• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

The Elbe river 2023 - not just water levels

notamermaid

Here is the thread on the Elbe river for 2023.

Join us again this year with comments and tips - not just for this magnificent river making its journey from the Czech Republic all the way to Hamburg in Germany and to the North Sea but also the connected land portions like Prague and Berlin.

Safe travels.

notamermaid

The first cruises on the Elbe start in March but let us have a look anyway at how the river has been doing in January. The gauge at Dresden:

image.png.328ba6a5544f6e2501ad225e8101f636.png

The month started with a level well above the mean. The middle of the month brought a lot of rain over the whole of Germany with the (small) peak on the Elbe visible here on the graph just like on the Rhine and Danube. After briefly dropping below the mean water mark, the line MW in the graph, the level is now going up again. In short: a typical month with cool and wet conditions as expected in many years in Germany. Nothing out of the ordinary.

notamermaid

On 2/1/2023 at 3:46 PM, CroisiEurope America said:

Thanks for your service, not a Mermaid 😄.  We're looking forward to another year on the Elbe.

My pleasure. Thank you for saying hello. I am intrigued by the - I think - new river cruise of 17(!) days from Berlin to Strasbourg. Quite unusual on the international market. A Grand European journey of a different kind. I admit that it is "only" three countries but what great sights nevertheless: https://www.croisieuroperivercruises.com/cruise/berlin-strasbourg-classic#cruise

notamermaid

@CroisiEurope America The itinerary appears to have an unusual port call in Amsterdam.

DAY 12

AMSTERDAM

Enjoy lunch and time on your own in Amsterdam today. Passengers are welcome to board the ship at 6:00 p.m. Enjoy a welcome cocktail with the crew before dinner. The evening is free to do as you please.

Is there a possibility of booking only the Berlin to Amsterdam portion?