The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday November 23rd, 2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  We just docked slightly late in Castries, St. Lucia so our stay today has been extended an hour until 4 pm.  All aboard 3:30 pm.  We will go ashore and do something getting some fresh air I hope at the same time.  Not sure of the weather here today but we can always take an umbrella along.  It's probably about 80F outside but my weather app says a shower possibly at 9 am, then wind the remainder of the day with a high of 83.

No word yet on mask directives.  We are still wearing them until the announcement. 

Kotor is a wonderful port of call and we had it recently on May 17, 2022.  Here is a link to Rich's post that day in order to retrieve photos.

Kotor is another wonderful walled city that everyone should have a chance to see.  We first went there in August, 2017 on the Westerdam.  The second time was on the Pacific Princess in late November, 2018 so quite a difference in weather.  It was rainy and cool that time.  The third time was in June 2019 on a segment of our 50th anniversary Family Cruise.  The family hadn't joined us yet but we can't just go to Europe for a week or 10 days!  We had to add on to it.  The weather was pretty that time, too.

We got the coveted docking spot right across from the old City walls on Aug. 2017 on the Westerdam.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL4owiQKruubn4B276p1F5A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503945326

You can see the old City of Kotor across from the ship in this shot, along with the activity going on below us.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK2h_nls22g9ud3a8rs5BoW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503945348

We got off and headed over to an entrance to the city.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKIjqsLN8Z0TTjgtcwWA-AC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503945424

The first thing we ran into was this "couple" in front of a cute souvenir shop.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKD57jEqe1iSZFiDre4lKcK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503945435

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIPGhh35oGGkQXwywrDN616?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503945435

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLOm4F3e_B2SS4gDVgTjvbs?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503945448

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK_jBXv8fwq4r_l1gEW4JBo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503945449

Kotor's Old Town is full of centuries old palaces.  This one is Bizanti Palace00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKubrAjoxPaliAJxgEJp212?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503945471

This one is Beskuca Palace00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLbCEfvEZED11QJ30E4slV1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503945485

This one is Buca Palace00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKKINlF8tZem0ctsHxfSpVn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503945501

And this one is Pima Palace00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLCz25hatgf89tID2OSntuq?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503945500

Here you see St. Tryphon Cathedral00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKHvWCJcUh2dxmO5w2Dx2xL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503945517

There are many narrow winding paths to follow here.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI7OwWOJVijz5Ya7_5pYUD2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503945549

The town is full of cats.  In the past I've posted photos of the stairs with about 7 cats lounging on them.  Here they are, photo taken in Nov. 2018.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL8Gk90FjhLBwzNVg4RyOK2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546389887

And here is the Cats of Kotor shop with a cat you have to step over to gain entrance.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIv7KQUNYgMIkBQFEeZOg-G?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546389847

Looking upward on the hillside over the city, there is a path you can pay admission to take and see everything from way up there.  We didn't go up there, but our tablemates did, and they sent me a photo taken from way up high.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK-6o3Bw3qQpk4I2lkEeARd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503945583

Here's their photo.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLNAJE1buYC01QDj7Py4J_2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1620055746

For those afraid of heights, I apologize!!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKr76daFnl1yS4yHleupyqZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503945702

St. Lucas, Serbian Orthodox church00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKco7oJCP933tJ3xgEQ0naO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503945710

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKVI5e1jjxvBB_psEsQa0dR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503945749

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK0uOfeW4kqfPuIPRY_94wj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503945775

Lots of stonework in this town00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIDIPw4u29J8HPrN2xHh-cP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503945751

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL3bG-6d8fSrfWcgsdFrsKs?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503945766

I could go on all day00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK-xpNOdUxrPgbBvMFGA-fY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503945838

Leaving Old Town we saw the dancers had arrived to entertain the crowds00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJQiS8-yPwBh1CayByRh6Kz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503945849

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL3swyzLEQIv-KdKmi3wjUf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503945879

A little church on the walk up the mountain.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL4ZN2r8F1TPdRc3iG25CdI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503945897

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI3UPYV3G4tR_GVyqjPExm-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503945981

The sailaway is just as pretty as the town, so don't miss it!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJfgzEZI0VaOWQoKLDhnu1s?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503945992

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI6NidVRMSnjXKO62UHm_ch?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503946016

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKCfVUoVyutOVrJV8GOc5oS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503946058

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIPF19sVyc-Qhnl10LM2xZv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1562705211

If you haven't made it to Kotor yet, I hope it happens in the future.  I could visit here every cruise and not tire of it.

