On board account

di T

Hi Guys, we are ready to sail our first cruise with Oceania.

We are on Nautica is it possible to view your onboard account via the tv in your stateroom. Sorry if this has been asked before

1 hour ago, di T said:

We are on Nautica is it possible to view your onboard account via the tv in your stateroom. Sorry if this has been asked before

yes, it is available on the TV.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, di T said:

Yes.

On your way to seeing the transactions, you'll have to select one of you, to see the other's, you need to select "LOGOUT" and then select the other's name.  (or at least that was the way it was on Regatta this month)

2 hours ago, Snaefell3 said:

Yes.

On your way to seeing the transactions, you'll have to select one of you, to see the other's, you need to select "LOGOUT" and then select the other's name.  (or at least that was the way it was on Regatta this month)

So do they show each person in the cabin  as a separate  account??

12 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

So do they show each person in the cabin  as a separate  account??

Each seacard/subaccount SBC, transactions, etc. separately -- and IIRC an full-account total at the bottom (just deleted photos of the display this morning so I'm going by memory on that last).

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, shepherd really said:

yes, it is available on the TV.

That’s good to know, nearly every cruise I’ve been on does show your account on the tv.We like to keep track of transactions so hopefully no nasty surprises!Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Oceania does everything possible to make it unnecessarily confusing on your account. I haven’t a clue why. Good Luck with it.

Can you please give details of what you found confusing wen viewing your account on the TV so we can be prepared for this - we have not found it confusing in the past so perhaps O has changed up viewing the account on the TV.  TIA

5 minutes ago, basor said:

Can you please give details of what you found confusing wen viewing your account on the TV so we can be prepared for this - we have not found it confusing in the past so perhaps O has changed up viewing the account on the TV.  TIA

I prepaid months in advance for my O shorex, La Reserve (2), and Privee. On my credit card, paid, past history . Then it all reappears on your onboard account showing the daily charges. Of course, later in the account, there are the credits for the payments, but the individual payments never align with credits. Since YWYW discounts got applied to all tours after a couple later bookings, this made things even more complex.

To me, if it a new charge, while onboard the ship, it should show on your onboard account. No reason to dredge up and clutter the statement with purchases already made and paid for pre-cruise.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

I prepaid months in advance for my O shorex, La Reserve (2), and Privee. On my credit card, paid, past history . Then it all reappears on your onboard account showing the daily charges. Of course, later in the account, there are the credits for the payments, but the individual payments never align with credits. Since YWYW discounts got applied to all tours after a couple later bookings, this made things even more complex.

To me, if it a new charge, while onboard the ship, it should show on your onboard account. No reason to dredge up and clutter the statement with purchases already made and paid for pre-cruise.

Thanks for the clarification

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Uhh...  For us, there was every reason.  What was screwed up was a failure to set up our shipboard folio with a bunch of pre-voyage stuff, including stockholders' SBC.

I suppose they have to separate into sub-accounts for those who are traveling with a friend and each paying with a different credit card, but posting the adjustment for my DW's missing SBC onto my sub-account instead of hers did make it "unnecessarily confusing"  ;^)

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Simply stated, Oceana's accounting for passenger charges is archaic, confusing and designed to  facilitate accounting by the various departments (shore ex, F&B, etc)- not the passenger. 

A classic example is shore excursions where dozens of passengers will inundate the shore ex department asking why charges they paid pre-cruise are now appearing as charges on their on-board statements. I have witnessed questioning numerous times. And unfortunately many of the shore excursion staff are incapable of explaining the accounting system which only adds to the confusion. Staff  has to try and convince  passengers to wait until the end of the cruise when credits magically appear that will zero out the charges reflected several days previously.

The bottom line is  Oceana's  on board passenger accounting for shore excursions is a nightmare almost equal to trying to figure out voyage pricing with the Olife options.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dwtlion said:

Simply stated, Oceana's accounting for passenger charges is archaic, confusing and designed to  facilitate accounting by the various departments (shore ex, F&B, etc)- not the passenger. 

A classic example is shore excursions where dozens of passengers will inundate the shore ex department asking why charges they paid pre-cruise are now appearing as charges on their on-board statements. I have witnessed questioning numerous times. And unfortunately many of the shore excursion staff are incapable of explaining the accounting system which only adds to the confusion. Staff  has to try and convince  passengers to wait until the end of the cruise when credits magically appear that will zero out the charges reflected several days previously.

The bottom line is  Oceana's  on board passenger accounting for shore excursions is a nightmare almost equal to trying to figure out voyage pricing with the Olife options.

If you ever go west to Asheville or we meet on board, I'll buy you a drink just for this post.   Saved me so much typing.