Change in Greece Testing Rules?

ROXIETHEHORSE

Did I miss a change in the Covid testing rules for Greece? I believe previously the Princess website indicated if your cruise was going to be visiting Greece, you needed a negative test to board the ship.

I was just reviewing the Covid info on the Princess website. The only thing listed for Greece now is if your cruise is departing from Greece you need a negative test. Nothing about visiting Greece or getting off the ship in Greece.

Am I reading this correctly?

Edited by ROXIETHEHORSE
Spelling

1 minute ago, ROXIETHEHORSE said:

Dis I miss a change in the Covid testing rules for Greece? I believe previously the Princess website indicated if your cruise was going to be visiting Greece, you needed a negative test to board the ship.

I was just reviewing the Covid info on the Princess website. The only thing listed for Greece now is if your cruise is departing from Greece you need a negative test. Nothing about visiting Greece or getting off the ship in Greece.

Following……

5 minutes ago, ROXIETHEHORSE said:

Did I miss a change in the Covid testing rules for Greece? I believe previously the Princess website indicated if your cruise was going to be visiting Greece, you needed a negative test to board the ship.

Yes, the website is now updated.

Discussion on the Covid Thread:

• Like 1

The "Arriving and Visiting" wording have been removed from the web site, it is now only voyages departing from Greece that require testing. 

🙂 

Voyages Departing from Greece

Updated: September 19, 2022

Vaccination Status

Definition by Country's Health Authority

Pre-Travel Test Type &
When to Take Test Before Boarding

Fully Vaccinated
18 and above

At least 14 days past completion of a primary vaccine series and no more than 270 days (9 months) from the date of disembarkation since receiving the last dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. A booster dose is required for guests 18 and older if the last COVID-19 vaccine dose in series is older than 9 months (270 days) from the date of disembarkation.

Antigen within 2 days
OR
PCR within 3 days

Fully Vaccinated
5 to 17

Received primary series of COVID-19 vaccines with final dose at least 14 days before embarkation.

Antigen within 2 days
OR
PCR within 3 days

Not Fully Vaccinated*

Either not up to date or has not received a complete COVID-19 vaccine series. Please contact us to request a vaccination exemption to be presented upon embarkation.

Antigen within 2 days
OR
PCR within 3 days

Antigen within 2 days
OR
PCR within 3 days

*Kids 4 years of age and under are welcome to cruise and have no vaccination or test requirements. Minimum age to sail is 6 months or 12 months based on cruise itinerary, review Passage Contract for details.

Testing is required for all voyages departing from Athens, Greece. Tests must be conducted in-person by medical personnel and guests will need a physical letter with the negative results. Test results proctored by video are not accepted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

The "Arriving and Visiting" wording have been removed from the web site, it is now only voyages departing from Greece that require testing. 

Am I the only one who finds this odd?

Why in blazes would Greece or any country for that matter care what one's health status is when leaving their country?? Entering the country? Sure. A real and valid concern. But leaving? 

Why???

• Like 2

Well, apparently even this has now changed. 

Just this minute I received the following email from Princess:

Important update regarding your Booking #XXXXXX

Dear BG, our valued guest,

We're looking forward to welcoming you for your upcoming Princess Cruises vacation and wanted to provide an important update.

We continue to refine our guidelines for these voyages and wanted to advise of the latest guidelines for your voyages.

Just to recap, here are the required guidelines for your upcoming voyage: 

• Since your voyage visits Greece, guests 5 years and above must be fully vaccinated and up to date, which means you are at least 14 days past completion of a primary vaccine series and no more than 270 days (9 months) from the date of disembarkation since receiving the last dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. A booster dose is required for guests 18 and older if the last COVID-19 vaccine dose in series is older than 9 months (270 days) from the date of disembarkation.
  • Please remember to upload your proof of vaccination into our MedallionClass® app while getting OceanReady®.
  • Fully vaccinated guests are not required to test. 
  • Guests 5 years of age and over not fully vaccinated must contact us to request a vaccination exception to be presented upon embarkation and are required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test (Self-administered Antigen OR Medically assisted Antigen or PCR) taken within 3 days prior to boarding. 

Additional information on our onboard guidelines can be found at our CruiseHealth site.

You will be receiving additional information on your voyage as the sail date approaches. Of course, should you have any questions or require additional information, please contact us.

We realize vacations are precious and our shipboard team is ready to help you create a lifetime of memories with your friends, families and loved ones. 

We can’t wait to welcome you on board!

Edited by Bgwest

3 hours ago, Bgwest said:

We're looking forward to welcoming you for your upcoming Princess Cruises vacation and wanted to provide an important update.

We continue to refine our guidelines for these voyages and wanted to advise of the latest guidelines for your voyages.

• Since your voyage visits Greece, guests 5 years and above must be fully vaccinated and up to date, which means you are at least 14 days past completion of a primary vaccine series and no more than 270 days (9 months) from the date of disembarkation since receiving the last dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. A booster dose is required for guests 18 and older if the last COVID-19 vaccine dose in series is older than 9 months (270 days) from the date of disembarkation.
  • Please remember to upload your proof of vaccination into our MedallionClass® app while getting OceanReady®.
  • Guests 5 years of age and over not fully vaccinated must contact us to request a vaccination exception to be presented upon embarkation and are required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test (Self-administered Antigen OR Medically assisted Antigen or PCR) taken within 3 days prior to boarding. 

Additional information on our onboard guidelines can be found at our CruiseHealth site.

You will be receiving additional information on your voyage as the sail date approaches. Of course, should you have any questions or require additional information, please contact us.

We realize vacations are precious and our shipboard team is ready to help you create a lifetime of memories with your friends, families and loved ones. 

Which sailing are you on.  Our sailing visits Greece but we got a totally different email

2 hours ago, Denmal said:

Which sailing are you on.  Our sailing visits Greece but we got a totally different email

I apologize. I thought that information was in my post but I must have been overly eager with my editing. 

This is for the 11.14.22 sailing (28 days) with embarkation at Civitavecchia. 

Voyage # 2221A

8 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Am I the only one who finds this odd?

Why in blazes would Greece or any country for that matter care what one's health status is when leaving their country?? Entering the country? Sure. A real and valid concern. But leaving? 

Why???

Canada also requires a test for guests boarding in Canada.  Canada has once again back in it's #1 spot for onerous requirements.

Also, the guest has to enter their country in order to board the ship.  Who knows how some governments decide what they want?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bgwest said:

2 hours ago, Bgwest said:

I apologize. I thought that information was in my post but I must have been overly eager with my editing. 

This is for the 11.14.22 sailing (28 days) with embarkation at Civitavecchia. 

Voyage # 2221A

The Princess pre-cruise emails have been notoriously wrong in many cases due to sending out boilerplate text.  It does appear in your case that they made up a newly worded email that aligns with the website revision.  You have Greece port stops, so no testing required with the PCL corrected Greece section.

• Like 1