Superb photos Sandi.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear you are both positive for Covid @seagarsmoker.  Did you pick up the virus at home or on a cruise?  It's too bad you have both been feeling so unwell, but we're glad to see you back here on the Daily.  Hope you are fully recovered very soon.

Meanwhile, after half the ship trooped off to go on tours we heard a very brief announcement by an unknown person that masks are no longer required but recommended.  I hope the word gets spread to those off the ship when they arrive back on board.😷  We will leave the ship a little later for a nice walk around Castries.  Hopefully it will be sunnier then.  We're having a crew drill at the moment which sounds pretty dramatic.  It was a helicopter evacuation, now they say the helicopter has crashed, fire aft and man overboard starboard side.  Holy Cow!!  At least they are getting some good training in today. 😲

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We were back in Kotor on August 8, and this time we were anchored a pretty good ways out of town.  The ship used local tenders for the passengers, and ship tenders for the crew who were leaving and boarding that day.

This picture was taken from the tender.

DSC07455.thumb.JPG.dc140674076f1a1cb97b8a4a9512d6b9.JPG

A family home

DSC07463.thumb.JPG.94d344f2b90fd5d29aeb2905dc5f8f40.JPG

IIRC, these "clothes: were advertising a shop down a side street.

DSC07467.thumb.JPG.847f3661b1a74709e0846fdd420084d7.JPG

We enjoyed a the free concert

DSC07470.thumb.JPG.4f78074d56906e718d5da357483df642.JPG

Walking around the wall at the back of the town, we came across an archeological site.  It was behind a fence but I managed to get a few pictures.

DSC07484.thumb.JPG.3b8239d5e3d3ab7aa3c1e61e0cb8fb82.JPG

DSC07485.thumb.JPG.684bd1982db24d216c7e052cc0e0b372.JPG

DSC07486.thumb.JPG.f2b9ee306dbc5baf225dc7cae9a7bf19.JPG

I'll leave you with this picture.

DSC07492.thumb.JPG.5e5d5e3c7de4be919d868bda6c53e2a6.JPG

Lenda

Fantastic collection of photos Lenda.

Graham.

• Like 10

Good morning Dailyites.  Happy Thanksgiving eve. 

Not a bad weather morning. Already 52. I ran out to feed the birds and there must have been a dozen dove perching in the trees.

Yesterday we had fun pedicures and then out to lunch. We got back in time to go to a friend's happy hour and stayed til after 7. Today I just have an oil change appt and make pies for tomorrow. We've been invited to our neighbors. There will be 8 for dinner, then a few games. And a few drinks. 

My favorite cranberry recipe is a Cosmopolitan...

Our pub here has a digital juke box. When I was growing up my mom had a restaurant (remember the cafes attached to gas stations?) My mom always said well behaved teens were welcome. Some of them would sweep up, do dishes or other chores, and my mom would make them a burger, fries and pop.

If you only had one coin, what song would you play?

image.png.bbf69a95fcc73cca25b277a9d09c333c.png

Happy to hear @kazu is going to get her frozen luggage tonight. Prayers lifted for all needing healing.  Wishing ya'll a blessed day.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the hump day (And Thanksgiving Eve) report, Rich.  I like Cranberries, prefer brewed coffee to Espresso, and haven't seen a jukebox in years.  I like the Einstein quote but have never been to Montenegro.  I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Classic Caesar Salad, Chef Rudi's Caribbean Jerk Chicken Breast, and Strawberry Pavlova, my likely choices on MS Eurodam November 13 if I had not been in Canaletto that night.  Few if any food photos for a while as I have not been on a BHB while taking food photos from late November to late December.

Today’s care list:

Virginia Walmart victims
Sharon recovering from bronchitis
Kazu severe foot injury
Ottahand7 Brother in rehab with poor prognosis
Terri’s next door neighbor Joanne with stroke and complications
Jazzyv digestive issues
Those afecteed by Java earthquake
Cruisin Terri continuing autoimmune flareup
From the rotation:
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Marshhawk’s friend Jesse with throat cancer and poor attitude
Luvteaching DH recovering from fall and facing dimentia
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Kazu’s luggage finally in town
Aliaschief in California
StlouisCruisers meeting Summer Slope in person
5days for SusiekIslandGirl (Island Princess 11/28 to 12/12)
3 days for Ichiban Nekko and Himself (Nieuw Statendam 11/26 to 12/3)
3 days for Jazzyv (Apex 11/26 to 12/3)
GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam  to 11/26), Cruise Suzy, Lazey1, and HAL Lover (Rotterdam  to 11/30),  StLouisCruiser  and Summer Slope (Volendam  to 12/17) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  Damcruiser (Nieuw Statendam  to 1/14/23), and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/1223) at sea

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy.

