Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jfeasel

Just back from 3 day Fascination

Hubby and I went on the Fascination over Memorial Day weekend. We've cruised before, but never on Carnival. I now know why it's called the Fun Ship. There was a good mix of ages from babies to seniors, but the crowd was much more rowdy than Disney or Royal Caribbean. We had a really good time, but the food was awful. I wrote that on my comment card. The salad selection at lunch and dinner was minimal, mostly bagged salad with nothing fancy. I ordered fish and chips one day at lunch and got fish sticks (like they were just out of the box). Tomatoes were not ripe. Best meal was breakfast. Our head waiter was efficient, but not very friendly. We never met our cabin steward.

The cabin was bigger than the one I had on Royal Caribbean, but it was showing wear. The beadspread was fraying and towels were in dire need of replacement. I also thought the inside colors of the ship of salmon, silver and black made the ship seem dark inside.

I did have a great hot stone massage.

I highly recommend carrying your luggage with you when you disembark. That way, you don't have to put your luggage out at night and you didn't have to look for it when you got off.

We liked cruising over Memorial Day, but next time we'll pick a different line.

Julie

Lewis Center, OH

Independence (American Hawaii) '87

Seaward (Norweign) '89

Magic (DCL) '00

Monarch of the Seas (RCL) '02

Magic (DCL) '03

Fascination (Carnival) '04