Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sandy R

Just had the Krystal massages... fantastic!

The beginning of the month we were in PV, off the Sapphire. DH and I each had the 75 minute full body massages at the Krystal Hotel... for $37 each + tip. We have massages regularly at home so have a basis of comparison. BTW... they told us they didn't take credit cards so it was a good thing we had the cash. We walked to the Krystal from the ship, using previous instructions posted on the board. It wasn't a long walk (maybe 3 or 4 blocks) but the streets are uneven and cobblestone in some areas, so I'd recommend tennis shoes or sturdy sandals.

The Krystal massages were wonderful and very professional! We scheduled our massages for 2 pm local time, ship time is an hour earlier. After our massages, we stayed by their pool, swam and basically enjoyed our day in PV at the Krystal.

We gave the pool attendant $5US and were given towels. Those worried about shade, (I'm one of them) there are umbrellas that the pool attendants can move for you (which were done for us). The pool is shallow (maybe 5 feet) so even those that can't swim, can enjoy the water. There is a "swim-up" bar which was fun (cold beers in a warm pool was the BEST). The pool itself is very large and sparkling clean and the surrouding area is beautiful and clean, with great views of the beach and ocean.

The next time we sail to the Mexican Riviera, we will definitely go back to the Krystal and make a day of it.

Sandy

Sounds great. I can't make a massage in this port due to our time and we have a private horseback riding tour planned but boy I wish I could. They sound great!

Wow that sounds great. We will be in PV staying at the Marival but the massages there are MUCH more expensive. We may just have to trot on down the road to the Krystal. Did you have an appointment made or did you just show up and find out they had openings?

Did the $37 cost reflect an internet discount for making your reservation online? I've also heard they do couples massages. Last price I heard was $65. That may have been with an internet discount and I don't know how long it lasts.

I did make a reservation before we left home by using Krystal's e-mail address that has been previously posted here. Maybe they consider that online. At first I booked a couples massage and then changed it to 2 single massages... DH likes the air temp warm, I like air conditioning, so figured we'd be better off in 2 rooms. I was told the price we paid ($37 each) was the same for couples in the same room or 2 singles in separate rooms. We paid cash because we were told they don't take credit cards any longer.

Is it necessary to make advanced reservations or would we able to just get them when we go? I just hate to be commited to a time. Do they do any massages outside by the pool or beach?

You can try just walking over and finding out if the have an opening but IMHO, when a ship is in port, they might be fully booked. And, as far as I could tell, no massages by the pool or beach but the massage building was literally a 3 minute walk to the pool area.

FYI - I emailed them about their services for my trip in April, and they said their "special" price for the massage is $40. I guess it's up a few dollars. :(

Can someone share the web site address? I'm interested in possibly booking for our trip in a couple weeks..... Thanks!

Tiggyfrank - Thank you very much. Think it's just what the Dr ordered :p

I've been also debating about the Rasul Treatment.....:confused:

Kelly,

Yeah I can't wait! I booked the massage since everyone says they're so good. When are you going to be there? I'm going on Sapphire Princess 4/15 so will be there in PV on 4/18.

Leslie

We're on the Dawn and will be in PV on Sunday, 4/23~

Can hardly wait :D

My wife and our friends that are going with us on the Sapphire cruise this month have a massage session at the Krystal too. We are really looking foward to them. I will let you all know the out come.

ModestoShup:)

:) Hey Kelly K - This sounds pretty good to me and way cheaper than anything they will offer on the ship. Hummmm? :rolleyes: Now you've got me thinking. We have a tour booked that day and it lasts from 9:15am to 2:15pm. Not sure we'll have time for this. Is the spa open for business on Sundays?

Later....Oink! :)

Hola Miss :)ink!

I'm going to e-mail and inquire about hours and availability this weekend. Obvious 1st question is are they open on Sunday?????

It does sound good and the price is definately right :D

How far is the Krystal from the port? We have an excursion booked at 10:15 and were wondering if we made a 8:30 appt. if we would have enough time to get back to the ship to make our excursion, we are having a 75 min. massage.

thanks

Desiree

Sorry more questions....... do you know how much the couples massage is and what does 65us mean on there brochure. If we pay cash it's $40. but then it says 65us. So I am a litthe confused. Then it says 2 pax cash 75.00. I emailed them but I thought I would ask here to see if any off you know about this.

Thanks so much I leave soon and need to make reservations.

Desiree

I hope you have better luck than I..... Sent an e-mail over the weekend and heard back today (finally) - very briefly. I'd asked if they were open on Sunday and if so, what were their hours of service for massages. The short e-mail stated they are open 7 days a week for business, but no info regarding hours was given.

I'd like to make reservations as well, but was wanting to know their hours first. Any info previous posters have in regards to walking distance/travel time would be very helpful! Cruisencouple - how did you make your reservations?

PS: My friends will be on the Sapphire with you ljtinney (aka Lauren). They're looking very forward to this break.

This is the info they sent me. FYI - PV time will be 1 hour after Sapphire ship time:

Hi Leslie good afternoon this is Violett and im going to give you the times and the fee and the types ofthe massages that we have.

We start every day at 8:30 or 9:00, 10:30, 12:00, 1:30, 3:30, 5:00 and 6:30 also we have a promotion if you pay cash is 40 us for one massage and 2 for 75 us, our services are for 75 minutes and we have 3 different kind of massages the antistress wich is a full body relaxing massage, deep tissue and reflexology, we also have a deluxefacial and wraps with mud and parafine, we have the beauty salon.

We are located inside of the Krystal hotel.

Thank you and have a nice day

Violett

Leslie - thanks for the info. I'll try to e-mail them again about setting up appointments. Since the Dawn's there from 0700 - 1800 (ship time) we should have a decent chance of booking a slot for 2 :rolleyes:

Violett is who responded to me earlier e-mail too. I think the price is a good deal ~

I hope you have better luck than I..... Sent an e-mail over the weekend and heard back today (finally) - very briefly. I'd asked if they were open on Sunday and if so, what were their hours of service for massages. The short e-mail stated they are open 7 days a week for business, but no info regarding hours was given.

I'd like to make reservations as well, but was wanting to know their hours first. Any info previous posters have in regards to walking distance/travel time would be very helpful! Cruisencouple - how did you make your reservations?

PS: My friends will be on the Sapphire with you ljtinney (aka Lauren). They're looking very forward to this break.

I got an email similar to the one posted so I replied with the times I had wanted, and how much the cost was for a couples massage. I am still waiting for a response on the times I had requested. So I would just email Violett and request your time slots and wait....

Desiree