Airport transfers from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale

330_cruiser

On 4/17/2023 at 9:34 PM, GTO-Girl said:

are you taking the bus to Ft Lauderdale the morning of your cruise????  I sure hope not!!!😳

Why not?  It's an express bus (no stops), so approx. the same driving time as if they drove themselves. 

54 minutes ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

Why not?  It's an express bus (no stops), so approx. the same driving time as if they drove themselves. 

Maybe because this bus line gets HORRIBLE reviews on multiple websites due to problems and not being on schedule!!!!

Would hate to see them come all this way and then miss their cruise!!!

That’s why!!!!

18 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

Maybe because this bus line gets HORRIBLE reviews on multiple websites due to problems and not being on schedule!!!!

Would hate to see them come all this way and then miss their cruise!!!

That’s why!!!!

Silversea doesn't begin boarding until 2 pm and the ship doesn't depart till 7 pm, so even if the bus is delayed, there is plenty of time to get there.  If the bus cancels or has a significant delay in leaving Orlando, they can always grab an Uber or have the hotel arrange a car service.  In an ideal world, Brightline will start their service to/from Orlando in time, but the start date is still TBD. 

Since two separate parties are arriving on the nonstop from Dublin to MCO and departing on the same voyage from Fort Lauderdale the following day, they may also want to connect on the Roll Call and consider sharing a private car service.  That would cut the costs of the car service significantly; they could leave later in the morning and go straight to the port.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2023 at 2:34 AM, GTO-Girl said:

are you taking the bus to Ft Lauderdale the morning of your cruise????  I sure hope not!!!😳

Hi GTO -Girl, 

I was quite happy to travel on the bus ( I’m an adventurer ) but now we are arriving in Orlando on the Saturday and flying to Fort Lauderdale the next morning .

• Like 1