I hope you got my reply to your question on Monday.

Graham.

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, seagarsmoker said:

Thanks for the Daily Report.  

Sorry I have been absent, however Suzi and I tested positive for covid. We are both feeling pretty bad, but hopefully the meds will start helping soon. We wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving.  

I'm sorry to hear that.

I hope you both start feeling a lot better soon.

Graham.

• Like 9

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich! Roy, welcome home & thank you for taking care of our lists. 

@bennybear Brenda, praying that all goes smoothly, but so thankful they caught it early!❤️

A gloomy day here. The gang arrived safely, and did not hit any problems on I-4 or I-95!🥳  They are heading to the Space Center for the day. I could not join them, because I could not get a place for Bindi at this late date. I will do a class at the gym and some prep for tomorrow. After last night’s mushroom Swiss burger and sweet potato fries, I need to be very active today. 😎

I am just sitting down to my first cup of coffee!

E686D48F-0D62-4AC8-B863-86608BCC126B.jpeg.0f9f67662db0aba7a5873543f9a7924b.jpeg

Prayers to all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Miraval Côtes de Provence Rosé

All vintages of this rosé share the same very good - excellent ratings, and reasonable price. I found a decent number of online distributors with prices ranging between $17 - $25.

Winemaker Notes 

The dry and mild winter led to an early budding of the vines, followed by a wet and cold spring with two episodes of frost, causing some slight damage to the young shoots and a rather long re-growth of the vegetation. Flowering then went perfectly well and the hot and dry summer made it possible to preserve the perfect sanitary condition of the vines, while regular tillage kept the vineyard cool. The harvest time thus arrived serenely, in superb conditions. It should be noted that these were rather early this year, starting on September 9, and took place over a fairly short period of 10 days, the maturity of the grapes being uniform across all plots. Harvesting very early in the morning was favored in order to limit the oxidation of the juices and to preserve all their freshness and purity. In the cellar, the very high quality of the grapes harvested made it possible to carry out vinifications with very little intervention, with very low doses of SO2; the alcoholic fermentations were frank and clear. The wines promise to be magnificent, very pure and straightforward, with good acidity, great minerality, tension and delicious aromatic notes of citrus.

Issued from the Chateau's best parcels (Muriers, Longue, Romarin), as well as from a selection of vineyards close to the village of Correns, just north of Brignoles in the heart of Provence.

TERROIR

Clay & Limestone vineyard, partially in terraces located at an average of 350 meters. Cool climate for the area with big temperature swings between night and day.

AGEING

The grapes are harvested exclusively in the morning and sorted twice.
Destemming.
Pressurage direct for Cinsault, Grenache and Rolle. The Syrah is vinifies partially using the "saignee" method. 
Vinified in temperature-controlled stainless steel vats (95%) and in barrels (5%) with batonnage.

TASTING NOTES

Elegant pale-pink colour, evoking a rose petal. On the nose, Miraval Rosé shows all its elegance: beautifully fresh, it exudes aromas of fresh fruit, currants and fresh rose with a zest of lemon. The refinement continues in the mouth with a beautiful liveliness and gourmet notes that subtly balance the mineral and saline notes. An irresistible wine that ends with a long finish with lemony notes.

GRAPES

Cinsault Grenache Rolle Syrah

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

Happy Wednesday Dailyites!  So many beautiful pictures you all have posted today!  Thank you!

Several things going on today, lights flickering in the house.  Seems it happens when the new (3 year old) heater turns on, if there is another major appliance (like the washing machine, the dryer, the oven, on at the same time.  This is not good, wiring is 59 years old.  When I started dating DH his roommate was an electrician, however he passed away about 10 years ago, so we need to find someone.  I think it might have something to do with all the vines that have attached to the lines from the street.  DH thinks its a faulty fuse box.  I would hate to have a spark somewhere in the house that burns the house down.

