Do you make cruise t-shirts ?

phoneman69

DW and I are sailing along with our two Grand children and daughter. We are sailing on the Venezia out of NY on the 19th of June. I (Grampy) had 2 different cruise t-shirts made for Everyone. I want our embarkation photo to be in one of the shirts that say family cruise on it. Just wondering if i am acting over the top? It's the Grand Kids first cruise. ( yes i booked us the Dr. Suess breakfast as well) 

• Like 3

People do it ALL the time.  You will fit right in.

My mom and I did a cruise together one time, and she made them for us too!

I don't think I have been on one cruise where I didn't see them. 😁

• Like 1

I've seen it on many cruises for family celebrations/anniversary/graduation/wedding as well as other groups (on the FB pages).

I've never participated because I never cruised as part of a group!

Enjoy.  I'm sure the kids will love it as part of their first cruise!  

• Like 1

Have a 4 generation cruise in 2 weeks on Celebration, my daughter made t shirts for all from 18 month great granddaughter to 84 year old grandpa, wearing them for embarkation day!  In all my 20+ cruises this matching cruise shirt thing will be a first for me!  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, utopiahereicome said:

Have a 4 generation cruise in 2 weeks on Celebration, my daughter made t shirts for all from 18 month great granddaughter to 84 year old grandpa, wearing them for embarkation day!  In all my 20+ cruises this matching cruise shirt thing will be a first for me!  

Yes that's what where doing with 3 generation. Hoping the embarkation photo makes it all worth while. Although the grand kids were Very Excited to get their shirts. Now i just have to my sure they have them in 35 days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AFS1970 said:

Someone from our cruise made them and sold them online. I bought them for DW and myself.

Interesting idea. My son designed the shirts and one of them is for the Carnival Venezia as we will be sailing on her June 19th her 2nd voyage under the Carnival umbrella.

2 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

Interesting idea. My son designed the shirts and one of them is for the Carnival Venezia as we will be sailing on her June 19th her 2nd voyage under the Carnival umbrella.

We will be on the Venezia on September 17, going to Nova Scotia. DW is active over on [that other website that isn't CC] where she networked with the person who made and sold the shirts. They have the ship name and dates, and the back is a map of the route.

If I went on a group family cruise and everyone wore the same t-shirt, they would say "We're with the grouch who refuses to wear one of these t-shirts." 🤣

But I don't wear t-shirts. At all. Ever. 

Now, if they'd screenprint it on a nice flowy, sleeveless Georgette fabric tunic, we could talk...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

There are several groups every cruise who wear the t-shirts they had printed. I notice them every cruise.

Getting t-shirts printed for a cruise is absolutely not something that my family does.

• Like 1

We've taken many cruises and I started making tees long ago. It's easy--just get "iron-on" sheets, design what you want on the tee, print it on your home printer (do not use laser printers as the plastic could melt and jam them up!) and iron them on. The only drawback is they're only good for about 10 washings. What people seem to enjoy at the P&D party is when we wear the tee that I add a "patch" to for each cruise. Here are some pix of the shirts---including the front and back of what I made for our 3 grandchildren for the Suess breakfast. Enjoy your cruise!

10.png

11.png

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Edited by chocolate melting cake
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chocolate melting cake said:

We've taken many cruises and I started making tees long ago. It's easy--just get "iron-on" sheets, design what you want on the tee, print it on your home printer (do not use laser printers as the plastic could melt and jam them up!) and iron them on. The only drawback is they're only good for about 10 washings. What people seem to enjoy at the P&D party is when we wear the tee that I add a "patch" to for each cruise. Here are some pix of the shirts---including the front and back of what I made for our 3 grandchildren for the Suess breakfast. Enjoy your cruise!

10.png

11.png

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Very Nice work. Did not even consider the Dr. Seuss as a t-shirt

1 hour ago, phoneman69 said:

Very Nice work. Did not even consider the Dr. Seuss as a t-shirt

My daughter who was 24 at the time is a huge Dr Sue’s fan. I made her a shirt with a pattern I bought on Etsy that says “Why fit in when you were born to stand out!?” It has Things One and Two, some of the trees from The Lorax and Horton. 

No!  Not at all.  We don't do it on every cruise, but we do it on our "big" cruises.  This one cracks me up every time. You can tell which child was less than enthusiastic about matching his family.  Family pic matching shirts.jpg

Edited by Eli_6
  • Haha 3

We'll probably be doing some for DW's daycare cruise next year. We've also seen them on every cruise. I remember one family wore green t-shirts and the boarding photo was taken in front of a green screen, so their picture was all disembodied heads.

• Haha 1

We do, because I am extra lol. My mom and I have matching shirts and a matching magnet for our door. Last cruise my friends and I got the same shirts, but different colors. We're all Harry Potter fans, and all in different houses, so we got the colors of our houses. Etsy is my friend lol. 

8 hours ago, mmtska said:

We do, because I am extra lol. My mom and I have matching shirts and a matching magnet for our door. Last cruise my friends and I got the same shirts, but different colors. We're all Harry Potter fans, and all in different houses, so we got the colors of our houses. Etsy is my friend lol. 

Please not silver & green. Yes the only trivia i look for on the ship is Harry Potter.