Loreto port visit New Year's Eve

iamaqt2

Our port stop at Loreto is on New Year's Eve.  I don't want to pre-book excursions for this stop as I'd much rather play a tender stop by ear.  

Because of the holiday will many of the shops and restaurants be closed?  And will there be tour operators willing/available to take us to Coronado Island for a few hours?

Thanks for any insight you can offer. 

I don't have any idea what will be open, so I am of no help.  I just want to let you know that no tour is really needed for a first visit to Loreto.  You can do it yourself.

My last trip to Loreto, we hired a cab to take us to observe a visit to a hospital by President Obrador.  Lots of security there, and some protestors.  After, we went back to the tourist pedestrian only area and the beach.  It was only the trip to the presidential visit that we needed a ride for.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, iamaqt2 said:

Our port stop at Loreto is on New Year's Eve.  I don't want to pre-book excursions for this stop as I'd much rather play a tender stop by ear.  

Because of the holiday will many of the shops and restaurants be closed?  And will there be tour operators willing/available to take us to Coronado Island for a few hours?

Thanks for any insight you can offer. 

I'm with you on this sailing and am interested to read what others have to say. While I've cruised the MR itinerary a dozen times, I've never been to Loreto and am excited to visit!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, seagunthera said:

I'm with you on this sailing and am interested to read what others have to say. While I've cruised the MR itinerary a dozen times, I've never been to Loreto and am excited to visit!

Hi seagunthera, happy to join you aboard. I've cruised the MR as well a few times.  This port is small and seems very walkable.  I didn't see a need to book an excursion here. But I'm hoping that things are open with the holiday. 

• Like 1

I think NYE is going to be mostly open: at least here in the States, it's New Year's Day that is the holiday. We are in Cabo on NYE and I am not worried.

(Also it is not a religious holiday!)

We are in LaPaz on January 1, and I have booked a ship's tour...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...