ONE DAY IN BERMUDA - ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS

biegens

1 hour ago, biegens said:

We have one day 8am - 4pm in Bermuda.  What do you recommend doing for the day?  

Thank you!

I suggest and island tour. Heidi Cowan https://www.bermudabyways.comdoes a good tour but you could also do a taxi tour. 

Other than an island tour my suggestions would vary with day of week and what cruise line you have booked and what month. If you are there this summer a top suggestion would be a beach, Horseshoe Bay. 

36 minutes ago, biegens said:

We will be there Saturday, June 17, 2023

Okay. If you like beaches then it would be a good day to go to Horseshoe Bay. You can take a minibus shuttle or a taxi. 

Or you could do water excursions. If you are interest in some thing like that check out the Island Tour Centre. https://www.islandtourcentre.com 

You could take a ferry to Hamilton. There are shops, pubs, parks and Fort Hamilton. 

On 5/30/2023 at 10:22 AM, biegens said:

We have one day 8am - 4pm in Bermuda.  What do you recommend doing for the day?  

Thank you!

You like the beach ?

You like history ?

You like nature ?

What are you looking for ?

• Like 1

On 5/30/2023 at 11:34 AM, Charles4515 said:

you could also do a taxi tour. 

Apologies for jumping in on someone else's thread--but can you give more info on how to find taxi tours from Royal Navy Dockyard please?  We'll be in port on a TA in November '23.  I'd like to hire a taxi to drive the two of us, making a few stops along the way, to St. George's.  (Gibbs Hill lighthouse, a pink beach--maybe Horseshoe, The Swizzle Inn for a rum swizzle).  After spending some time in St. George's, figure out how to get to Hamiton (suggestions?) for a short time, then ferry over to the Dockyard.  We'll be in port from 8am - 4pm.

Is this do-able?

THANKS!!!

2 hours ago, scrabble6 said:

Apologies for jumping in on someone else's thread--but can you give more info on how to find taxi tours from Royal Navy Dockyard please?  We'll be in port on a TA in November '23.  I'd like to hire a taxi to drive the two of us, making a few stops along the way, to St. George's.  (Gibbs Hill lighthouse, a pink beach--maybe Horseshoe, The Swizzle Inn for a rum swizzle).  After spending some time in St. George's, figure out how to get to Hamiton (suggestions?) for a short time, then ferry over to the Dockyard.  We'll be in port from 8am - 4pm.

Is this do-able?

THANKS!!!

When you get off the ship there are are different zones designated for island taxi tours, beach shuttles and minibus island tours. Unless they changed it this year the map I attached should be good. The zones have signs. Zone 3 for taxi tours. There are also coordinators there to help. The taxi tours are a minimum of 3 hours, $50 an hour for the taxi. There are a number of ways you could do it.  You could do all you mentioned you would like to do by booking the taxi tour for the whole day. Or you could end the taxi tour at the Swizzle Inn then take a taxi or bus to St. George’s. Spend time in St. George and take a taxi or bus to Hamilton. Or end the taxi tour in St. George and then take a taxi or bus to the Swizzle Inn and from the Swizzle take a taxi or bus to Hamilton. The taxi tour driver would probably have some advice. What day of the week will you be in Bermuda?

IMG_0075.png

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

Wow!  Thanks so much for this great information--SO very helpful!  We'll be there on a Wednesday mid November.

I have one other quick question if you have any thoughts on this:  do the afternoon ferries from Hamiton to the Dockyard reach capacity, causing people to be turned away?  There are 2 large ships in port that day leaving at 3pm and 4pm.  So I'm wondering if we need to plan for long queues or even possibly being turned away from the 1:30 ferry?  According to the schedule the next ferry isn't until 3:15.

12 minutes ago, scrabble6 said:

I have one other quick question if you have any thoughts on this:  do the afternoon ferries from Hamiton to the Dockyard reach capacity, causing people to be turned away?

Typically not in mid November. During the summer, when there are more land based tourists on the island, ferries can get tight but filling to capacity isn't usual. 

If for some reason it did you could always grab a taxi from Hamilton quite easily-- granted its about 45 minutes in the car and will cost much more, but better than missing the ship. 

But you should not have an issue with the ferry being full in November. 

22 hours ago, scrabble6 said:

Wow!  Thanks so much for this great information--SO very helpful!  We'll be there on a Wednesday mid November.

I have one other quick question if you have any thoughts on this:  do the afternoon ferries from Hamiton to the Dockyard reach capacity, causing people to be turned away?  There are 2 large ships in port that day leaving at 3pm and 4pm.  So I'm wondering if we need to plan for long queues or even possibly being turned away from the 1:30 ferry?  According to the schedule the next ferry isn't until 3:15.

I never had a problem with the ferries reaching capacity from Hamilton. I arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled departure. They were using a very large ferry on that route. Don't know if they are using that one this year. The only time a ferry reached capacity was once from St. George and that was before NCL was doing their private ferry to St. George. 

21 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

If for some reason it did you could always grab a taxi from Hamilton quite easily-- granted its about 45 minutes in the car and will cost much more, but better than missing the ship. 

There are also two bus routes the #7 and #8 that take about 60 minutes .