Quest Accessibility

Ccohen314

My travel mate has a mobility handicap.  He uses a scooter and we have an accessible cabin.  How accessible is Seabourn Quest and will there be any areas that he will not be able to access?  We were on Regent Splendor last March and he could not go to the gym, there were steps, and he had difficulty getting to the pool deck because the doors were closed and the ramp under the doors had a sizable gap.  Also, the elevators were very close to the stairs so exiting the elevator in reverse was dangerous. Anything to worry about on Seabourn?

Thanks.

I can't answer about accessibility of moving around by scooter, but will comment on the doors leading in and out of the pool area and other decks to the outside.  They are very heavy.  I broke my elbow onshore while on a cruise on the Quest and the ship's doctor (he was a sweetie but has since retired) put a temporary cast on it.  I had a great deal of difficulty opening the doors with just one arm and would have to wait for someone to walk by to open the doors for me.  

Jackie