Sagrada Familia tour time question

claireruth

Hello!  We will be in Barcelona from 9a to 6p on our cruise stop.  I figured we'd start our day at Sagrada Familia as it's the top thing we all want to do there.  On their website the first tour available is 9:45...is that doable if we get off the ship at 9 and take a taxi there?  The next after that is 10:30.  Also, does anyone know approximately what taxi fare would be for that?  Would we be better off taking the metro?  TIA!

I would take a taxi directly from the ship.  You would want to take a taxi or the port bus to a Metro station anyway.  It's not a short walk from the ship.  You would be able to be there for the 9:45 tour if you truly can get off the ship at 9am.  But, I would pick the 10:30 tour just in case of delays such as lines for the taxis or bus.  You can always walk all around the outside of the cathedral and take all your exterior pictures and then go inside when it is time.  There's plenty to look at outside.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 1

Book the 10:30 time. You might not be cleared to disembark right at 9. Do take a taxi. Don't even think about walking. It is too far.

Note that on the SF website you first book a tour time and then you say at which time you want to enter ahead of the tour (15 or 30 minutes).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, MAVIP said:

About 2 months. I cannot book at this very moment a tour for May 6th, so I made a note to try again March 1st.

Quite special: I just looked again and May as well as  June can be booked....

On 2/17/2023 at 2:01 AM, MAVIP said:

Quite special: I just looked again and May as well as  June can be booked....

Thanks MAVIP - with your info, I’ve just booked 2 9.00am tickets for late May.

I probably wouldn’t have bothered looking before late March, so I’m very happy to have an early start and hopefully beat the crowds.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, AJCM said:

Thanks MAVIP - with your info, I’ve just booked 2 9.00am tickets for late May.

I probably wouldn’t have bothered looking before late March, so I’m very happy to have an early start and hopefully beat the crowds.

You most probable will beat the crowds. Our chance is not a high as yours as we are on a B2B and I donot know whether we can disembark/transit early enough for a guided tour before 10:45. It will be our 4th visit of the Sagrada. We hope to be able to see the Sagrada finished in the years to come....