The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday January 25th, 2023

rafinmd

8 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @rafinmd and @richwmn.

I guess good evening, for Opposite Day. I have lots of book shelves here, but no shelfies taken. I like Irish coffee, but don't have it often. Funny quote. The meal looks good, pass on the drink. Yes to the wine, except for the price.

I haven't been to Kotor, and appreciate all photos posted.

Well, the weather is weird here. A lot of schools closed for today. But in my area we didn't get much snow and now it's changing to rain/slush. There were a lot of car accidents earlier though, and speed limits were reduced; but now that's been lifted. Good, but not for kids wanting to sled or play in the snow.

I've finally started to try to build up my strength; it's bad how little I can do on the treadmill, but I will faithfully walk and increase my endurance, in preparation for upcoming travel and just for fitness in general. Also my mail ballot for an upcoming special election (someone who had died was re-elected, smh!) is MIA; it showed on my informed delivery email for Monday, but never was delivered. USPS notified.

@ottahand7 Thanks for sharing your photos.

@mamaofami Sorry about the still missing glasses.

@kazu Oh no on needing an emergency appointment at the Bone Clinic; I hope they fix things right up! 

@StLouisCruisers Great pictures from Kotor!

@grapau27 Continued prayers for Sarah and her injection tomorrow. She is fortunate to have you and Pauline supporting her.

@RedneckBob Where are you off to?

@cruising sister Oh no on the illness at the grandkids' house! I hope they're over it quickly and their parents stay well. 

@smitty34877 How is Tana feeling lately?

@RMLincoln I hope DH's doctor is able to help with the eye drop issue. I have a chronic eye issue and seem to have spent the last few years at the eye doctor's office, sometimes weekly.

@superoma I hope you can get your cataract taken care of soon. I hope you don't get all that snow!

@Seasick Sailor Safe travels. Good that your friend meeting you is flexible.

@aliaschief Good to hear you're feeling better.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for sharing your Kotor photos.

@Sharon in AZ Nice pictures of the Bay of Kotor.

Prayers for the Care List. Also all the victims of recent shootings. A toast to the Celebration List.

Stay well everyone.

Thanks for asking Vanessa.Tana's PF is debilitating  and her susceptibility  to pneumonia  is scary.She remains on hospice and we hope for more time with her.She struggles to breathe even when she is inactive  though which is new.She tells me she is "fine" which causes us both to laugh.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 11

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Sandi.

We will take her and Pauline will stay with her then we will take her home.

They only allow 1 person in so I will sit drinking coffee until they are ready.

Sarah is a little worried because of where the injection is.

How is your daughter's foot?.

Graham.

Last she reported is it's much better but will swell some after standing too long, so she puts the boot back on near the end of the school day.  Hopefully that will pass soon.

3 hours ago, aliaschief said:

I arose! I could have slept all morning! Made it through yesterday without taking any cold meds! Time seems to cure all colds. 
We did get about two inches of rain early this morning but none of the severe weather that was forecasted.🙏

I love Irish Coffees and don’t forget the dollop of Crème De Menthe on top of the cream.

One more day of laying low should do it and keep others from catching my woes.

Was surprised RedNeck Bob made it through TSA with his portfolio of highly classified jokes in hand. Bob where are you headed?

Time for another coffee and catching up on the news. Enjoy your day!

image.thumb.jpeg.d198c5771e6c2c262702d66a33c54d12.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.67d715daf3e828ea49d19f5323294b58.jpegimage.jpeg.50f3b281a8a10dbcb1b312fea088b230.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4f18d099938d4fd703739cfda4c38da4.jpeg

Those were hilarious Bruce!  Thanks, I always appreciate a good hearty laugh.🤣

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

Thanks for asking Vanessa.Tana's PF is debilitating  and her susceptibility  to pneumonia  is scary.She remains on hospice and we hope for more time with her.She struggles to breathe even when she is inactive  though which is new.She tells me she is "fine" which causes us both to laugh.

Tana is quite young still, right?  If you don't mind me asking, how did she get PF (pulmonary fibrosis I believe that is)?  It's so sad when the young adults like Tana and Patricia take ill like this.

Thanks to all for your Kotor photos today.   So many of us seem to enjoy it there.   Isn't that water beautiful?

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We were back in Kotor on August 8, and this time we were anchored a pretty good ways out of town.  The ship used local tenders for the passengers, and ship tenders for the crew who were leaving and boarding that day.

This picture was taken from the tender.

DSC07455.thumb.JPG.dc140674076f1a1cb97b8a4a9512d6b9.JPG

A family home

DSC07463.thumb.JPG.94d344f2b90fd5d29aeb2905dc5f8f40.JPG

IIRC, these "clothes": were advertising a shop down a side street.

