Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - May-21-26-2023

sid_9169

At 45 days prior to my sailing date I wanted to stay up until midnight to try and snag all of my preferred days and times for dining, however I failed at my attempt, and ended up trying the next morning when I got up. This turned out to be a mistake, as many of the times I wanted were taken by then. I booked The Wake, Razzle Dazzle, Extra Virgin, and Pink Agave for the first 4 nights, but the 5th night I was unable to secure anything at my preferred dining time, which leans towards the earlier hours due to my old age… I’m hoping to fix that once on board, as I have secured the earliest check in time for “non Rock Stars”, which is 1:30… We’ll see if this expedited boarding does anything when I arrive… My last couple of times, I ended up being among the very first “non Rock Stars” on board, due to knowing where to be, and placing myself there, as well as walking as swiftly as possible up the boarding tunnel. All those miles I walk after work every day at least paid off in some regard…

Screenshot_20230406-072417.thumb.png.d4b70ea3bb0c9b79013adcc16b659d3c.png

Screenshot_20230406-064117.thumb.png.214a0d32db94088e542e5ea748f9ef5c.png

Screenshot_20230406-064025.thumb.png.a35cc130bab6abef28f18e2cb8d9f8f9.png

Screenshot_20230406-063804.png

• Like 11

Speaking of Survivor... I applied for the show a couple of times. This was back when you had to actually make a video tape and mail it in... A few years later, I applied again when they had you upload your video direct (which took me hours and hours to figure out how to do)  I even grew out my facial hair to emulate what it might look like on the show... I think that I might still have a couple of pictures of the video... ... ...

(***Theme song to Jeopardy playing in the background...)

IMG_20200731_195435.thumb.jpg.543668bd4aa5ec85c3a9a62ae26a2cb7.jpg

IMG_20200731_195424.thumb.jpg.c0699d5a7b844d2515889a40e0ffa326.jpg

IMG_20200731_191457.jpg

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 24

2 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Speaking of Survivor... I applied for the show a couple of times. This was back when you had to actually make a video tape and mail it in... A few years later, I applied again when they had you upload your video direct (which took me hours and hours to figure out how to do)  I even grew out my facial hair to emulate what it might look like on the show... I think that I might still have a couple of pictures of the video... ... ...

(***Theme song to Jeopardy playing in the background...)

IMG_20200731_195435.thumb.jpg.543668bd4aa5ec85c3a9a62ae26a2cb7.jpg

IMG_20200731_195424.thumb.jpg.c0699d5a7b844d2515889a40e0ffa326.jpg

IMG_20200731_191457.jpg

I can definitely see you on Survivor! Except for the lack of bathrooms.  😁 

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

1 minute ago, ninjacat123 said:

Do you have proportions or do you eyeball your measurements?  Margaritas are so tasty when made correctly.

Just now, gd_at_sea said:

Following! Thanks for taking the time to do another live review. Could you post the ratios used for your famous margarita recipe?

The proportions are pretty simple, and you don't even need any special measuring device. 1 part orange liquor, 2 parts tequila (preferably decent reposado or anejo), 1 part freshly squeezed lime juice, and a very tiny smidgen of agave syrup... Shake vigorously with ice 47 times...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

The proportions are pretty simple, and you don't even need any special measuring device. 1 part orange liquor, 2 parts tequila (preferably decent reposado or anejo), 1 part freshly squeezed lime juice, and a very tiny smidgen of agave syrup... Shake vigorously with ice 47 times...

So you use Cointreau and Grand Marnier.  Both of those are in the 1 part orange liquor?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Ima going to the ABC liquor store tomorrow!😊

You won't regret it, Sid's margaritas are the best,  even if you have to manually squeeze the limes. It took me a while to realize just how little agave to use, but truly only a smidgen is needed.

• Like 3

G'Day Sid,

I always enjoy reading your reports and I am especially interested in this one as I am

booked on Resilient Lady for five nights out of Melbourne in December.

As a newly minted Sea Rover courtesy of Princess Elite, I have also been advised that

I will receive the Deep Blue Extras.

I know that this doesn't directly affect you, but I read this morning that Resilient will

have five new shows.

Safe travels and make sure that you do all the things you shouldn't.

• Like 5