Cee_Jay

I have been on 5 cruises with my partnert but always been on N.C.L.  First cruise was a family celebration with children and just stuck with Norwegian.  I now have two Saga cruises booked and  realise it is going to be very different. Formal nights, no real problem there we can dress apropriatly, I do have a DJ.  My question is about  daytime. Is a collerless tee shirt OK during the day acceptable if onboard (sea day) or is a collar really necessary? If going ashore can I wear jeans?

Sorry to be nieve but this a very different cruise than NCL !  Really looking forwrd to it .

Normal daytime resort wear - jeans, shorts, tee shirts, polo shirts, sandals etc - is perfectly acceptable onboard during the day. In the evenings after 6pm a smart casual dress code applies throughout the ship; you are expected  to wear a conventional shirt with a collar, and long trousers, and asked not to wear tee shirts, polo shirts, denim or training shoes. On formal nights you need to wear a jacket and tie to dine in the MDR and attend the theatre - a DJ or dark suit is recommended - but the normal smart casual evening dress code applies in the grill and in the bars and lounges if you prefer not to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Have a look at what we've all been wearing in the last few days...

P3030044.thumb.jpg.12321806331ad59ed29100f502770e45.jpg

You may need something warmer!

Fabulous, we were there in 2020 and have the red coat to prove it. 😂

• Like 1

A cheeky alternative in the evening is a dark (black?) poloneck lightweight wool sweater, with jacket over if required.  My DH often wore one, without jacket on casual evenings, with when it was a touch more formal, and his DJ when formal.  I know the poloneck is a bit of an old fashioned cliche, but it suits quite a lot of men, and is more elegant than polo shirt.  (just my opinion of course).

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Cee_Jay said:

Thanks all of you.......and noted the photo.....2nd of the cruises is the Northern Lights in March 2024, I assume the picture shows the "Artic" jacket we get included !

It does and the embroidered badge has the year on. 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...