Live-NCL Breakaway 10/30-11/06/2022-New England/Canada-Club Balcony Suite

graphicguy

Looks like everyone who put in their bids for an upgrade is getting what they want! I tried to mock book a club balcony suite and they keep showing up as sold out after I click. I hope everyone enjoys their cruise - sorry I couldn't make it. The lack of vacation days is really killing me! 

image.thumb.png.b8454e7720831f4016315f8c27b8b714.png

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I better be able to find my Bills game onboard Sunday night!

22 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing that game, too.

Before the season, looking at the schedule, I certainly would have circled this game as one to watch.  But with the way each of those teams is playing, I suspect the game will be a yawn.  Unless Rodgers has a meltdown which I can't help but think is coming...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Travel Queen 1 said:

I just booked it! My first solo cruise! Is there anything I need to know beforehand? Thanks 😊 

Lots of solos on this cruise.  There's no formal "Meet and Greet" this cruise.  But, I usually go to sailaway at Syd Norman's outdoor bar area.  My name is "Dan".  Grey haired fellow, probably wearing a "hoodie".  If I can help, be happy to.

Have sailed solo several time.  Nothing really jumps out about sailing solo vs with a Spouse or SO.

If you have something specific you would like to ask, fire away!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is the third email I received to view the safety video.  I think they want me to see it...a lot!!!!!

Norwegian Cruise Line

Oct 28, 2022

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

We are delighted you will join us onboard Norwegian Breakaway very soon.

As we return to sail, we are doing everything we can to make your experience truly spectacular. To that end, we are requiring all guests to re-watch the pre-boarding safety video, which you first viewed during online check-in, before you set sail. This will ensure a smooth embarkation process at the pier. The video can be found here.

We appreciate your cooperation and we look forward to welcoming you aboard!

Katty Byrd,

Senior Vice President, Guest Services

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

This is the third email I received to view the safety video.  I think they want me to see it...a lot!!!!!

Norwegian Cruise Line

Oct 28, 2022

As we return to sail, we are doing everything we can to make your experience truly spectacular. To that end, we are requiring all guests to re-watch the pre-boarding safety video, which you first viewed during online check-in, before you set sail. This will ensure a smooth embarkation process at the pier. The video can be found here.

Katty Byrd,

The more I watch, the safer I feel.

There have been more than 280k views, a third of them attributed to me.

• Haha 10

5 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Norwegian Cruise Line

Oct 28, 2022

Katty Byrd,

Ha! And be ready for it to auto-play the extended version the first time you turn your stateroom tv on! If you’re lucky like me, expect it to error and keep trying to play several times. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Lots of solos on this cruise.  There's no formal "Meet and Greet" this cruise.  But, I usually go to sailaway at Syd Norman's outdoor bar area.  My name is "Dan".  Grey haired fellow, probably wearing a "hoodie".  If I can help, be happy to.

Have sailed solo several time.  Nothing really jumps out about sailing solo vs with a Spouse or SO.

If you have something specific you would like to ask, fire away!

I’m a fat lil old lady with some grey hair but my hair color may change by Sunday or Monday. Depends on my mood. 

I am so busy getting things done before leaving that I don’t even know what specifically to ask. I’m sure I will have lots of questions while on board. I will take you up on your offer for information then!

One question I do have is, what is the earliest we can board? I’m an early bird and want to beat the rush.

Thanks 😊 

• Like 2

Hmmmmmm……just got this….

This email is to confirm that we have received your offer(s) to be upgraded on your upcoming cruise. While your offer has not been selected yet, you may still be selected for an upgrade by our onboard team.

Upgrades may be awarded at any time up until 0 hours prior to the sailing departure. Should your offer be selected for an onboard upgrade, your credit card will be automatically charged, and your stateroom will be reassigned. Please check your email up to 0 hours prior to the sailing departure to see if we were able to upgrade you.

If you no longer wish to be considered for an onboard upgrade, you may cancel your offer(s) through the link provided below up until 5 hoursprior to the sailing departure, provided that your Offer has not already been accepted by Norwegian Cruise Line, and provided that your credit card has not been charged.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Travel Queen 1 said:

I’m a fat lil old lady with some grey hair but my hair color may change by Sunday or Monday. Depends on my mood. 

I am so busy getting things done before leaving that I don’t even know what specifically to ask. I’m sure I will have lots of questions while on board. I will take you up on your offer for information then!

One question I do have is, what is the earliest we can board? I’m an early bird and want to beat the rush.

