New website.

Riocca

I spent a career in financial services IT.  A travel company is much more likely to be gung-ho than your bank or insurer, so I'd guess that they are way short of a workable solution to have this postponement.

Hold on to your hats and take a screen-grab of anything that matters!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, JM0115 said:

We have two bookings with AZ and did not receive this. In fact we have not received any emails from them other than our bookings.  Thoughts?

Sometimes I get emails from Azamara, more often I don’t. My travel agent doesn’t normally get them either. I’m hoping the change to the new IT system, when it comes, will improve this. In the meantime, I’m grateful for this board! 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

Sometimes I get emails from Azamara, more often I don’t. My travel agent doesn’t normally get them either. I’m hoping the change to the new IT system, when it comes, will improve this. In the meantime, I’m grateful for this board! 

I am as well.  Maybe I will regret wanting more emails from them in the future!?!  But they really don't have a lot of communication.

55 minutes ago, luv2travel90266 said:

As a suggestion register on the website and then put in your booking number. That may be the missing link to getting emails . If you’ve already done that then …..oh well.🙄

Oh well 😀

2 hours ago, luv2travel90266 said:

As a suggestion register on the website and then put in your booking number. That may be the missing link to getting emails . If you’ve already done that then …..oh well.🙄

Another thing to check might be your profile (after you sign in, click your initials in the upper right hand corner then select Profile from the drop-down menu). Check “Offers & Communications” and make sure you’ve opted in for Azamara. That might make a difference on whether or not they send you emails.

Edited by Chot50s
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chot50s said:

Another thing to check might be your profile (after you sign in, click your initials in the upper right hand corner then select Profile from the drop-down menu). Check “Offers & Communications” and make sure you’ve opted in for Azamara. That might make a difference on whether or not they send you emails.

Yes- I have Azamara checked for communication.

3 hours ago, jkhneuber said:

I have same problem, with Celebrity, too. I get mails for existing cruises like cruise documents but no marketing mails. 

And there’s the problem communication from the Royal Caribbean web system has never been fit for purpose, we’ve had no end of problems either getting on email lists we want to be on or off of those we don’t.

Fingers crossed that Azamara’s new system is an improvement, although that won’t be too hard.

Edited by Riocca
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, Riocca said:

And there’s the problem communication from the Royal Caribbean web system has never been fit for purpose, we’ve had no end of problems either getting on email lists we want to be on or off of those we don’t.

Fingers crossed that Azamara’s new system is an improvement, although that won’t be too hard.

Having worked with IT for most of my life, I think that it is highly unlikely that 'The New Azamara Website' will match the hopes, aspirations, expectations being expressed here.

It may be an improvement, but don't hold your breath.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, blag said:

Having worked with IT for most of my life, I think that it is highly unlikely that 'The New Azamara Website' will match the hopes, aspirations, expectations being expressed here.

It may be an improvement, but don't hold your breath.

Sad to say on this occasion I agree with you, but we can always hope.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, luv2travel90266 said:

A few years ago, when the very kind and helpful Bonnie MacLaird was Azamara’s Social Media Officer, she posted some advice from Azamara about submitting quite a lot of information (Full name, date of birth, country of residence, complete street address, home phone, mobile phone, and loyalty number,) as well as email address. Although it seemed somewhat intrusive, since I really don’t want paper or phone marketing efforts, I supplied it anyway. Did it make any difference? Absolutely none. On the bright side, I never received any marketing flyers or phone calls, either.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

A few years ago, when the very kind and helpful Bonnie MacLaird was Azamara’s Social Media Officer, she posted some advice from Azamara about submitting quite a lot of information (Full name, date of birth, country of residence, complete street address, home phone, mobile phone, and loyalty number,) as well as email address. Although it seemed somewhat intrusive, since I really don’t want paper or phone marketing efforts, I supplied it anyway. Did it make any difference? Absolutely none. On the bright side, I never received any marketing flyers or phone calls, either.

I can remember the advice to go via Nicole in Azamara loyalty which did work but then we were inundated with RC and Celebrity emails, when we tried to stop them Azamara stopped as well. Having the same login and password for all their websites is a problem, possibly they thought it would be easier for customers, alternatively it might just be lazy web designers. Looking forward to the challenges of the new website 😁

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, cpgrneyes said:

Just went online to check on a price and, at least on my iPad, it looks like the booking engine is the new website, but definitely not ready for release!

How do you know it is the new engine?  Thanks,

1 minute ago, cpgrneyes said:

My assumption - it is different than it has been the past year. Also states that Covid vaccination is required which is no longer correct. Likely just went “live” in error, but thought I’d contribute it to this thread.

94F9B7E2-0F63-4557-99F0-C781A58BD90C.png

Thank you.  It looks like I cannot even get that far in the booking. I guess it is a work in progress!  I get stuck here:image.thumb.png.2a6f818d5a412783c2d9e4093270832d.png

There are differences between US and UK website since i begin to look for a cruise this year. The layout from cpgrneyes have been in place on US website at least since early December. But I am from germany, maybe they have geolocation and test with non target market. The UK website is the old one, better working. 

10 hours ago, jkhneuber said:

There are differences between US and UK website since i begin to look for a cruise this year. The layout from cpgrneyes have been in place on US website at least since early December. But I am from germany, maybe they have geolocation and test with non target market. The UK website is the old one, better working. 

The layout in the US website was much different before yesterday when I could actually get a price showing all the discounts included. Today, I followed through on the new booking site, and can’t even get a price. The site just asks to select from several different time periods for a call from a representative. Fortunately, I sent a screen shot to my TA Sunday to make an upgrade, and hopefully they’ll have no trouble making the change today.

• Like 1