Baltimore post cruise

tinykygal

It has been 21 years since we cruised from Baltimore.  We flew straight home and saw none of the area. in September we have decided to stay 1 night post cruise for a better flight.

We chose comfort over $ and will stay 1 night post cruise in September.

Any suggestions for an affordable hotel/motel near dining and suggestions for things to do nearby?

BTW, hotel shuttle from the port would be extra nice.

Thank you.

You're largely looking for contradictory options. Hotels near things to do, without a car, are mostly not going to have shuttles in Baltimore. And affordable is relative.

What are your dates in September? The Orioles are  having a good start to the season (could tank at any time; sorry Baltimore...) but if they're in town and doing well, that could impact hotel availability. Ditto September 9 when Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will be performing at Camden Yards.

I would start by looking at Harbor East for hotels. That's essentially midway between the Inner Harbor and Fells Point. Pull it up on Google Maps and look at the area. We don't go to Baltimore as often as we used to, so I can't make any specific recommendations. When we do go up, we tend to stay at either the Hotel Monaco or the Renaissance which are in the Inner Harbor area. I really like the Monaco as a hotel and they have a great bar/restaurant. Harbor East gets you closer to Little Italy.

For things to do, there's the Aquarium (Inner Harbor) and Fort McHenry (think Star Spangled Banner).  With a day, those would be my top 2 to research. There's also the Historic Ships of Baltimore that includes the USS Constellation. Fells Point is a fun neighborhood to explore. Trinity Reservations may or may not be useful for what you're talking about. There's a lot in the area, but a lot of it isn't convenient without a car. With a car, I'd be tempted to head to Annapolis and explore that area and do a tour of the Naval Academy.

Lots of options...

• 4 weeks later...

The closest hotel to the cruise port is The Courtyard at Mc Henry Row.  It would be easy to visit Ft. McHenry.  There are 2 great restaurants nearby:  Iron Rooster from breakfast/lunch, Samos lunch/dinner. Otherwise I would recommend searching the area called Inner Harbor East.

On 5/31/2023 at 4:41 PM, 0106 said:

The closest hotel to the cruise port is The Courtyard at Mc Henry Row.  It would be easy to visit Ft. McHenry.  There are 2 great restaurants nearby:  Iron Rooster from breakfast/lunch, Samos lunch/dinner. Otherwise I would recommend searching the area called Inner Harbor East.

I stayed there pre-cruise in December and really enjoyed it. I had lunch the day before the cruise and breakfast the morning of at the Iron Rooster.

• Like 1