Good Food Options

LetsMakeWaves55

Hi All!

Myself and my husband are sailing with a small group of friends and are flying in 2 days early. We're staying at the Aloft San Juan, any good places to eat around there? We land around 6pm on a Friday night. Also any other food recommendations for Saturday would be great too, doesn't have to be close to our hotel. 

Thanks so much!

11 hours ago, LetsMakeWaves55 said:

Hi All!

Myself and my husband are sailing with a small group of friends and are flying in 2 days early. We're staying at the Aloft San Juan, any good places to eat around there? We land around 6pm on a Friday night. Also any other food recommendations for Saturday would be great too, doesn't have to be close to our hotel. 

Thanks so much!

Marmalade for dinner, take the wine pairing menu and book early as popular with locals, holiday makers and cruisers.

Pre-dinner cocktails at the Mezzanine. Happy hour (hours) from 4pm onwards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Agree with Marmalade, but the Aloft is out by the airport.   I suggest either La Pradera  Miramar Taller de Tapas- Paseo Caribe.   Both just a short distance away. 

To clarify, Aloft is by the Isla Grande airport ( and Pan Am cruise pier).

• 3 weeks later...

Panadería España   

This place is awesome, we loved it. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. We ate there for lunch and the sandwiches (Cubano, pernil and forgot the other), all were delicious. We also had pastries, but no coffee, probably missed out on that. We noticed this place while driving, they were busy any time of the day, so we tried it.  

22 hours ago, gobama#1 said:

Panadería España   

This place is awesome, we loved it. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. We ate there for lunch and the sandwiches (Cubano, pernil and forgot the other), all were delicious. We also had pastries, but no coffee, probably missed out on that. We noticed this place while driving, they were busy any time of the day, so we tried it.  

That the one along Isla Verde?  Kinda going in the opposite direction of the OP's hotel but easy to get to via a rental car or taxi.