FLL - Port Everglades: Uber vs. Lyft

peter1975

I was just working on scheduling a ride share from my hotel in Fort Lauderdale to the cruise port.

The rate I was quoted from Uber was almost twice as expensive as Lyft!  ($23 vs $42).   Does this seem normal?

If you are planning to use rideshare in Fort Lauderdale make sure you check prices from both!

Rideshares pricing is fluid they literally change with the weather. I have both apps on the phone and put in my destination on both to see who is less expensive at the time I'm making the reservation.

Of course, now that I have a credit card that is giving 5x points for Lyft that does impact my choice if there is a minor price difference even in favor of Uber.

11 hours ago, peter1975 said:

I was just working on scheduling a ride share from my hotel in Fort Lauderdale to the cruise port.

The rate I was quoted from Uber was almost twice as expensive as Lyft!  ($23 vs $42).   Does this seem normal?

If you are planning to use rideshare in Fort Lauderdale make sure you check prices from both!

Yes, for scheduling since Uber locks drivers out of taking other rides for 30 minutes prior to a scheduled pick up.  Best to just order when ready.   

On 4/28/2023 at 10:09 PM, Elaine5715 said:

Yes, for scheduling since Uber locks drivers out of taking other rides for 30 minutes prior to a scheduled pick up.  Best to just order when ready.   

Interesting!  Well, for $23 I was happy to lock in the ride with Lyft.

14 minutes ago, peter1975 said:

Interesting!  Well, for $23 I was happy to lock in the ride with Lyft.

Since Lyft drivers aren't locked out of the ride notifications, they can cancel at the last second.  

22 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Since Lyft drivers aren't locked out of the ride notifications, they can cancel at the last second.  

Yikes!  Thanks for that info.  I'll be sure to follow my scheduled pick up closely and hopefully that won't happen!  

2 hours ago, peter1975 said:

Yikes!  Thanks for that info.  I'll be sure to follow my scheduled pick up closely and hopefully that won't happen!  

The Uber driver told me once you are at the pick up spot (get there early) to text them that you are there so they can head your way.  The drivers detest getting to the designated pick up location and having to wait.  

15 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

The Uber driver told me once you are at the pick up spot (get there early) to text them that you are there so they can head your way.  The drivers detest getting to the designated pick up location and having to wait.  

Well, they are picking us up from our hotel -- so, we will definitely be there!!

21 hours ago, peter1975 said:

Well, they are picking us up from our hotel -- so, we will definitely be there!!

No not at the hotel, at the spot on the map where you are waiting for the car. Drivers hate waiting for you to arrive a the actual spot you get in the car. They are paid waiting time but it is pennies and they have to wait the designated time before canceling and getting their $6 bucks for a no-show (or whatever the company pays from the no show charge). 

5 hours ago, Brighton Line said:

No not at the hotel, at the spot on the map where you are waiting for the car. Drivers hate waiting for you to arrive a the actual spot you get in the car. They are paid waiting time but it is pennies and they have to wait the designated time before canceling and getting their $6 bucks for a no-show (or whatever the company pays from the no show charge). 

Gotcha!  Well, we will be ready with all of our luggage in the lobby waiting for them to arrive!