Last night we had an emergency Zoom meeting for the Houston campaign.  We were told that if we did not start our ask at 1000 dollars we would be let go.  Turns out that I was not the only one that wasn't doing this, but my calls were monitored yesterday.  And after the meeting I sat at my computer cursing my bosses.  I am not good at asking for money.  The bosses keep telling me that people in Houston have money.  I must not be calling the right people.  Any way after my brief temper tantrum, I started signing back in, and my phone rang. It was the BIG boss, so I could not ignore the call.  She wanted to tell me that I had the best rapport with our patrons than anyone else, and she really didn't want to let me go, but I had to figure out how to get that big ask.  She told me how to go from being their best friend to a serious fund raiser.  But there was something else that was bothering me, and I feel like a child again, and dont know who to tell in management what my biggest fear was. Not rejection, heck, in this job I am used to rejection, it was the news that they were bringing in another boss to assist with this campaign.  A boss that I asked to be let go from in April because I absolutely hate her micro managing, and her ability to belittle employees.  A woman who shows up as a manager for the zoom meetings, and dresses to appear like Lady Godiva (naked).  So I can wait to get fired, or I can ask to be moved to the Lincoln Center only, if she is not going to be part of that campaign, or I can do what she tells me and pray that I get moved to Hollywood Bowl in January, and be done with this.

Sorry about the rant, but if anyone has any ideas on how to ask for 1000 bucks right off the bat, I would love to know.  After that phone call, I called out for the rest of the day. Walked the neighbors dog.

Puppy's mom is a single woman, who has two sisters who live somewhere in town, but she never sees them, so I invited her for Thanksgiving dinner.  What was I thinking?  I now not only have to cook, but clean!  ARghhhhh!

My dad used to fix mashed butternut squash (being a pure Yankee, everything we ate was boiled or broiled) I am not fixing butternut squash (I do love it though)  I am doing a chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes and corn pudding souffle.  Green peas, gravy, pumpkin pie ( I love you Marie Callandar) and chocolate tiger cake.  And cranberry sauce.

@bennybearI am sorry to read yesterday about the biopsy results, hope that the "exorcism" of them goes well.

@seagarsmoker I hope that you both are feeling better soon.

@ger_77I'm glad you are home.  When you tell us what you are having each night at dinner, just makes me feel like I'm home.il_1140xN.2758600214_8pji.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, seagarsmoker said:

Thanks for the Daily Report.  

Sorry I have been absent, however Suzi and I tested positive for covid. We are both feeling pretty bad, but hopefully the meds will start helping soon. We wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving.  

I'm sorry you both have covid and are feeling bad.  I hope the med will help and your are both feeling better very soon.

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I'll put some cranberries in a salad today, will pass on the espresso, and love going into places that still have a jukebox in the corner.  We need both clever and wise people.

A busy day ahead - DS called last night to say they would be coming for an overnight visit this weekend.  They found a new vehicle that will tow the trailer a friend gave them, so will be bringing the boys for a quick stay while they do the paperwork.  They'll leave Calgary after work on Friday night, drive the 6+ hours, go to the dealership on Saturday and head home on Sunday so they can be back at work on Monday.  We'll have beds ready for them when they arrive, and enjoy as many kisses, hugs and giggles as we can until they have to leave on Sunday.  They don't have any close friends or relatives in Calgary that they can leave the boys with for 2 days, so they'll pack them up in the car in their jammies and make the trip.  Ah, youth!

@kazuI'm glad to hear your luggage is finally within striking distance of your house; I can't imagine they'd be delivering it at that time, though!  BTW, great memes today!

You can tell it's Thanksgiving with all the squash recipes happening lately!  Unfortunately, it's not something either of us grew up with, so it's not a favourite, so will be taking a pass on it.  DH has asked for Salisbury steak, so I've got the ground beef thawing and we'll be enjoying it with mashed potatoes and coleslaw at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for those who are hurting, cheers to all who have celebrations going on.  Stay safe, be well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Gerry, wishing your DS and family safe travels this weekend.  Enjoy being with the grandkids.

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning to all

It is a cloudy day here on Hilton Head.

I received a good report from the Mayo Clinic so all is well.  The best part was that I was able to move up my appointment and we were back home by the time of my original appointment.

I don’t know in the end if that was good or bad. 

We ended up helping pack up various closets in the house. That really tired me out after driving three hours.

Then we packed some more yesterday.

Today we are not driving anywhere.  We are staying put.  Have other work to do here.

Thank you to Rich for the Daily and Fleet Report.  

