"LIVE" from the Century / 03-19-06

Radio

Thanks for the great report. We we be on the Centruy in Sept our first time. I just dont understand why they are taking the T-pool out. We just loved it on the Summint.

We hope that it will still be there after the dry dock! Just can't find it on the deck plans! :(

It is an entirely different experience on the Century class ships. The pool is much smaller and it's located within the spa. The jets are stronger and there is one section at the end that you actually have to pull yourself into because the jets are coming from all directions, including the floor! Wonderful!! :p

Unfortunately the T-Pool will be a casualty of the revitalization.....

Updated spa facilities - more like those on M-Class ships will be taking most of the space where the T-Pool is now.

WOW that is a shame. I guess it is good I am going on the Century in a week so I will be able to enjoy it.

Radio:

I am so glad to see you are posting live reports from Century. Our kids are on Century. They posted on your Roll Call thread as JenandRich. Hope you meet up with them. She is very beautiful so very hard to miss and he is our good looking son.

They have called us twice and sent one photo of Jennifer with a Costa ship in the background. They were impressed with embarkation said it only took about two minutes. So glad they had Champagne greeting. They are impressed with the atrium, the burgers by the pool deck (Rich's favorite) and they said their cabin is very nice. Life boat drill in 45 minutes.

It will be nice to keep up with your cruise through this thread.

CruisinCJ ~ we sail Celebrity and RCI pretty interchangably. I'd liken Century to the Radiance class ships altho the Radiance class ships are newer. Once Century comes out of dry dock, I think they'll be very comparable. The Radiance class ships and the Century class ships are probably our favorites. I think you'd enjoy Celebrity if you enjoy RCI. Can't wait to hear what Radio thinks.

Anne..... DH and I have sailed on the last three classes of RCI and loved the Radiance class size. Nice to know what to compare the Century to in size and class.

Mitzsea

Helo everyone.....I made it onboard. Check In was painless....I arrived at the terminal by 10:30am. I dropped off my luggage, parked my car, took the shuttle back and was in line by 10:45.

I used my eXpress Check In Pass in the Elite Line and was whisked onboard by 10:55. It was beautiful ! ! Perfect.

I will post pics as long as I can keep a connection. I am posting now through VZW Mobile Office Kit, but will be forced to use Celebrity On-Line at seas via WiFi.

I was on this ship when new in 1996. I will discuss later, but for now ....this ship is very very beautiful.

Welcome Aboard !!

Radio

First Look at Century

56687746-9ce9-028001E0-.jpg

Empty Passenger Terminal

56687785-ebb0-028001E0-.jpg

Almost There....

56687806-719d-028001E0-.jpg

Panarama Deck Starboard Oustside Cabin

56687832-58a0-028001E0-.jpg

56687816-3e7a-028001E0-.jpg

More pics to come later....

Ewwww... I hope they intend on cleaning the t-pool. Yuck. Thanks for the pix.

Yeah it looked pretty rough... There was alot of rust and corrosion.....

I'm sure it looks better when filled. But they will be removing it in a few weeks.

By the way...many people have asked about the pricing.

Here it is: Daily $20.00 7Nt Cruise $89.00 Free for Suites and Elite Members...

Will try to post again tonight....

Radio

T-Pool Area

56687358-1f82-028001E0-.jpg

Setting up the Showcase (Expo-Raffle)

56687268-4319-028001E0-.jpg

Rendez-Vous Square

56692310-7971-028001E0-.jpg

Tasting / Cafe Tables in Grand Foyer

56687222-234c-028001E0-.jpg

Infinity...1st Ship to leave at 3:45PM

56692303-0f15-028001E0-.jpg

Hello Everyone...We just left port exactly at 4PM.....We are sailing to Montego Bay, Jamaica (775 nm). We should be there by 11AM....I'm not sure if we have to change our clocks though...Here are a few pics

Thanks for tuning in.....

Radio

Jewel of the Seas

56695040-65c3-028001E0-.jpg

Costa Mediterrania

56695020-1d85-028001E0-.jpg

Sun Princess

56695008-7890-028001E0-.jpg

Fort Lauderdale Beach

56695054-f39c-028001E0-.jpg

Radio ~ you are making us all jealous! Have a wonderful evening...looking forward to hearing more!

Ocn ~ I'm with you. The T-pool reminded me of the pool on Zenith last week. :( Hopefully, this is the only area that Radio will see in this condition.

Unfortunately the T-Pool will be a casualty of the revitalization.....

Updated spa facilities - more like those on M-Class ships will be taking most of the space where the T-Pool is now.

Where can I find official confirmation of this? So many of us have been wondering, but have seen nothing "official" as to the demise of the T-pool.

Where did I miss a picture of the T-pool? :confused:

Century 041 and Century 042

You probably didn't recognize it because there's no water in the pool.

Pretty scrungy looking.

JUST THE WAY WE LEFT HER 24 HOURS AGO!!!! I am going thru cruise withdrawl! I can say we saw the T-pool empty on the day of embarkation and it was in SAD shape! ALso was informed by the Aqua Spa attendant that the price was $20 per visit, not per day - and that once you left, your visit was over, regardless if you came back the same day or not.

Condition of the boat was wonderful in my opinion. they had already started on some dry dock "light duty" cleaning, repairs, etc. so there were a lot of repairmen around, etc. but you'd never guess the boat was almost 10 yrs old, as the crew was continuously cleaning, etc.

I must also comment that this was my 7th cruse, first with Celebity, and the crew/staff was the nicest I have ever encountered! You could not pass by anyone without a hello ma'am, have a nice day, etc. They were always so polite and eager to please - from our room steward to waiters, bartenders, etc. I cannot say enough good things about this cruise. Food was phenomenal to say the least. Variety and quality was above and beyond the usual cruise standard. I would sail them again in a heartbeat!

So glad to read so many favorable things about Century. This is our kids first cruise on X and we sure want them to like it. They have only done two HAL cruises so far so we are anxious to see how they compare both lines.

Archived