the third time that nothing has shown up… not a problem as a quick message to the cabin attendant or guest relations and it took mins to sort out. 

I’m not complaining I just wanted to say don’t worry if it’s not there as it’s easy to sort out onboard 👍🏼😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/15/2022 at 1:29 PM, baypeople said:

Is there a place on board Celebrity ships to get distilled water for CPAP machines (for sleep apnea)?

Send an email to

special_needs@rccl.com  (yes, rccl,com....you can send to celebrity.com but your email just gets forwarded to RCCL.)

Request distilled water and an extension cord for your cabin. In the email include your booking number, cabin number, date of sailing, your names, etc. I've done that and our last 10 cruises or so and it's always been approved and answered within a couple of weeks.

BTW, most cruise lines will provide those items, although you may be charged for the water. I think either Princess or Carnival charged a pittance for the distilled water. Only once did the ship not have an extension cord; we always bring a "simple" extension cord just in case.

Doug

• Thanks 1

We both have CPAP machines. Requested distilled water and extension cord through two shoreside concierge operators. Neither got the message through to the ship’s team. Our stateroom attendant brought a gallon of distilled to the cabin within an hour or two. The extension cord he brought had a European plug at both ends. I was happy I brought our own extension cord for the U.S. plugs on the two machines. There was only one U.S. plug on one side of king bed in Royal Suite on Beyond. But my cord worked very well. In fact, any U.S. multi-plug adapter would have worked because the ResMed power cord was plenty long to stretch across to the second nightstand. Just had to run it between the mattress and the headboard.  

10 minutes ago, SailingHigher said:

We both have CPAP machines. Requested distilled water and extension cord through two shoreside concierge operators. Neither got the message through to the ship’s team. Our stateroom attendant brought a gallon of distilled to the cabin within an hour or two. The extension cord he brought had a European plug at both ends. I was happy I brought our own extension cord for the U.S. plugs on the two machines. There was only one U.S. plug on one side of king bed in Royal Suite on Beyond. But my cord worked very well. In fact, any U.S. multi-plug adapter would have worked because the ResMed power cord was plenty long to stretch across to the second nightstand. Just had to run it between the mattress and the headboard.  

As said send the email to special_needs@rccl.com

Have done this a dozen times.  You can also call Celebrity.   The concierge reps want to help but they need to go through about 5 steps to do what you can do with one email.

One can also make the request when you make your booking if made directly with Celebrity 

• Like 1

I had verified with shoreside concierge twice but not in our room when we arrived. Talked to our room attendant when we got into our room. He immediately brought water and cord. There was not a standard outlet by the bed only a European. He then brought us and installed an adapter and made sure it worked. Absolute great service.

• Like 1