Interesting collection of days.  Like cranberries and espresso and was a jukebox fan back in the day.

I’ll take a pass on the meal and libations.

Like the quote.

I have been to Kotor twice.  i will see if I can find some photos.

Thank you Roy, for the lists.

You can take Joanne off the cares list.  She is home and recovering.  I am not sure of her overall status.  I was only able to speak very quickly with the aide.

I have increased the prednisone dosage and it has helped with the flare up.  Hopefully I can reduce the dosage next week.

Jim and I plan to go to a restaurant for Thanksgiving.  We do not have any family.  If I were home, I would have cooked a dinner but it is difficult in a rental with less than optimal cookware and utensils.

I hope everyone who is celebrating Thanksgiving has a wonderful day no matter how and with whom you celebrate.  We all have something to be grateful for.

Stay safe and God Bless,

Terri

Terri, I'm glad you got a good report at your doctor's visit.  I hope the increased prednisone helps and you can begin to decrease the dosage.  Enjoy your day staying put, and thanks for the update about Joanne. 

48 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

We return to our family’s home today. This has been a wonderful and beautiful side trip. Yesterday, we visited Hearst Castle. What a beautiful setting, architectural wonder and collection of art and decorated for the holidays.  We had a late lunch which  was enough we all waived dinner watched another sunset and everyone retired to bed early.

May all celebrating Thanksgiving have a wonderful and safe holiday.

image.thumb.jpeg.aef466106af6d4c20d4f12f7b015e5ab.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0fa704379fc8085399df1329fcd65c50.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.10af2c43ce7135aadc8090f5e17c4619.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ff1b187e96c3716646e995506942c62e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.195a1a9287a743456e9b01318d38f450.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b01115c95369ab5525ffe34113f69664.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.cdd8a00352c8af9ad71965b213e8998a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ff620d911557420c0a9bff96f25f91dc.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.57fa03f5d55b45e7e524799a6cd0cc64.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9976244b0c66f5ff2f6d4ee5cfe07abf.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f0224956325c246561f23582c52902ba.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.38b73481032b3720eb4225df1aff7a8f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6185200af90a24aaf0267f5a91d7fd77.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d86cea0a4509f0052e3dab6de954a5d6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2666e8df63cf46b642a227a4fea6e221.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.64ff618c41d8240e05902e84b781b0f0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c435cff400f6cc19af4367ce3863ad10.jpeg

Bruce, safe travels back to the family's home today.  Thank you for the pictures from Hearst Castle.  In all our travels around the country, I still have not been there.

43 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Fantastic collection of photos Lenda.

Graham.

Thank you, Graham.

43 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sorry to hear you are both positive for Covid @seagarsmoker.  Did you pick up the virus at home or on a cruise?  It's too bad you have both been feeling so unwell, but we're glad to see you back here on the Daily.  Hope you are fully recovered very soon.

Meanwhile, after half the ship trooped off to go on tours we heard a very brief announcement by an unknown person that masks are no longer required but recommended.  I hope the word gets spread to those off the ship when they arrive back on board.😷  We will leave the ship a little later for a nice walk around Castries.  Hopefully it will be sunnier then.  We're having a crew drill at the moment which sounds pretty dramatic.  It was a helicopter evacuation, now they say the helicopter has crashed, fire aft and man overboard starboard side.  Holy Cow!!  At least they are getting some good training in today. 😲

Sandi, HAL does crew drills every week to keep the crew sharp, but I don't remember being on a BHB when they did a helicopter evac drill.

13 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich! Roy, welcome home & thank you for taking care of our lists. 

@bennybear Brenda, praying that all goes smoothly, but so thankful they caught it early!❤️

A gloomy day here. The gang arrived safely, and did not hit any problems on I-4 or I-95!🥳  They are heading to the Space Center for the day. I could not join them, because I could not get a place for Bindi at this late date. I will do a class at the gym and some prep for tomorrow. After last night’s mushroom Swiss burger and sweet potato fries, I need to be very active today. 😎

I am just sitting down to my first cup of coffee!

E686D48F-0D62-4AC8-B863-86608BCC126B.jpeg.0f9f67662db0aba7a5873543f9a7924b.jpeg

Prayers to all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Miraval Côtes de Provence Rosé

All vintages of this rosé share the same very good - excellent ratings, and reasonable price. I found a decent number of online distributors with prices ranging between $17 - $25.

