Sky broken down

Hi Kerri,

no, they didn't mention what the problem is. I feel so bad for those of us that are on her right now

Trevor

Only problem is it could get worse because I don't think P&O will spend anymore on maintenance than they have to now that she's been sold, just got to hope all will be ok until May when she goes to the new owners.:confused:

From the Brisbane "Courier Mail"

"A crew member on the vessel cited "A small mechanical failure" for problems with the rear anchor."

Doesn't sound too major, then again if some paint peeled from the side of this ship the Courier Mail would be slamming it as "Jinxed". They have a history of bagging the "Pacific Sky" and now it seems the "Pacific Star" as well after a recent negative review of that ship.

They have a history of bagging the "Pacific Sky" and now it seems the "Pacific Star" as well after a recent negative review of that ship.

We noticed over the weekend that there was a suprising lack of P&O advertising in The Courier Mail - only 1 ad for the Saturday to Saturday cruising on Pacific Star out of Brisbane. Nothing else. Normally the weekend papers are full of advertising - for P&O's South Pacific cruises, but also round the world and Princess cruises as well.

Hay lias, if they don't want it now we may get it back.:D :D :D

Now there's a thought rockie!

Then again, as it ages further, we may have to permanently dock it somewhere and use it as a hotel as they do with the Queen Mary in California!

Maybe an island somewhere in the ditch between Oz and NZ :rolleyes:

Just phoned P&O and their recorded message tells of a "Starboard Propulsion problem with further repairs being done at KL when it arrives later this afternoon. All other cruises from the 11/3 are expected to be running on schedule"

So Ans, and everyone else cruising on the 11/3, fingers crossed, legs crossed and anything else you can think of crossed, lets hope that everything is running smoothly once it is fixed.

Kerri

Or a Mystery cruise. You have no idea where you are going or if you are going to make it. As long as you have fun.

I always believe that with the age of the ships we get here, all P&O Australia run cruises are Mystery Cruises :eek:

Just phoned P&O and their recorded message tells of a "Starboard Propulsion problem with further repairs being done at KL when it arrives later this afternoon. All other cruises from the 11/3 are expected to be running on schedule"

So Ans, and everyone else cruising on the 11/3, fingers crossed, legs crossed and anything else you can think of crossed, lets hope that everything is running smoothly once it is fixed.

Kerri

Thanks for calling P&O Kerri and passing on the message. The thought struck me that it is better to be on board a ship than a plane when mechanical problems strike :eek: . Hopefully they are right and that once fixed, the rest of this cruise will be most enjoyable for all on board. The $100 will certainly buy a few cocktails to cheer them up!

Ans

Just seen on ABC news in Perth. When the ship broke down 90 km out of Singapore, the Malaysian authorities, worried about pirates, took security measures to guard the ship. Apparently the ship was stuck there for 33 hours, without water in the pools and spa. Lots of unhappy passengers. At least now they can go ashore in Kuala Lumpur. I wonder if Sky will make it to Phuket? :(

Lets hope they can get it fixed. Last time I was booked to go on the SKY they cancelled just as we were about to drive to the airport. I'm looking forward to the Asian cruise in April!!!! The last for the Sky!! I'm trying not to get too excited after the disappointment of the last cruise!:confused:

Archived