DSC07467.thumb.JPG.847f3661b1a74709e0846fdd420084d7.JPG

We enjoyed a the free concert

DSC07470.thumb.JPG.4f78074d56906e718d5da357483df642.JPG

Walking around the wall at the back of the town, we came across an archeological site.  It was behind a fence but I managed to get a few pictures.

DSC07484.thumb.JPG.3b8239d5e3d3ab7aa3c1e61e0cb8fb82.JPG

DSC07485.thumb.JPG.684bd1982db24d216c7e052cc0e0b372.JPG

DSC07486.thumb.JPG.f2b9ee306dbc5baf225dc7cae9a7bf19.JPG

I'll leave you with this picture.

DSC07492.thumb.JPG.5e5d5e3c7de4be919d868bda6c53e2a6.JPG

Lenda

Fantastic photos as usual Lenda 

Graham.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisers for the links to our previous Kotor posts. This is what I posted on November 23, 2022:

We missed Kotor when we were on the Oosterdam in June. The sea was too rough to anchor and transport people in the tenders. However, we did stay a while waiting for some new crew to arrive. The Captain said that it was really important for the crew to come through Montenegro because they don’t require visas. I have a few pictures from the Bay of Kotor that I’ll share in a separate post. 

My next post:

Scenes from the Bay of Kotor, Montenegro. I don’t really know what each picture is of but do know that it’s all beautiful.  This is June 11, 2022 and also the day Craig lost his EarPods. The tracking on his phone never changed from location—Bay of Kotor, so I just think that the battery went out. 

The approach to Kotor is beautiful. Somehow this ship beat us. 

91494B7A-C033-4F2D-802B-2ED124CB119B.thumb.jpeg.ac5ec785dd792f525ed2f735d9f545f7.jpeg

ECC8D680-C965-419D-83DC-7B7E57BCD343.thumb.jpeg.ae3047c59f15b49b73682778cefeb995.jpeg

42EE79AB-8C11-49C1-8377-96B102A2D6AF.thumb.jpeg.d049de8d8e070800a0e9643ec2182193.jpeg

FE748F1C-21EF-47C6-AF1B-98F0A53D4750.thumb.jpeg.b453581e69c832cfc808ece4cca7fc52.jpeg

There were sailboats everywhere, this area was especially pretty with the little patch of beach. 

CFD87592-29B8-4038-9083-2510D841B619.thumb.jpeg.58cbd5539d6902fc41360a7a52b77a90.jpeg

B0170FE5-11CB-415D-B767-91151F7EA315.thumb.jpeg.e11e823a6d41876a4122dea2e0cf4461.jpeg

9D2CC402-0531-4952-B742-52581E04AD4F.thumb.jpeg.7566a9e1b6951ce7ab82fdd8f92f1648.jpeg

And sunset that evening. Gorgeous. 

A0F13F34-19B4-4BE0-A433-DF936BE992F4.thumb.jpeg.63a0351d0bd3b033519dee7f26cce1cc.jpeg

Maybe someday we can return and make it to town. I really want to see the cat museum and store. 

Lovely photos Sharon.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Interesting days, I'll pass on the drink, red wine and meal.  I like peanut butter but just can't get past the thought of peanut butter in a stew...I've always liked George Carlin and this quote is true.  We've been to Kotor a few times and it's definitely in the top of my favorite ports.  Like Sandi @StLouisCruisersI could go there every cruise.  And not just because it's a cat lover's paradise 😉  

Jacqui @kazuI'm sorry to hear that your elbow is still giving you problems.  I'm glad you were able to get in today and hope they have a solution.

@cruising sisteroh no about the vomit fest!  Hopefully everyone will be well for your cruise.  There's so much going around this winter.

Here are the photos I posted last time -- love this port!

Sailing into Kotor

1038647749_viewoftownfromwater.jpg.d0de5bbe3906851c9eb760e8053d6d91.jpg

967211187_sailingtoKotor.jpg.d506192570409854adf802fe2c3a722f.jpg

It's an easy town to just wander around in.

1091240552_streetscene.thumb.jpg.80a58224a42f8016fbaf63413a6618b9.jpg

1495141909_Kotorsidestreet.thumb.jpg.c86b99e17d48623fd9abce97d2a1b355.jpg

523471929_Kotorsidestreet2.thumb.jpg.0900123469a286fe46b1338cc5442655.jpg

I could easily post dozens of cat photos from Kotor, but will just leave this one here. This was just outside the Cat Museum.

1528766148_Kotorkittyandlittlegirl.thumb.jpg.91bc7252b1b15e90512b47edfc2fb363.jpg

I had vowed not to buy any more souvenir magnets, but this one captured my heart.

1647325353_kittiemagnetKotor.thumb.jpg.41bcc379c563b9010b48795c57d54f72.jpg

We took a boat excursion to the Skrpjela Baroque Church.  View of our ship from the boat.