Winemaker Notes 

The dry and mild winter led to an early budding of the vines, followed by a wet and cold spring with two episodes of frost, causing some slight damage to the young shoots and a rather long re-growth of the vegetation. Flowering then went perfectly well and the hot and dry summer made it possible to preserve the perfect sanitary condition of the vines, while regular tillage kept the vineyard cool. The harvest time thus arrived serenely, in superb conditions. It should be noted that these were rather early this year, starting on September 9, and took place over a fairly short period of 10 days, the maturity of the grapes being uniform across all plots. Harvesting very early in the morning was favored in order to limit the oxidation of the juices and to preserve all their freshness and purity. In the cellar, the very high quality of the grapes harvested made it possible to carry out vinifications with very little intervention, with very low doses of SO2; the alcoholic fermentations were frank and clear. The wines promise to be magnificent, very pure and straightforward, with good acidity, great minerality, tension and delicious aromatic notes of citrus.

Issued from the Chateau's best parcels (Muriers, Longue, Romarin), as well as from a selection of vineyards close to the village of Correns, just north of Brignoles in the heart of Provence.

TERROIR

Clay & Limestone vineyard, partially in terraces located at an average of 350 meters. Cool climate for the area with big temperature swings between night and day.

AGEING

The grapes are harvested exclusively in the morning and sorted twice.
Destemming.
Pressurage direct for Cinsault, Grenache and Rolle. The Syrah is vinifies partially using the "saignee" method. 
Vinified in temperature-controlled stainless steel vats (95%) and in barrels (5%) with batonnage.

TASTING NOTES

Elegant pale-pink colour, evoking a rose petal. On the nose, Miraval Rosé shows all its elegance: beautifully fresh, it exudes aromas of fresh fruit, currants and fresh rose with a zest of lemon. The refinement continues in the mouth with a beautiful liveliness and gourmet notes that subtly balance the mineral and saline notes. An irresistible wine that ends with a long finish with lemony notes.

GRAPES

Cinsault Grenache Rolle Syrah

Ann, I'm glad your family arrived safely and without any traffic problems.  Enjoy the visit.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 6

Good morning all. A question for this great group to help with our trip planning. Not a cruise but we hope to take a guided bus tour of England, Scotland, wales and Ireland in early to mid June. My question is it better to fly into Gatwick or Heathrow. Will be flying from Toronto most likely and dh and I will fly on the Frankfurt after. Both start and end of trip have at least one night in London and the end might have a couple more as I want to get to Stonehenge and currently none of the tours we are considering include it. Thanks for any tips.

currently it is all soccer all the time. Germany is playin Japan and later today Canada plays Belgium. 

get well wishes for those that are ill, will celebrate later with those celebrating 

• Like 20

Thanks for the fleet update and general info.

I really don’t understand the Albert Einstein quote. I do understand E=mc square since I took advance course in atom mashing at my local trade school; or maybe it was mashing potato’s.

Also pie are not square, pie are round, cornbread are square 😀

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

2 minutes ago, superoma said:

Good morning all. A question for this great group to help with our trip planning. Not a cruise but we hope to take a guided bus tour of England, Scotland, wales and Ireland in early to mid June. My question is it better to fly into Gatwick or Heathrow. Will be flying from Toronto most likely and dh and I will fly on the Frankfurt after. Both start and end of trip have at least one night in London and the end might have a couple more as I want to get to Stonehenge and currently none of the tours we are considering include it. Thanks for any tips.

currently it is all soccer all the time. Germany is playin Japan and later today Canada plays Belgium. 

get well wishes for those that are ill, will celebrate later with those celebrating 

Personally Heathrow as there is more to do in the departure lounges.

The London underground trains link with most Heathrow terminals to Central London.

• Like 9

In Castries, St. Lucia today.  Just going to walk around.  Thank you @kazufor your kind words yesterday.

Half Half Punch Cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Pinnacle® Original Vodka
2 parts Lemonade
2 parts Iced Tea
Splash of DeKuyper® Peachtree® Schnapps
Lemon Wedge garnish

Instructions
Combine ingredients in a punch bowl or pitcher and serve over ice.

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 9.31.35 AM.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 8

@Seasick Sailor  One coin?  One song....in the 60's it was MacArthur Park.  In the 70's it was American Pie.  Juke boxes still exist at Waffle house.  I go in with a bunch of bucks, load the machine up with "oldies" and Motown  which keeps the "chef" happy,   And I always play Traci Chapman's You have a fast car.

Good question.

