Norwegian Cruise Line

hawkesbaynz

NCL are now offering 10% discount to US military/retired which is great news. Apparently need to verify details via ID Me. There has been a thread on the NCL Board.

https://www.ncl.com/uk/en/newsroom/norwegian-cruise-line-launches-new-military-appreciation-program-in-advance-of-us-veterans-day

However they are yet to offer discount to British Military, and no doubt other NATO countries. That I am aware. I have raised this with the Defense Discount Service which I use to gain 10% with Celebrity. Am keen to try NCL and the 10% will help. 

Anyone know any different?

I've been accepted as US military veteran, and I've heard they will be accepting Canadian and British veterans, as well, but I've not seen any details on the program.  If I find anything, I'll be sure to yell out to my fellow veterans.

• 2 months later...
On 1/7/2023 at 1:21 AM, Nilbog said:

I've been accepted as US military veteran, and I've heard they will be accepting Canadian and British veterans, as well, but I've not seen any details on the program.  If I find anything, I'll be sure to yell out to my fellow veterans.

My husband was stationed at Mayport Naval Station back in '83.  We lived on Mayport Road.

• 3 months later...
On 1/7/2023 at 1:21 AM, Nilbog said:

Just booked an NCL cruise, as pf right now, they are not offering the military discount to Canadians.

• 6 months later...

I have sailed on Norwegian 3 times at the discount rate (US Military) it is a nice perk.  I have not heard about the discount for other countries.  Needless to say - Taxes and Port fees are not discounted 😞

• 1 month later...

I've sailed once on Norwegian at the discount rate -- owing to the low cost of the cruise itself (7 night Seward AK - Vancouver BC), it wasn't substantial, but was enough to pay for a couple of drinks aboard (I declined the beverage part of the Free at Sea).  I will say that I was impressed by the degree of detail they put into recognizing their military passengers.  Other discounts, a patch, a challenge coin, extensive welcome packet, a reception).  I was happy with my pre-cruise and my cruise experience.

• Like 1