Memorial Day sale, 4 category upgrade

shepherd really

According to my super-secret, can't name him, travel agent, a four-category upgrade sale starts today.  

My already booked South America cruise next February is included so I'll be moving on up (cue the Jefferson's theme) to the concierge side of life from a B3 for $100 pp less than my current fare.   

I will have to give up my extended balcony, but since this cruise goes through Drake's passage, I think a more midship location may be a prudent move.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the info. 
I cannot see it on the O site but I’ll keep checking. 
I’m assuming it won’t be for any Vista bookings though or do you think that’s  a possibility?

TY. 

When they have this type of sale, can one choose one's cabin/suite, or is it like hoping for an upgrade, one gets whatever might be available without knowing what the specific cabin will be?

And is there ever a way to use a sale like this to get from, say, a concierge cabin to a PH suite?  Or is there no jumping between categories like that?

Thanks!

GC

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

When they have this type of sale, can one choose one's cabin/suite, or is it like hoping for an upgrade, one gets whatever might be available without knowing what the specific cabin will be?

And is there ever a way to use a sale like this to get from, say, a concierge cabin to a PH suite?  Or is there no jumping between categories like that?

Thanks!

GC

Yes I think your TA  can  try to get  the  Cabin you want if available

I usually ask what  cabins are open

I like to choose my location

1 hour ago, dock said:

Thanks for the info. 
I cannot see it on the O site but I’ll keep checking. 
I’m assuming it won’t be for any Vista bookings though or do you think that’s  a possibility?

TY. 

It is on the home page on the Canadian  site

I am not sure  what Country  you are in but check O's website

There  are some VISTA  sailings listed

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GeezerCouple said:

I was told by Oceania that I couldn't upgrade to a PH. They said a concierge cabin was the highest I could upgrade to. It could be dependent on the particular cruise. This was several years ago and maybe things have changed.  It's at least worth asking about.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dock said:

It is now on the Cdn site,but neither of our Vista cruises🤷‍♀️. Thanks for the update. Appreciate it. 

Maybe put  your location in your profile   it can help get answers  that apply to your location

Even just "Canada"  will help

JMO

1 minute ago, davencl said:

I am on a South America Sailing Jan. 2024.  Just called to check. 4 category upgrade offer does not include Penthouse Suites.

Sometimes Penthouses are sold out so nothing available to upgrade to.....

Does anyone know if the four category upgrade is combinable with the Extraordinary Savings fare deal?  

When I tried to do a mock online booking, 18 different fares came up for the same category stateroom.  There were separate fares listed for Extraordinary Savings vs. Memorial Day sale, with the Memorial day sale being priced much higher.  As such, I suspect they are not combinable.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sunlover12 said:

I was told by Oceania that I couldn't upgrade to a PH. They said a concierge cabin was the highest I could upgrade to. It could be dependent on the particular cruise. This was several years ago and maybe things have changed.  It's at least worth asking about.

Thanks.

I figured that wouldn't be possible.

However, I would have hated to find out much later that perhaps we *could* have done that.

Thanks.

GC

7 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

Thanks.

I figured that wouldn't be possible.

However, I would have hated to find out much later that perhaps we *could* have done that.

Thanks.

GC

Call your TA or O  & check

it is the only way to know for sure 😉

43 minutes ago, basor said:

Sometimes Penthouses are sold out so nothing available to upgrade to.....

In this case PH1, PH2, and PH3 were all available.  It's my understanding in some past sales upgrade to PH3 was possible.

Edited by davencl

2 hours ago, davencl said:

In this case PH1, PH2, and PH3 were all available.  It's my understanding in some past sales upgrade to PH3 was possible.

The common upgrades are Inside to OV, OV to B, B to A. Sometimes A to PH is available and when it is, it's often the most bang for your buck.

3 hours ago, cruiserchuck said:

Does anyone know if the four category upgrade is combinable with the Extraordinary Savings fare deal?  

When I tried to do a mock online booking, 18 different fares came up for the same category stateroom.  There were separate fares listed for Extraordinary Savings vs. Memorial Day sale, with the Memorial day sale being priced much higher.  As such, I suspect they are not combinable.  

The Extraordinary Sale is about as restricted as it gets (combinable with 2-for-1 Deposits and Oceania Club Loyalty Benefits...and nothing else). O sales cannot usually be stacked anyway.

I find this sale just as confusing this year as I did last year. When I go in to do a mock booking, the prices seem no different for most of the sailings. I saw a couple where all the cabins in a particular class were the same (A1-A4, for example). Is this just another marketing ploy like 2 for 1 pricing?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LabMom57 said:

I find this sale just as confusing this year as I did last year. When I go in to do a mock booking, the prices seem no different for most of the sailings. I saw a couple where all the cabins in a particular class were the same (A1-A4, for example). Is this just another marketing ploy like 2 for 1 pricing?

I would  call your TA or O  if you book direct   a lot less confusing than trying to figure out the  marketing madness of Oceania

JMO

3 hours ago, LabMom57 said:

If all of the cabins in A are the same price then if you book an A4 you are upgraded to an A1....also you will often see an ocean view priced the same as a verandah or a verandah priced the same as the Concierge Verandah.....it is pretty clear when you look at the pricing....it states "up to a 4 category upgrade" and that is what you find in the pricing.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LabMom57 said:

It's a real sale and one of the best that regularly occur. If you compare the cabin prices showing online now to the presale price, they are less than they were before the sale (old catalogs can show you the presale price). If you are looking at an O-ship, the on-sale A cabins will be priced like B cabins were before the sale. Sometimes the savings is only a couple of hundred dollars, but I've also seen savings over $1000, so it varies widely.

5 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

It's a real sale and one of the best that regularly occur. If you compare the cabin prices showing online now to the presale price, they are less than they were before the sale (old catalogs can show you the presale price). If you are looking at an O-ship, the on-sale A cabins will be priced like B cabins were before the sale. Sometimes the savings is only a couple of hundred dollars, but I've also seen savings over $1000, so it varies widely.

Thanks for the clarity. It looks like some of the trips are indeed better than others. The one I'm interested in just isn't one of the really good deals, unfortunately! I appreciate the information though. 🙂

2 hours ago, LabMom57 said:

Thanks for the clarity. It looks like some of the trips are indeed better than others. The one I'm interested in just isn't one of the really good deals, unfortunately! I appreciate the information though. 🙂

Just keep checking 

another sale will come along   sooner than later 😉

On 5/24/2023 at 12:12 PM, AMHuntFerry said:

The Extraordinary Sale is about as restricted as it gets (combinable with 2-for-1 Deposits and Oceania Club Loyalty Benefits...and nothing else). O sales cannot usually be stacked anyway.

I checked with my travel agent, and he confirmed that the Extraordinary sale is not combinable with the four category upgrade.  So I am sticking with the Extraordinary sale deal.