• Like 20

13 hours ago, bennybear said:

@kazu@MISTER 67and @JazzyVThanks for the good wishes,  it has been replaced for now, but have to get a new one soon.  I told him I need a few more decades out of the new one, lol!  

Yesterday wasn’t my day,  was called back on two skin biopsies and both need to be reexcised as they were cancerous.  

But in the scheme of things,  not so bad and we will be dog sitting for a few days, should be interesting! Lol!  

Brenda, I'm glad they caught the cancerous spots early and hope the procedure goes well.

5 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Happy Wednesday Dailyites!  So many beautiful pictures you all have posted today!  Thank you!

Several things going on today, lights flickering in the house.  Seems it happens when the new (3 year old) heater turns on, if there is another major appliance (like the washing machine, the dryer, the oven, on at the same time.  This is not good, wiring is 59 years old.  When I started dating DH his roommate was an electrician, however he passed away about 10 years ago, so we need to find someone.  I think it might have something to do with all the vines that have attached to the lines from the street.  DH thinks its a faulty fuse box.  I would hate to have a spark somewhere in the house that burns the house down.

Last night we had an emergency Zoom meeting for the Houston campaign.  We were told that if we did not start our ask at 1000 dollars we would be let go.  Turns out that I was not the only one that wasn't doing this, but my calls were monitored yesterday.  And after the meeting I sat at my computer cursing my bosses.  I am not good at asking for money.  The bosses keep telling me that people in Houston have money.  I must not be calling the right people.  Any way after my brief temper tantrum, I started signing back in, and my phone rang. It was the BIG boss, so I could not ignore the call.  She wanted to tell me that I had the best rapport with our patrons than anyone else, and she really didn't want to let me go, but I had to figure out how to get that big ask.  She told me how to go from being their best friend to a serious fund raiser.  But there was something else that was bothering me, and I feel like a child again, and dont know who to tell in management what my biggest fear was. Not rejection, heck, in this job I am used to rejection, it was the news that they were bringing in another boss to assist with this campaign.  A boss that I asked to be let go from in April because I absolutely hate her micro managing, and her ability to belittle employees.  A woman who shows up as a manager for the zoom meetings, and dresses to appear like Lady Godiva (naked).  So I can wait to get fired, or I can ask to be moved to the Lincoln Center only, if she is not going to be part of that campaign, or I can do what she tells me and pray that I get moved to Hollywood Bowl in January, and be done with this.

Sorry about the rant, but if anyone has any ideas on how to ask for 1000 bucks right off the bat, I would love to know.  After that phone call, I called out for the rest of the day. Walked the neighbors dog.

Puppy's mom is a single woman, who has two sisters who live somewhere in town, but she never sees them, so I invited her for Thanksgiving dinner.  What was I thinking?  I now not only have to cook, but clean!  ARghhhhh!

My dad used to fix mashed butternut squash (being a pure Yankee, everything we ate was boiled or broiled) I am not fixing butternut squash (I do love it though)  I am doing a chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes and corn pudding souffle.  Green peas, gravy, pumpkin pie ( I love you Marie Callandar) and chocolate tiger cake.  And cranberry sauce.

@bennybearI am sorry to read yesterday about the biopsy results, hope that the "exorcism" of them goes well.

@seagarsmoker I hope that you both are feeling better soon.

@ger_77I'm glad you are home.  When you tell us what you are having each night at dinner, just makes me feel like I'm home.il_1140xN.2758600214_8pji.jpg

Annie, I hope you can figure out a way to work with the new boss.  I wish I could help with the $1000 question, but I'm also not good at asking for money.  BTW, there are a lot of rich people in Houston, but there are also a lot of people who don't have a spare $1000.

5 minutes ago, superoma said:

We have flown into and out of both London airports.  We stayed near Heathrow for six nights and found those hotels be be quite a bit cheaper than London hotels.  There is a free shuttle that runs between the terminals at Heathrow and the hotels within a certain area.  We took it to Terminal 1 and caught the Underground into London from there.  At that time, after 9:30 am the fare was half price.  We also rented a car at the hotel and it was an easy drive to Stonehenge.  I hope this helps your a little bit.

Lenda

• Like 20

Good morning!   @seagarsmokerI hope you and your DW feel better soon!  Lenda and Sandi thank you for the beautiful photos of Kotor.  It looks like a wonderful place to visit.   Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports!   I will have my cranberries tomorrow.   I like cappucino rather than espresso.  All my cooking planned for yesterday went out the window when DF wanted to go the local casino and then to dinner at a tavern in a nearby town.  They have a juke box in there, the new DVD style ones.   Excellent fried chicken dinner.  It was nice not to cook but I am so far behind I cannot go visit DB today.   