111509060_boatride.jpg.41f2df509d61b4e016791a791e81611a.jpg

We passed this monastery on St. George's Island

1803163515_monasteryonSt.GeorgesIsland.jpg.e61c47823b0b607aca934ad9d6267075.jpg

Just a couple photos of the church --

696804542_SkrpjelaBaroqueChurch.thumb.jpg.de43cabd4e63701606d600f6ce90c2f4.jpg

Part of the ceiling

1289269367_SkrpjelaBaroqueChurchceiling.jpg.98cec5a9848adb1b6c94eb869355c07d.jpg

Baroque church.jpg

Thank you for your lovely photos.

Graham.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon!

I did make it to buy the paint!  So, as soon as Sue gets here Thursday and helps me pull the bed out from the wall, I can get started.  Table pads arrived today and they  are really nice.  After spending that much for a dining room table, I wanted to protect the top of it.  We are just waiting on four more chairs to arrive and that will be complete.  

Winter has finally arrived in Midland. 

IMG_2102.thumb.jpg.312a074a70a5470c13120adc9386173f.jpg

• Like 21

5 hours ago, JazzyV said:

I guess good evening, for Opposite Day. I have lots of book shelves here, but no shelfies taken. I like Irish coffee, but don't have it often. Funny quote. The meal looks good, pass on the drink. Yes to the wine, except for the price.

Well, the weather is weird here. A lot of schools closed for today. But in my area we didn't get much snow and now it's changing to rain/slush. There were a lot of car accidents earlier though, and speed limits were reduced; but now that's been lifted. Good, but not for kids wanting to sled or play in the snow.

I've finally started to try to build up my strength; it's bad how little I can do on the treadmill, but I will faithfully walk and increase my endurance, in preparation for upcoming travel and just for fitness in general. Also my mail ballot for an upcoming special election (someone who had died was re-elected, smh!) is MIA; it showed on my informed delivery email for Monday, but never was delivered. USPS notified.

@kazu Oh no on needing an emergency appointment at the Bone Clinic; I hope they fix things right up! 

@grapau27 Continued prayers for Sarah and her injection tomorrow. She is fortunate to have you and Pauline supporting her.

@cruising sister Oh no on the illness at the grandkids' house! I hope they're over it quickly and their parents stay well. 

@RMLincoln I hope DH's doctor is able to help with the eye drop issue. I have a chronic eye issue and seem to have spent the last few years at the eye doctor's office, sometimes weekly.

@superoma I hope you can get your cataract taken care of soon. I hope you don't get all that snow!

Prayers for the Care List. Also all the victims of recent shootings. A toast to the Celebration List.

Stay well everyone.

Just started a seven day cruise along the strip in Las Vegas.

• Like 5
  • Haha 11

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Last she reported is it's much better but will swell some after standing too long, so she puts the boot back on near the end of the school day.  Hopefully that will pass soon.

Those were hilarious Bruce!  Thanks, I always appreciate a good hearty laugh.🤣

Tana is quite young still, right?  If you don't mind me asking, how did she get PF (pulmonary fibrosis I believe that is)?  It's so sad when the young adults like Tana and Patricia take ill like this.

Thanks to all for your Kotor photos today.   So many of us seem to enjoy it there.   Isn't that water beautiful?

Sandi, I doubt we will ever know for  sure,the disease is often  idiopathic.Tana is 51 and had had many bouts of pneumonia  prior to contracting Covid in early 2020.She was hospitalized and has had long covid symptoms. Testing for that brought the Docs to a definitive diagnosis. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 9

4 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Sandi, I doubt we will ever know for  sure,the disease is often  idiopathic.Tana is 51 and had had many bouts of pneumonia  prior to contracting Covid in early 2020.She was hospitalized and has had long covid symptoms. Testing for that brought the Docs to a definitive diagnosis. 

It's such a shame!  She's only slightly older than my own DD.  Well, Tana couldn't have a better group of extended family to care for her.  I know there is a lot of love in that family.❤️

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

A late good afternoon.  Not much going on here.  I spent the day working on pictures and exploring more on Ancestry.  The old saying is that everyone has an ancestor who was hung as a horse thief.  Today, I found one who was hung for murdering his stepmother.  After it was too late, the real murderer confessed on his death bed.  I hope that's the worst thing I find.

10 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

At the airport, ready to go home. Flight changes makes us 4 hours later to get to Austin. Thankfully our sweetest friend says she will be waiting for us.

There were crew leaving today and a bittersweet goodbye. Such a great group of people. We cried when leaving Canneletto last night.

Having a spicy tuna roll at Umaizushi and a few glasses of spirits.

Prayers lifted, love spread. Life is good. God bless!

Joy, I hope you had a safe flight back to Austin.  You have a very nice neighbor to pick you up on the far side of Austin.

