NORWEGIAN O‘AHU EXPLORER CRUISETOUR

vadersprincess12

19 hours ago, vadersprincess12 said:

Has anyone done this O'ahu Explorer Cruisetour with Norwegian?  Wondering if it was a good representation of Hawaii. 

It's covering a lot of the major highlights. Polynesian Cultural Center, North Shore, Pearl Harbor etc, and then the cruise. If you like organized tours this will be appealing. However there is nothing that they offer that you couldn't easily do on your own, at your own pace, and with the flexibility to deviate. 

Personally I would rent a car for a day and do the North Shore, Dole Plantation, PCC and then spend a couple days on Waikiki where I could Uber over to Pearl Harbor and then spend some time on the beach. I would find the constraints of an organized tour to be too much. 

I'm assuming you're looking at the cruise whether or not you do the Oahu tour at the beginning?

6 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

Personally I would rent a car for a day and do the North Shore, Dole Plantation, PCC and then spend a couple days on Waikiki where I could Uber over to Pearl Harbor and then spend some time on the beach. I would find the constraints of an organized tour to be too much. 

Ditto to this. I don't know how much time you have, but adding more time in Oahu on your own would also be my recommendation. You're going to spend a lot of time sitting on and getting on and off a bus and it's super simple to rent a car for the day and head to the North Shore. If you want to go on a tour, you should be able to find a small bus tour of Oahu, probably through Roberts Hawaii (who likely or not is the actual tour operator on this anyway). Looks like they still offer a circle island tour. Long day, and wouldn't go to the Polynesian Cultural Center, but you'll see (briefly) a lot of the island and you can buy tickets and transportation to the PCC all over Waikiki (or online before you arrive) if you decide to go.