CCL stock - great response

JPH814

At 10:30 this morning I sent an email to seabourn asking to apply the stockholder’s credit to my September sailing.  By 2:30 I received an email telling me the on board credit was applied to my account. 

Good job Seabourn!  

• Like 6

Also received the reply within 24 hours

============

Thank you for contacting Seabourn regarding your Carnival Shareholder benefit.

Seabourn has applied the shipboard credit amount of $250.00 each to your reservation CJ and CL, and it will be credited to your onboard account upon embarkation.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. 

35 minutes ago, Reef Knot said:

Is a Jan 24 sailing too far out to ask for this credit,  ie should I wait until near the time?

From previous requests I remember a 3 month maximum to put in a request but maybe it has changed? For our cruise in the Fall I plan to apply in July.

1 hour ago, frantic36 said:

From previous requests I remember a 3 month maximum to put in a request but maybe it has changed? For our cruise in the Fall I plan to apply in July.

Yup, that makes sense. I'll wait till later in the year to apply for this.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2023 at 2:42 AM, Reef Knot said:

Is a Jan 24 sailing too far out to ask for this credit,  ie should I wait until near the time?

We have Seabourn cruises next week, also October 2023 and February 2024. I made a request for all those and it was quickly approved. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Shipless in Seattle said:

This has been the best little deal ever. Bought the stock in the toilet last year at $6.90. It’s tripled in value AND we’ve received $750 so far in SBCs. I hope they extend to next year cruises. Kent

I, on the other hand, bought in spring 2021 as cruising was about to resume. CCL stock was around $30 — far off its highest in the upper $60s a few years prior, so seemingly poised to move upward as the industry recovered. Instead, it sank to under $10! My three Seabourn cruises since then have earned back only a portion of my (paper) loss on the stock, so we need to keep cruising to get to break even! 🤣

14 hours ago, cruiseej said:

I, on the other hand, bought in spring 2021 as cruising was about to resume. CCL stock was around $30 — far off its highest in the upper $60s a few years prior, so seemingly poised to move upward as the industry recovered. Instead, it sank to under $10! My three Seabourn cruises since then have earned back only a portion of my (paper) loss on the stock, so we need to keep cruising to get to break even! 🤣

Ouch. I rarely buy individual stocks just that reason, instead just cheap index funds. I figured for $690 for 100 shares it was a good bet given the SBC program. CCL is sitting on so much debt from the pandemic which likely is what drove the price so low. I’d hang onto the stock as cruising is seeing strong demand.