Cruise log?

Scorpio41

What happened to the cruise logs? This is our first cruise since covid, I can only assume it’s one of the many cut backs they’ve made. It would have been nice to receive on as we were onboard for the kings coronation. 

I've been on a couple of P&O cruises post-Covid and, IIRC, I don't think any had cruise logs. I do miss them, even if the log for the last 12-24 hours obviously had to be written in advance, so was what should have happened rather than necessarily what did happen (though it would be very unusual for it not to be the same).

• Like 1

It’s a shame if they have gone. As I mentioned on another thread, I keep a pack of memorabilia from each cruise we have been on, and the cruise log has always been a nice summary of the voyage. 

• Like 2

You had me very confused when I read this thread title. I only re-started cruising with P&O, as a Solo, in 2021 after covid had ended.

I have just dug out details of a cruise I took on Oceana in 2009 with my late wife:

"Your cruise log

A day by day log of your cruise"

It reads: 

In command

Captain David Perkins

"The Log of the cruise is an extract from the Deck Department's logbook on the bridge compiled by the navigating officers"

Etc.

Edited by GOQ
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

It’s a shame if they have gone. As I mentioned on another thread, I keep a pack of memorabilia from each cruise we have been on, and the cruise log has always been a nice summary of the voyage. 

We had amassed a whole library of cruise memorabilia/rubbish which sadly all went in the bin when we downsized. But since we no longer remember everything it turns out that we don't miss it. 🙄😉

• Haha 5

We kept ours for every cruise .Nice to look back on .I am all for saving printing costs and oaper to keep costs down .Why not put a day by day on the app or something so we could down load it if you wanted to keep a copy .Maybe to much to ask and wouldn't work 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, binman2 said:

We kept ours for every cruise .Nice to look back on .I am all for saving printing costs and oaper to keep costs down .Why not put a day by day on the app or something so we could down load it if you wanted to keep a copy .Maybe to much to ask and wouldn't work 

The non app is just a Web page on the ship's intranet. Therefore, would not be accessible once off the ship.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, binman2 said:

We kept ours as well, along with menus.

During lockdown I scanned them all and re-cycled.  I like the idea of having an electronic version of the cruise log and menus.

Not getting a cruise log seems strange as we got one after our 35 day Caribbean and USA  trip on Ventura in March this year.  Maybe it depends on which ship or which Captain as to whether one is produced?