Destiny broke a propeller

dorothyl

Now granted this is third hand from a relative of my co-worker who is on the ship (and has been known to misunderstand things).

She was told that the problem had something to do with a rudder?!?!

Also said they had to turn around and head back to Aruba shortly after they had departed there due to a passenger with a broken leg.

Granted, probably as reliable as the "telephone game", but interesting none the less.

In 2004 in Dec. We had a shaft brake on the Century. Of course don't know the details but we miss Cozumel and headed back to Ft. Lauderdale the slow way. But when we got in to port. They had people really to go to work on the shaft. We whatch it from the top decks.

They where going to be working all night long. To make sure they could sail the next day. It was during Christmas time. So at that time it was a problem they could fix at the dock. May be the same for Destiny.

Kim

I sent an email to "Events at sea"

According to a message at Cruise Critic *(me)*, the ship was supposed to dock at 7 AM today in San Juan but are limping back because of a broken propeller -- it won't arrive until evening. Embarking passengers are being advised that the ship will begin boarding at 8:30 PM (but pax should call on Sunday to re-verify).

from

http://www.cruisejunkie.com/events.html

1. Ship to shore radio

2. Internet

3. Satallite cell phone

4. Teletype

5. Telagraph

6. Western union

7. Smoke signals

8. Semafore

I can't beleive the ship is in constant contact with headquarters

Derf,

Not Western Union....they only do money orders now. They can't help unless the engine gang didn't get paid. Then Uncle Bob could wire them some money.

Mark T

And this got moved to the Disney board because...???

OK, OK,,,,,,,,,,,sue me........I was out til 3am (I know imagine that):rolleyes: and someone reported this as "should be on destiny board".......ok....Destiny and Disney look the same when one has been overserved.......BUT...it's back on Carnival now....forgive?:confused:

Rumours abound! It would appear the problem could be anything from a rudder, to a propeller, to a broken leg (a passenger, not the ship). I guess we just have to wait til someone gets home or until Kate gets on board. Maybe dorothyl will come back once the family returns?

We may never know what really happened but as long as she sets out on April 02 with DH & me on it, I may not even care!!

OK, OK,,,,,,,,,,,sue me........I was out til 3am (I know imagine that):rolleyes: and someone reported this as "should be on destiny board".......ok....Destiny and Disney look the same when one has been overserved.......BUT...it's back on Carnival now....forgive?:confused:

All is forgiven. We could never stay mad at you! ;)

What's that all about?

Ok.....the host kinky nickname came from the wild things I do.......lol.....No let me be completely honest!........lol (my best Austin Powers voice)......A few years ago we were having electrical problems due to storms and the transformer was hit by lightening behind my house.......the electricity was out for days and I had to go to "Kinkos" to log on to CC....thus someone named me "Host Kinky".....and that is the truth.......NOT that there's anything WRONG with the first thing I said! :p

Good afternoon all

new to the board...... I been reading alot about the problem on the destiny.... I am booked on her for august 13. 2006....Interesting fact is that carnival has nothing about the detiny situation on their website.... any new news....

As you all know now the ship will dock sometime after 8 pm tonight. Our family has asked us to call their jobs and let them know they won't be in tomorrow. Flights hadn't been confirmed yet. We are waiting for another update. Getting to interent has been dificult because of volume of passengers needing it. I will keep you updated as we hope to hear from them soon.

There are worst things than being 'stuck' in San Juan another day though. It is snowing and freezing here in Ontario Canada.

Rumours abound! It would appear the problem could be anything from a rudder, to a propeller, to a broken leg (a passenger, not the ship). I guess we just have to wait til someone gets home or until Kate gets on board. Maybe dorothyl will come back once the family returns?

We may never know what really happened but as long as she sets out on April 02 with DH & me on it, I may not even care!!

I'm with u vic,hopefully we will be sailing 4/2/06 at 10:00pm!!

Ok.....the host kinky nickname came from the wild things I do.......lol.....No let me be completely honest!........lol (my best Austin Powers voice)......A few years ago we were having electrical problems due to storms and the transformer was hit by lightening behind my house.......the electricity was out for days and I had to go to "Kinkos" to log on to CC....thus someone named me "Host Kinky".....and that is the truth.......NOT that there's anything WRONG with the first thing I said! :p

Well, we finally got to the bottom of THAT mystery! ;) Way to stick with it, DERF. Kinky, I mean Randy, ignored you the first few times you asked, but I knew he'd break down and answer you eventually. HEE HEE HEE :D

"It's also amazing how a broken propellor gets turned into a slow ship"...

I hope there's nothing seriously wrong with the ship.... that would stink... Either they don't make ships like they used to or these are old ships?? Hopefully it all works out.... :)

There are worst things than being 'stuck' in San Juan another day though. It is snowing and freezing here in Ontario Canada.

Thanks for the update, dorothy. Keep us posted.

Sometimes there are downfalls to posting on cc. Think about all those that don't know what's going on and aren't sitting glued to the boards to make sure everything is okay. :rolleyes:

Dorothy, while I do agree with you "there are worse things that being stuck in SJ", I have to add that you must be from the wrong part of Canada! ;) Here on the West Coast it's beautiful and sunny - borderline shorts weather. (Okay not San Juan weather, but definitely sounds better than Niagra Falls! :D )

Archived