Thanks 😊 

Generally speaking, 10:30 a.m. is about the earliest you can board.  However, boarding goes by who needs to board because of disabilities, Haven guests, Latitude status and then general boarding!

I’d say boarding takes between 10:30-3:00.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Travel Queen 1 said:

Thanks 😊 

For my Prima cruise on 10/10, I was on the pier security line at 9:30AM and was having lunch on board at noon.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Travel Queen 1 said:

Thanks 😊 

Omg. Just from reading 2 of your posts, when I become a solo cruiser, I want to do it with you! I am a fat old (66?) lady too!

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Hmmmmmm……just got this….

This email is to confirm that we have received your offer(s) to be upgraded on your upcoming cruise. While your offer has not been selected yet, you may still be selected for an upgrade by our onboard team.

Upgrades may be awarded at any time up until 0 hours prior to the sailing departure. Should your offer be selected for an onboard upgrade, your credit card will be automatically charged, and your stateroom will be reassigned. Please check your email up to 0 hours prior to the sailing departure to see if we were able to upgrade you.

If you no longer wish to be considered for an onboard upgrade, you may cancel your offer(s) through the link provided below up until 5 hoursprior to the sailing departure, provided that your Offer has not already been accepted by Norwegian Cruise Line, and provided that your credit card has not been charged.

Seems strange that we haven't seen anything from NCL about our bid, we believe that the Haven has been sold out for weeks and normally get our dear John email about 1 week out. At least they responded back to you.

Jim 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Hmmmmmm……just got this….

Wait! Did you change your mind about upgrading?!?  Did you decide to go Haven or something else?

4 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Hmmmmmm……just got this….

Very nice! I love upgrades! I would appreciate it if you would teach me how to get one too!

My mother and I especially loved it when a hotel would upgrade us to a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite for free! We didn’t want to leave those rooms!

My mother refused to go on a cruise. So, since my father died, I have only been on an Alaska cruise. Which was my 50th state for my 50th birthday 🥳 

I currently have several upcoming cruises booked and may book another one next month. So learning how to get an upgrade could be very useful!.

Thanks for mentioning it!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wink87 said:

Omg. Just from reading 2 of your posts, when I become a solo cruiser, I want to do it with you! I am a fat old (66?) lady too!

3 hours ago, Wink87 said:

Hahaha 🤣 GREAT! I’m always looking for new travel buddies! We need to talk on this cruise! I will be the one zipping around on a scooter! I don’t want my walking limitations holding me back from anything on this cruise! I need to have some fun!!! And relax! A LOT!

If I ditch the scooter, on Halloween, I will be the pumpkin 🎃 head! Hahaha 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

For my Prima cruise on 10/10, I was on the pier security line at 9:30AM and was having lunch on board at noon.

A friend was just on the Prima too! I wanted to go but had too much to do. That looks like a beautiful ship! Hopefully 🙏 I will someday be on it!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Generally speaking, 10:30 a.m. is about the earliest you can board.  However, boarding goes by who needs to board because of disabilities, Haven guests, Latitude status and then general boarding!

I’d say boarding takes between 10:30-3:00.

I have a car picking me up at 9:00am and it should be about a 50 minute drive. I’m limited with my walking/standing, so I try to avoid lines when possible.

I just want to get on the ship, turn off my phone and be forced to RELAX!!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, smillerholmes said:

Wait! Did you change your mind about upgrading?!?  Did you decide to go Haven or something else?

I had put in a bid for an upgrade…..as low as I could bid.  Haven’t even thought about it until I got this email since it looked like the Haven had sold out a while ago.

Maybe a form letter.  But, I will check with Customer Service when I board.  Maybe “no shows”…maybe upgrades going from one Haven Suite to another..  Maybe someone became ill and couldn’t go.  They may think I’m charming.

Who knows?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Travel Queen 1 said:

I have a car picking me up at 9:00am and it should be about a 50 minute drive. I’m limited with my walking/standing, so I try to avoid lines when possible.

I just want to get on the ship, turn off my phone and be forced to RELAX!!!

I totally get that.  I am taking the Super Shuttle which is picking me up at 9:30.  Be at the terminal by 10:30. Hope the mad rush to board is over, and my group is called to board exactly when I arrive.

2 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I totally get that.  I am taking the Super Shuttle which is picking me up at 9:30.  Be at the terminal by 10:30. Hope the mad rush to board is over, and my group is called to board exactly when I arrive.

I hope I don’t get caught up in the “mad rush”!