Art and/or craft classes

Jammy Bun

Although I didn’t go myself, the daily programme during the Christmas cruise on Discovery asked those interested to book in person during the half hour before each class. There seem to have been two classes for both watercolours and crafts on sea days (morning and afternoon ) but I think you could only go to one of each every day. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tiggis said:

Although I didn’t go myself, the daily programme during the Christmas cruise on Discovery asked those interested to book in person during the half hour before each class. There seem to have been two classes for both watercolours and crafts on sea days (morning and afternoon ) but I think you could only go to one of each every day. 

They were repeated in the afternoon 

• 2 months later...

I can now answer my own question.  On our February cruise there were mediocre ‘art’ classes (popular, but very basic and a not very knowledgable ‘tutor’).  The craft classes were similarly uninspiring.  My OH called them my occupational therapy classes.  
To take part, you just had to turn up half an hour before the session, at which point they took your name and cabin number and dished out any materials required.  I didn’t bring home anything that I’d made, a first for me, as I’ve usually been pleased with art done on cruises (led by professional tutors like Peter Woolley and Easa Ali, among others).  But I was given a box of art materials which I’ll pass on to someone in my craft group at home, so it wasn’t ALL bad.

I’ve just checked Peter Woolley’s blog and see that he is on the list as an occasional Saga tutor, so if you’re lucky enough to be booked on with him, definitely take advantage of his skills!  We won’t be travelling with Saga again, so I’ll miss out on that.

http://www.peterwoolley.co.uk/blog/ 

Edited by Jammy Bun

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, NorbertsNiece said:

I had the most amazing craft classes on SoA. Loved every minute, notwithstanding spearing my finger with a felting needle 🤦‍♀️. Wonderful hosts.

I will be debating whether I want to be spending time in a room working on and learning a craft which will take me away from the ocean. What a dilemma to have!

• Like 2