9 hours ago, dfish said:

There are hot spices and then there are flavor spices.  If it is the hot spice that irritates his mouth, just leave it out.  Then he just has the creaminess of the peanut butter, which should sooth his mouth.

I was thinking of Snowbound, which is a white, but not a stark white.  It is a lot softer.  I used that to paint the old house in Ohio to get it ready to sell.  But, who knows.  I might find something I like better.  I want to lighten it up a bit as it seems kind of dark and dreary.  You wouldn't think that of a pink, but this pink is just that.  

The color sounds nice and restful.  BTW, when using the tool to keep the paint off the carpet, try using a small brush to paint a "border" alonf the edge.

7 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Stay well everyone.

Vanessa, I can sympathize.  After Christmas, I started walking around our little community when going to the mailbox.  At a brisk pace, it takes about 15 minutes, if I don't meet a neignbor who wants to chat.  🤣  I do it to get in shape, amd to try to keep from gaining weigght during the winter months.  Today, with a heavy package to collect, and a brisk north wind, I cheated and took the golf cart.

3 hours ago, dfish said:

Good afternoon!

I did make it to buy the paint!  So, as soon as Sue gets here Thursday and helps me pull the bed out from the wall, I can get started.  Table pads arrived today and they  are really nice.  After spending that much for a dining room table, I wanted to protect the top of it.  We are just waiting on four more chairs to arrive and that will be complete.  

Winter has finally arrived in Midland. 

IMG_2102.thumb.jpg.312a074a70a5470c13120adc9386173f.jpg

Glad you got thenpaint and that Sue can help you move the furniture.

7 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Terry, I hope you all,  and especially the teenager, have more time with Tana.  I hope her breathing will improve while she's inactive.  She is very lucky to have such a supportive family.

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

The piano is now in the house, plugged in and ready to play,  too bad neither of us know how.  I play by ear, and took one semester many years ago in college. But it will be DH's piano.

I think Feral Fawn is sicker than just an ear problem...I'm her mommy, and she has never really shied away from me, but now she sees me, and she runs away.  She is no longer eating, and Bubbles the stray has taken over the porch.  I am afraid that she has picked up something from him.  She is huddled in the back of the car port.  Where Bubbles used to sleep.  I cant take her to the vets, they wont see her, nor can i get close enough to her to get her in a carrier.  I know that many of you may think it's silly to pray for a cat, but if you dont, please add her to your prayers.  She has been with us for about 5 years, and she has been my "girl friend" for all 5 of them.  Belly rubs on the porch, snuggles outside in the sun.

Early doctors appointment for DH tomorrow with his oncologist.  Oh, and he got a job, so no more moping around the house, he will work for Hollywood Bowl with me.  I guess I get to help train him.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

26 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

The piano is now in the house, plugged in and ready to play,  too bad neither of us know how.  I play by ear, and took one semester many years ago in college. But it will be DH's piano.

I think Feral Fawn is sicker than just an ear problem...I'm her mommy, and she has never really shied away from me, but now she sees me, and she runs away.  She is no longer eating, and Bubbles the stray has taken over the porch.  I am afraid that she has picked up something from him.  She is huddled in the back of the car port.  Where Bubbles used to sleep.  I cant take her to the vets, they wont see her, nor can i get close enough to her to get her in a carrier.  I know that many of you may think it's silly to pray for a cat, but if you dont, please add her to your prayers.  She has been with us for about 5 years, and she has been my "girl friend" for all 5 of them.  Belly rubs on the porch, snuggles outside in the sun.

Early doctors appointment for DH tomorrow with his oncologist.  Oh, and he got a job, so no more moping around the house, he will work for Hollywood Bowl with me.  I guess I get to help train him.

Sending positive thoughts for Fawn to get better.  Some how, the vet refusing to see a sick or injured cat doesn't seem right.  Surely, they have a way to handle "problem" cats, even if it means getting a tranquilizer in them before the appointment.    Great news about DH getting a job.  Hope there are no surprises at his appointment tomorrow.

Lenda

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Just started a seven day cruise along the strip in Las Vegas.

First stop tonite on my cruise was Rome and a visit to Caesar’s Palace. Only there a short while as I was escorted out of the Palace by one of their Centurion Roman Guards for trying to act like a redneck. They could not believe I was actually one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

@rafinmd  Roy, thanks for the HAL Fleet locations and the "Daily", and for the Care and Celebration Lists, good that another New Zealand wine is listed today, I shall look out for it.

Today we have driven inland to a stone fruit orchard area, had lunch and returned home with supplies of fresh Apricots, Nectarines and Peaches.

Will  go back and finish reading today's thread.

• Like 10

14 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

@smitty34877  Sorry thatTana's condition is not so good..   Is she able to walk with help?

She is fortunate to have such a supportive family.

@kazu Hope that you received help at your appointment today, and that the pain is easing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1