Conquest Review from Feb. 26-March 5 cruise

We were on the same cruise and just a few observations.

I thought Deja was soo-so, but we did enjoy the singer that sang soul and the carnival band is the best of any cruise yet. The last two nights they played big-band music in the main theater in the evening that was poorly attended, but outstanding.

There are two soft-serve ice cream machines, side-by-side. Take a look, because one is ice-cream and one is frozen yogurt (both good).

The upstairs fish place is good and serves different items each day. We loved the cook to order bullibaise (sp?). Make sure you order the warm bitter chocolate cake in the dining room. YUM.

We went to the first production show and while the dancers worked hard they don't wear much and a few needed bigger costumes. I am open-minded, but if I had young children I wouldn't bring them as there is a selection about the "red light" aspect of Paris where men dress in women's clothing and make-up and the dancing is very suggestive ( a good time for a potty break if you do bring young kids).

Sitting by the pool listening to the steel-drum duo is awesome. Grab some food and sit in a blue rocker and people watch and relax. We are not big sun worshipers as we live in the Phoenix area, but in the afternoon it was great to sit either out in the sun or in the shade and enjoy the comings and goings.

We had our flight cancelled and arrived at the port at 2:50. We didn't get onboard until after 4:00, hoping the lifeboat drill was over, but darn we still attended.

They replaced the carpet in the halls of the Riveria deck also during the week.

Being on deck 2, outside, we had a hard time getting back to our rooms during port mornings as that is where the tenders are. We got stopped over and over by CCL employees and had to explain we were not cutting the line, just going to our room.

We found the couch and headboard quite grimy and asked for a sheet to place on the couch.

Other than tendering issues we thought the crew very friendly.

The aft pool is listed at an adult pool, but we actually saw more kids in it than adults. More than once we counted 22 kids and 0 adults in one of the main pool spas, finally security got them all out because they were splashing the band. The best kid free spa is in the front of the ship, in the main spa area. It doesn't cost anything to go, it is small, but it is warm and wonderful. They have towels in the locker room, so don't bring one and take advantage of the showers there. They are big and have rainhead fixtures.

Have a great cruise!

Woodz, Thanx for all the info. My Dh and I are on the Conquest for April 16th (First timers). I am trying to get all the info I can. I hate going into a new situation and being lost.

What excursions did you go on, if any? How were they?

We had already been to these islands so we opted to take a Shuttle to Dr.'s Cave Beach in Montego Bay (just take the one to Margaritaville and walk a little further), it costs $5.00 a person for the private beach, but it is worth it.

We took a shuttle to 7 mile beach in GC because we had already done the stingray's. If this is your 1st time to GC the snorkeling, stingray city tour is wonderful. We did it through a private company last time we were there and saved a bunch. Look at the "Ports of Call" link for info.

Cozumel is still really torn up so we just went into town and looked around for a while then back on the ship. Last time we went our relatives did the swim with the dolfins and loved it.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the review~~ leaving in 18 days on the Conquest! One question, how/where was the muster drill? No one ever talks about them in their reviews!?!

Thanks~

Allison

I couldn't help posting a comment here --- I can't imagine any first time cruisers who do not have a picture in their photo albums of their group at muster drill in those lovely orange life vests. I have to admit, we have more than one. We were on the Conquest in 2004 and it was wonderful, except we didn't book our room far enough back from the pool/lido eating area. too much noise too early in the morning from chairs being pushed around, etc. we should have been a few cabins aft.

:D

• 1 year later...

Archived