Can you benefit from "Latitudes featured cruises" after you book?

fcccruiser

My family is booked on a NCL cruise this summer.  When we booked it, it wasn't one of the latitudes extra point cruises, but now it is. I don't know if I will automatically get extra points, could get extra points but need to do something or have no chance at getting extra points.  Because of my lack of experience, I would be interested in the collective experience and wisdom of this group on what I can or should do.  To be clear, I don't feel I am entitled to extra points as I happily booked it before extra points were offered, and I won't shift into  "vacation ruined" mode if I don't them, but if there is something I could do now to get some extra points I would be happy to have them.

Thanks for any help!

You get the points in effect when you book.  If you change your booking, you get whatever points and perks that you would get if you were doing a new booking.  After the final payment date, you can't make changes without penalty - so no, you won't get the current offer.  Summer cruises are past final payment date at this point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shof515 said:

yes. you will need to contact ncl directly or your travel agent to add the correct promo codes for the extra points to your booking

Not happening after final payment date.

3 hours ago, shof515 said:

yes. you will need to contact ncl directly or your travel agent to add the correct promo codes for the extra points to your booking

This is not correct information.

5 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

This is not correct information.

Yep if after final too late if before final I believe it’s a cancel/ rebook at current pricing and perks at least that’s been my experience

from what I have read in the " fine print", the extra latitude points only applies to new bookings.  IMO, that means you cannot add the etyma points to your existing reservation, unless you cancel and the re-book with the new lattitudes points promo.    You can try talking to agent, but most likely they MAY give you an extra OBC.  I have an eye on a 2025 cruise, and once they give extra points, Im going to put a deposit.

1 hour ago, 9tee2Sea said:

from what I have read in the " fine print", the extra latitude points only applies to new bookings.  IMO, that means you cannot add the etyma points to your existing reservation, unless you cancel and the re-book with the new lattitudes points promo.    You can try talking to agent, but most likely they MAY give you an extra OBC.  I have an eye on a 2025 cruise, and once they give extra points, Im going to put a deposit.

The difference is between making a change BEFORE or AFTER the final payment due date.  Before final payment, you can change your reservation (technically a rebook in the NCL system but you retain your reservation #, payments, excursions, etc.).  Believe me, I have done this dozens of times.  You get whatever perks are in effect at the time you make the adjustments - sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.  The only issue I've ever had was with an onboard CN consultant that wouldn't make a change unless there was a price difference as well.

After final payment (which is the situation with the OP) you basically cannot change your reservation without penalty. Certainly not to adjust points.

9 minutes ago, julig22 said:

The difference is between making a change BEFORE or AFTER the final payment due date.  Before final payment, you can change your reservation (technically a rebook in the NCL system but you retain your reservation #, payments, excursions, etc.).  Believe me, I have done this dozens of times.  You get whatever perks are in effect at the time you make the adjustments - sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.  The only issue I've ever had was with an onboard CN consultant that wouldn't make a change unless there was a price difference as well.

After final payment (which is the situation with the OP) you basically cannot change your reservation without penalty. Certainly not to adjust points.

that is what i was saying.  I guess i just thought that everyone knows you can't make changes after final payment.  Hence the name...Final payment ( final...the end. done deal. no change)

I've dealt with this.  There was a time when they added LATDBLX promo to all new 2023 bookings.  I had several already booked.  I called and was assured that it would be automatically added to all my cruises and I wouldn't have to do anything.  Did I believe it?  Of course not.  I just rebooked/cancelled all but one, and received new invoices indicating LATDBLX.  There was one that I couldn't do this because the rooms had reverted to "guarantee" vs. letting me select a cabin.  I've already sailed two of the affected cruises?  Guess what?  The one I rebooked/cancelled earned the extra point.  The other?  Of course not.  When it comes to these bonus point offers, don't believe anything that a) an NCL agent or TA tells you or b) what other posters claim (most just believe the NCL agents and never report back).

2 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I've dealt with this.  There was a time when they added LATDBLX promo to all new 2023 bookings.  I had several already booked.  I called and was assured that it would be automatically added to all my cruises and I wouldn't have to do anything.  Did I believe it?  Of course not.  I just rebooked/cancelled all but one, and received new invoices indicating LATDBLX.  There was one that I couldn't do this because the rooms had reverted to "guarantee" vs. letting me select a cabin.  I've already sailed two of the affected cruises?  Guess what?  The one I rebooked/cancelled earned the extra point.  The other?  Of course not.  When it comes to these bonus point offers, don't believe anything that a) an NCL agent or TA tells you or b) what other posters claim (most just believe the NCL agents and never report back).

For future reference, you do not normally have to actually cancel, just revise.  I know it works if there is a price adjustment, can't recall if I've ever just added points.  But there are several good reasons to NOT cancel a reservation if you just want to make a price/promo adjustment or you want a different cruise.  If you keep your reservation, you keep the booking date which can affect certain things (DSC price changes for one).  Plus you keep the applied payments and FAS choices, as well as any booked excursions and reservations (if the same sailing).  And yes, you can also move sail dates and retain your original reservation # & booking date, although that one often gets a NO from inexperienced reps.

Changes to promos/perks are NEVER automatically applied to an existing reservation.  Your reservation has to be manually changed.

8 minutes ago, julig22 said:

For future reference, you do not normally have to actually cancel, just revise.  I know it works if there is a price adjustment, can't recall if I've ever just added points. 

That was the "problem."  There had been no price changes so it wasn't a reprice situation.  The NCL agents were consistently of the opinion that it would automatically be added, so they weren't willing to try a rebook at the same price.  It was ultimately easier for me to just do that myself.  The deposit refunds hit my credit card before the new deposits, so nothing of concern in that area.  I believe that I had four cruises affected, and it was only the one that had reverted to "guarantee" room selection that I was unable to add the extra point promo to.  I was a non-issue.  It didn't delay my "promotion" from Platinum to Sapphire and, as most of us know, beyond that the points don't matter much since the diamond and ambassador perks are one time only things.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I was a non-issue.  It didn't delay my "promotion" from Platinum to Sapphire and, as most of us know, beyond that the points don't matter much since the diamond and ambassador perks are one time only things.

LOL - 7 points from Diamond, my next cruise (7days) is 4x points, so all those extra points (which the CN rep on my last cruise insisted didn't exist) won't matter.  Seriously doubt I'll ever get to Ambassador.

And even the one-time upgrade isn't that great of a benefit for me, I already get upgrades by using my NCL card.

• Like 2