Getting off Sky & boarding Enchanted same day Port Everglades

seastheday

Hi all,

I searched the first ten pages manually but saw nothing that seemed to meet my needs…we have decided to do a 7-day on Sky next year followed immediately by a 10-day on Enchanted. Seems simple enough to disembark the first one then taxi on around to the next one. If memory serves I don’t think there’s any way to walk our stuff between ships (without ending up in port jail). Anyone done this ship-jumping who can shed light on how it went? If there are any stumbling blocks I’m not anticipating, I’d appreciate knowing. My DH will be highly unamused if things go badly. 😂

You can take a taxi but the driver is not going to be thrilled with the fare. If you’re at Piers 2 and 4, they are perpendicular to each other and it’s a couple of minute walk between them. If they are further apart (I forget exactly, because it’s been a few years, but I think Princess also uses Pier 21), Port Everglades runs a shuttle bus that can take you to the other ship (in reality it’s to return cruisers to their cars that might be in another lot).  You can check the berth the ships will be at shortly before that day at https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, seastheday said:

Hi all,

I searched the first ten pages manually but saw nothing that seemed to meet my needs…we have decided to do a 7-day on Sky next year followed immediately by a 10-day on Enchanted. Seems simple enough to disembark the first one then taxi on around to the next one. If memory serves I don’t think there’s any way to walk our stuff between ships (without ending up in port jail). Anyone done this ship-jumping who can shed light on how it went? If there are any stumbling blocks I’m not anticipating, I’d appreciate knowing. My DH will be highly unamused if things go badly. 😂

There are at least three different berths at Port Everglades that are/can be used by Princess. The two ("Princess Cruise Port" and "Terminal 4") that are closest to Eisenhower Blvd. are accessible to each other, the third is deeper into the port area and requires a very short cab ride. 

Edited by teecee60

This is of interest to me too, as I will be moving from Sky Princess to Celebrity Reflection on the same day.  Google maps suggested it was a 40 minute walk, or a ten minute taxi ride:   I hadn't heard there was a shuttle bus - can you direct me to information about this?

We did this.  From pier 21 to pier 2.  We walked it with our luggage, only to find out after the fact that there was a shuttle that goes from pier 21 to the parking garage beside pier 2.  There was no issue walking if you are able to port all your bags.  We pack light so it worked out fine.

• Like 1

Unless I'm mistaken, the only time they provide a shuttle bus from pier 21 to terminals 2 or 4 is when your initial cruise returns to a different terminal. Normally there is no need for it.

It's a little far to walk with luggage, although there are sidewalks. 

9 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

You can take a taxi but the driver is not going to be thrilled with the fare. If you’re at Piers 2 and 4, they are perpendicular to each other and it’s a couple of minute walk between them. If they are further apart (I forget exactly, because it’s been a few years, but I think Princess also uses Pier 21), Port Everglades runs a shuttle bus that can take you to the other ship (in reality it’s to return cruisers to their cars that might be in another lot).  You can check the berth the ships will be at shortly before that day at https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/.

Probably won’t be terminal 4 next year since Disney will be home porting a ship at terminal 4 beginning late this year.  The terminal is being renovated to reflect that.

We did this a few years back and we opted to take a Princess disembarkation excursion to the Everglades which dropped us off back at the port in the afternoon.  It got us from one ship to the other, killed the time in between, and we got to take an airboat ride.  Not the cheapest alternative but it worked out well.

• Like 1

There are the mid port piers and the north port piers. One of the ships, probably the Sky, will be at pier 2. at the north port. Probably the Sky because it is sailing repeat 7 day cruises throughout the season. The other ship will most likely be at one of the mid port piers. When it is closer to the sailing date you can find the pier assignments on the Port Everglades web site. There could possibly be a parking deck shuttle between between the north port parking deck, Heron, and the mid port parking deck, Palm. This is operated by the piers. Princess staff may not be aware of any shuttle, but you can ask. If not then you just have to take a taxi. It is a min. fare and it would be nice to offer a larger gratuity to the driver. It really isn't advisable to try and walk. Someone mentioned pier 4. Pier 4 is perpendicular to pier 2 and just a few minutes walk. from pier 2. I don't know if the large ships Sky and Enchanted can fit at the same time in both of these berths. I don't think so.

https://www.porteverglades.net/cruise/cruise-terminals/

• Like 2

• I just got off Enchanted on Saturday at pier 2. Princess provided a large touring coach for the 40 or so passengers going  to Sky at pier 21. Off one ship at 9am and on the next by 11am, easy peasy.
Edited by Britter16
Spelling
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Britter16 said:
  • I just got off Enchanted on Saturday at pier 2. Princess provided a large touring coach for the 40 or so passengers going  to Sky at pier 21. Off one ship at 9am and on the next by 11am, easy peasy.

Britter16 forgot to ask…how did you know this was going to be offered? I figure we will just check with passenger services when we get on the first ship but curious if we need to initiate (if it will happen at all in our particular instance).

7 minutes ago, seastheday said:

Britter16 forgot to ask…how did you know this was going to be offered? I figure we will just check with passenger services when we get on the first ship but curious if we need to initiate (if it will happen at all in our particular instance).

You have to ask at passenger services. Maybe more than once. 

On 1/31/2023 at 8:41 AM, Britter16 said:

That sounds like what I heard a while ago. I'm surprised they're still doing it. 

On 1/30/2023 at 11:48 PM, trinitygirl said:

This is of interest to me too, as I will be moving from Sky Princess to Celebrity Reflection on the same day.  Google maps suggested it was a 40 minute walk, or a ten minute taxi ride:   I hadn't heard there was a shuttle bus - can you direct me to information about this?

I did this from the Island Princess  to the Viking Neptune in December 22.  I used an Uber.  You can pick the pier you're going to so the driver knows where he is going when the quote is given. No unhappy taxi driver!  If you don't like the quote, wait ten minutes and put it in again.  It was less than $15.

Cynthia

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LunaSeaRetreat said:

I did this from the Island Princess  to the Viking Neptune in December 22.  I used an Uber.  You can pick the pier you're going to so the driver knows where he is going when the quote is given. No unhappy taxi driver!  If you don't like the quote, wait ten minutes and put it in again.  It was less than $15.

Cynthia

thanks, that is really helpful!  I don't use Uber but I have downloaded the app - am I right in thinking that the one app works everywhere?   I am interested to know if walking it is physically possible - I have plenty of time and have no issues wheeling my case along for 40 minutes, but given that it is a port, I am not sure if walking is allowed or possible?

57 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

Definitely allowed and possible.  Done it and it was a decent walk, but nothing overpowering.  And two other couples walked it as well as us (that we saw).

It's hell on the wheels of your luggage. 

A few years ago we took a taxi from pier 2 to a HAL ship.  There is something right on the window of the taxi saying what the fee is to do that and he wanted to charge us more.  We refused and paid the correct amount.  We would have given a tip that would have probably been more than what he asked for but didn't like that he was trying to cheat us.

• Like 1