Doing both Morning and Afternoon Tours on Bora Bora

SCCAcruiser

We will be on the PG from July 1 to July 12. For one of our two days in Bora Bora, I have booked a 4WD sightseeing tour which departs at 9:00 a.m. and lasts "approx. 3 hours".  Rather than having nothing arranged for the afternoon, I'm thinking of booking the Aqua Safari Introductory Helmet Dive which starts at 1:30 p.m.  I'm concerned though that with tending to the ship, we'd only have about 30 minutes to grab lunch and change, which of course is tight.  Any suggestions as to what else we could do that afternoon (we're doing the PG Lagoon Cruise and Polynesian Feast the other day)?  Thanks!

On 5/15/2023 at 8:01 AM, SCCAcruiser said:

We will be on the PG from July 1 to July 12. For one of our two days in Bora Bora, I have booked a 4WD sightseeing tour which departs at 9:00 a.m. and lasts "approx. 3 hours".  Rather than having nothing arranged for the afternoon, I'm thinking of booking the Aqua Safari Introductory Helmet Dive which starts at 1:30 p.m.  I'm concerned though that with tending to the ship, we'd only have about 30 minutes to grab lunch and change, which of course is tight.  Any suggestions as to what else we could do that afternoon (we're doing the PG Lagoon Cruise and Polynesian Feast the other day)?  Thanks!

I agree that could be tight, and it's even possible you won't have time to have lunch at all if you miss a tender. I think they only run every 30 minutes. 

Why not take the afternoon off and head to the PG's private motu? They don't have much in the way of amenities on the motu (unlike Motu Mahana), but it's a gorgeous beach and a nice way to spend an afternoon. I don't like to cram my cruises with too many excursions...time to relax is important as well!

Edited by Leejnd4

43 minutes ago, Leejnd4 said:

I agree that could be tight, and it's even possible you won't have time to have lunch at all if you miss a tender. I think they only run every 30 minutes. 

Why not take the afternoon off and head to the PG's private motu? They don't have much in the way of amenities on the motu (unlike Motu Mahana), but it's a gorgeous beach and a nice way to spend an afternoon. I don't like to cram my cruises with too many excursions...time to relax is important as well!

Yeah, if we don't find some other "unstructured" activity for the afternoon, we might just do that.  Do they run tenders directly from the ship to the PG motu?

6 hours ago, SCCAcruiser said:

Yeah, if we don't find some other "unstructured" activity for the afternoon, we might just do that.  Do they run tenders directly from the ship to the PG motu?

Yes they do! If I recall correctly, it's a separate tender from the one that goes to the town.