Introductions from cruise director

shorne

An article on this site suggests, as a way to meet possibly kindred spirits, that a solo traveller seek the cruise director for possible introductions. How would that work? I wouldn't even know how to find the cruise director, and anyway that person would hardly know whom to introduce.

It is quite easy to find the Cruise Director actually. Go to Guest Relations and speak with one of the staff members there and tell them you would like to speak with the CD. 

As for having a singles meet and greet? That is not something I care about but the CD would be a good person to ask about this type of event.  And I agree with the previous poster, sometimes they have info about these type of events in their programs.

• Like 1

I've been on smaller cruise lines as a solo - Azamara and Regent. On Regent, they really go out of their way to make sure solos meet and interact and have a daily cocktail gathering and most nights several people would then go to dinner. The Cruise Director sent all the solos invitations to these events. On Azamara it was just listed on the daily program, and was not as well attended. On my first Azamara cruise there were only 5 of us who showed up but we became very close and had cocktails most nights and often had dinner. On my 2nd Azamara, at the beginning there were closer to 15-20 of us, but that number dwindled quickly. However, several of us continued to get together regularly. I will be traveling on Princess this summer and am curious how the larger cruise lines handle solos.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2023 at 3:18 PM, shorne said:

Others here have said that those events tend to be dull and poorly attended.

The solo gathering on my last cruise was quite the opposite of that.  We had over 30 people one night!!