Port of Miami - Transfers and Passing Time

wbingham

I'll be cruising on MSC Devina out of Port of Miami on May 1st and am looking for transfer options to and from MIA international airport.  Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for shuttle services that are not too expensive.  Also, my flight arrives at 12:20 and my check-in time for MSC isn't until 3:30pm....so also looking for any suggestions on something to do to pass the 3 hours vs sitting in the airport.

A cab from MIA to the Port Of Miami should cost around thirty dollars plus tip for the short twenty minute ride. Once you arrive at the Port and enter the terminal just try to get on the line to checkin early. Most likely you won't have a problem getting onboard early. Checkin times are issued so passenger arrivals at the terminal are spread out.

Not much time between getting your bags and ride to a 3:30 check in. Head straight to the port. No need for a shuttle, taxi will be around $30 plus tip 20-30 min drive. You can also use rideshare too, usually Uber/Lyft is a little cheaper. 

I went ahead and booked transportation through MSC for this.  It was $22 each way.  I wanted to get at least the cruise port to airport piece booked beforehand.  Using uber/lyft isn't too bad getting to the cruise port, as people are generally arriving throughout the morning/afternoon.  But I've found that it can be pretty hectic when trying to get from the cruise port back to the airport as you've got hundreds of passengers all disembarking at once.  

Based upon prices suggested, $44 round trip seemed like a bargain.

23 hours ago, wbingham said:

I went ahead and booked transportation through MSC for this.  It was $22 each way.  I wanted to get at least the cruise port to airport piece booked beforehand.  Using uber/lyft isn't too bad getting to the cruise port, as people are generally arriving throughout the morning/afternoon.  But I've found that it can be pretty hectic when trying to get from the cruise port back to the airport as you've got hundreds of passengers all disembarking at once.  

Based upon prices suggested, $44 round trip seemed like a bargain.

word of advice: the cruise line may have only one shuttle departure from the airport, say, around 11 am. You are cutting very close with the late arrival.....

A lot of people didn't make it to our April cruise from northern and eastern states because of the freak storm...

By the way, how did you book the MSC transfer? I looked for a long time today and couldn't find the option on their website.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

30 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

word of advice: the cruise line may have only one shuttle departure from the airport, say, around 11 am. You are cutting very close with the late arrival.....

A lot of people didn't make it to our April cruise from northern and eastern states because of the freak storm...

By the way, how did you book the MSC transfer? I looked for a long time today and couldn't find the option on their website.

I booked directly with MSC via their customer service line.  I called them to inquire as to why my drink package refund still hadn't been received after about 66 days now and while they were looking into that I booked the transfer.  

I am assuming that since I booked directly with MSC and they have my flight times, they verified everything will be available.  I would expect them to have multiple shuttles going back and forth all day like other cruise lines do, but I guess that's something I'll find out in just over a week.  

• Like 1