Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sandy R

Just had the Krystal massages... fantastic!

OK - just heard back from Violett - we are confirmed for 2 massages at time we'd requested. Cost is $75 US cash total for both.

I have a massage booked at the Krystal for 1:30 p.m. ... what time is that on the ship. I'm sorry I don't understand. Would it be 12:30 p.m. on the ship?

And would that mean that we have to be back on the ship at 4:30 p.m. instead of 5:30 p.m. PV time?:confused: :confused: :confused:

I am a single mother travelling with my two children 16 & 11, does anyone know if the kids could hang out at the pool while I am in having a massage, or is this even a good idea? Thanks for all of your input. 1st time cruiser:o

My husband and I had massages at the Hotel Krystal just a few weeks ago. I just want to mention that this was our first "couple's massage" and it was nice but I literally hurt for the next couple of days. My back really felt sore. I think that I should have asked them not to massage so "hard" but I didn't and I paid for it. Just a heads up.

my wife and I will be in PV on May 1st via the star. our port hours are 9-5. We are doing the canopy adventure 1st thing in the morning. Has anyone here been in pv on the star to know if there is time to do both the canopy AND the massage at the Krystal ??? Brett/Daisha

my wife and I will be in PV on May 1st via the star. our port hours are 9-5. We are doing the canopy adventure 1st thing in the morning. Has anyone here been in pv on the star to know if there is time to do both the canopy AND the massage at the Krystal ??? Brett/Daisha

Ideally there should be plenty of time. Book the earliest canopy tour that you can and be sure to leave yourself enough time to get back to the ship after the massage. Last week I had a terrible experience trying to do both and it turned out we didn't do either, even though they were both reserved to allow plenty of time.

Here is a link on the subject... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=334400

Thanks to these boards I had THE BEST massage ever!!

I had emailed to make an appt for 3:30 (2:30 ship time). After hanging out at the nice Krystal pool for a while I went up to the lady at the booth by the pool for the massage. She knew who I was as I walked up, which makes me think they are not busy with many appointments. She asked if it would be OK or not to have a male and I didn't care. She walked me down to the spa and set me up in the room.

The man came in and did the massage and during it asked a couple of times, "How is my pressure?" All I could say that it was good, it feels really good while I was thinking, 'I cannot believe how awesome this is, it's unbelievable!'

I have had massages at home, this blows any of them away. Why don't they do it the same here? If I could get a massage like this near home, I would so be there all the time.

I am a single mother travelling with my two children 16 & 11, does anyone know if the kids could hang out at the pool while I am in having a massage, or is this even a good idea? Thanks for all of your input. 1st time cruiser:o

We went with our two boys, ages 11 and 12. Given their age, we scheduled our massages essentially back to back so as to avoid having the boys alone in the pool area. But we did this first thing in the morning before there were many people around the pool, so we did not have a feel for how it would be at a peak time. We also did not know where the massage facility was located at that time.

Opinions may certainly vary with one's comfort level about leaving kids alone anywhere and also based on the maturity level of the kids, but in this setting, I would be comfortable having a 16 year old being alone with a 11 year old for an hour, provided they are good swimmers.

The pool area is somewhat separated from the hotel grounds and the beach (note the bathroom was a short walk into the hotel grounds). Vendors stay on the beach. There were adults all around the pool area, some cruisers, most hotel guests and other families with kids. I saw lots of kids wandering around, no different than any US resort, without any issues. There were plenty of places to be in the pool or sitting at the swim up bar (where they can have a soft drink) or sitting at the swim up bar/restaurant (food and drink available) while still being in sight of your stuff, if this is a concern.

There is also a sit down, open air, restaurant adjacent to the pool. Perhaps one option would be to order the kids lunch just prior to your massage, and have them eat while you are gone.

If you choose to proceed with your massage, it would be best to clarify where you wil be so they can find you if need be. I beleive most of the massages take place in a small building a very short walk from the pool as this is where I had mine. However, when I took my wife over for hers, she was taken to one of the main buildings as the massge building was full.

Good luck and as indicated above, the massages are really wonderful. My wife and I did the "four hands" massage. WOW!

We just got back from the Sapphire Princess cruise and we had massages at Krystal. It was the fastest 75 mins ever. The massage was great and we were both relaxed after them. Even with tips it was still cheaper than one massage on board ship.

The building is a little difficult to find on the grounds of the hotel but there was someone to direct us. You can see the bright yellow building it if you are up on deck in the early morning as the ships pull into PV.

Getting to Krystal is really easy. You can either go out to the main road and walk about 1/4 mile to the main entrance of the resort, or as some one else posted there is a shorter way. Look for the round building at the pier and walk past that, you will then see a white wall with a street at the ocean end of it. There is a little gaurd house at the end of the street and a opening. Walk thru the opening and down that street. You will pass some other hotels, but keep walking. This street takes you directly to the side gate of the Krystal Resort. There will be a gaurd shack, just tell them you have an appt at the spa and they will let you in. We took a copy of the e-mail confirmation and there was no problem.

2 thumbs up for the massage! My DH & I really enjoyed the couples massage and thought the resort was quite beautiful. The building was a little hard to find, but we got there early so it was all good. Like the previous poster said - follow the side street down all the way to the end and you'll run into the resort. The guard at the side gate didn't want to let us in, but there was another gentleman working in a shack on the side and explained we were there for massages. We too had a copy of the e-mail to show - but the guard didn't even bother looking. After you enter the hotel grounds - and start down the main path in the middle section you will see another path to the right that leads to the bright yellow building where we had our massages. The pools were fantastic. We spent a couple hours there afterwards just soaking up the sun ~

Hey Craig & Jack - my buddies Lauren & Grant sailed with you and said they had a fantastic time! Sounds like it was a total party :D

Take care~

Hey Craig & Jack - my buddies Lauren & Grant sailed with you and said they had a fantastic time! Sounds like it was a total party :D

Take care~

Hey Kelly you must have been the person Lauren was talking about that was sailing on the Dawn Princess. You are right Lauren and Grant are great people and we enjoy partying with them and everyone else from CC.

How did you like the Dawn? We loved it when we sailed on her last year.

It is such a small world.

take care.

Go back about 17 days on this site for directions.....I just came back about a 15 min. walk....not bad at all!

C & J ~

We really enjoyed our 10 day on the Dawn. I love the fall itinerary coming up with a stop in Alcapulco. It was great leaving out of SF - once we actually found the pier to board :p Decent drive down from Oregon. I'm curious about your future sailing on the Grand and also your cruise to Hawaii. Is it just around the islands? I've been looking at a RT Hawaii from LA on Princess....

C & J ~

We really enjoyed our 10 day on the Dawn. I love the fall itinerary coming up with a stop in Alcapulco. It was great leaving out of SF - once we actually found the pier to board :p Decent drive down from Oregon. I'm curious about your future sailing on the Grand and also your cruise to Hawaii. Is it just around the islands? I've been looking at a RT Hawaii from LA on Princess....

Kelly,

The Golden Princess is doing a 10 day RT from SF to Acapulco, Ixtapa, PV & Cabo on 4/12/07 and 4/22/07. We're doing the 4/22 trip.

The Hawaii trip is on Royal Caribbean - Radiance of the Seas - RT from LA. Honolulu (overnight), Maui (7AM - 11PM), Kona (don't remember the tiems) and a night time sail by of Hilo to hopefully see some volcanic activity.