Thank you for the celebrations and care reports @rafinmd.   Thankfully my brother's prognosis is getting better.  He is still in danger of being sent to a nursing home if he doesn't do his PT but his energy level is much improved.    I think he will be on the IV antibiotic for a long time for his bone infection.  He had OT and PT yesterday after I left.   Prayers for all on our care list and for the people in Ukraine.  Prayers for all involved in the mass shootings in Chesapeake, VA and Colorado Springs.   Sadly we live in a time where there is too much hate! 

@grapau27thanks for sharing your fabulous food porn!   @kazuGlad that your luggage is getting closer! 

Back to making rolls and apple pie, then some serious house cleaning.  Just John and my older sister for our Thanksgiving.   Have a great day! Nancy 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Annie, I hope you can figure out a way to work with the new boss.  I wish I could help with the $1000 question, but I'm also not good at asking for money.  BTW, there are a lot of rich people in Houston, but there are also a lot of people who don't have a spare $1000.

I read that and it is my thoughts exactly.   Especially this time of year when travel and food costs are higher than usual.   @marshhawkI hope that this works out for you.  That is an unreasonable demand.  Nancy 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Hear Ye , Hear Ye ……

Tomorrow, Thursday 24 November in the Year of the Lord 2022 ,

In Victoria , British Columbia , Canada 

Ann and Patrick , our very good friends will be celebrating 

Their 60th Wedding Anniversary  ! 

Go and spread the word ………

All Hail the King !

Oyez, oyez, oyez !

See you on the next Holland America cruise  

Antonius F

• Like 20
  • Thanks 9

Good morning all. Thanks to those who contribute to make this such a special place. Happy Holiday to all. Holidays can be hard for solos and seniors. Please remember to call or check on someone who will be so thankful that someone remembered. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Ann and Pat @Vict0riann we wish you a wonderful day tomorrow with these wonderful  words from "Hallmark "  I could not say it any better ......

"On your Diamond Anniversary, we send you all out love on this very special day,
Sixty years of giving happiness, love and loyalty to each other must not go unmarked.
We wish you many more years of love and good health together "

Martha and Tony , sailingdutchy 
il_1140xN.3954671626_9bd1.thumb.jpeg.7e7e878f6d83ba8258690f227bb98840.jpeg

Edited by sailingdutchy
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Good sunny morning. Thanks for all the birthday wishes yesterday. It means so much. Went out for dinner and then dessert at home. I also received a singing telegram from one of the church members. She has been doing this for several years as a way of giving back❤️

Dinner tomorrow is a complete meal from a local farm market. Just reheat and enjoy. Pick up this afternoon.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.❤️🙏

• Like 19

Good morning all,

Wishing all safe travels and a Happy Thanksgiving.

We’re staying home and I’m cooking for DH and DD. Got a fresh turkey that hadn’t been brined nor soaked in other solutions and the guy in the meat department splotcocked (sp?) it for me. It’s going on the Big Green Egg tomorrow early. Thanks for the reminder about cranberry- I forgot to add it to the menu.

@kazu Hope your luggage arrives well before midnight. If they were to have put a sticker on it for each stop, maybe it would look like this?

F973682E-6877-4E0D-A71C-6C166BF33274.thumb.jpeg.70bdcc3085e10c5b426825a0daead61e.jpeg

Happy anniversary and congratulations to Anne and Pat. @Vict0riann

@marshhawk Sorry that is happening- Sounds like management is really not in touch with reality. Your situation brings back memories of my last job assignment ( Covid case management and contact investigation) when they implemented Salesforce software and our focus went from nursing to feeding the big data machine with political demographic data collection ( and not giving a hoot about the individual and helping them.)

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Sorry about the rant, but if anyone has any ideas on how to ask for 1000 bucks right off the bat, I would love to know.  

Would honesty work, or would it get you in trouble?

"I have an unreasonable boss who thinks everyone in Houston has extra money to throw away. She insists that we start out asking for $1,000.  Do you have $1,000 available today, or am I underestimating your wealth? Can you commit to the $1,000 level right now?"

Then move on to the conversation that seems to be working. Allow your good rapport to shine through all of the BS.

• Like 16
  • Haha 10